Chapter 1

It's not you

Minjung was vaguely aware of the man standing a little ways off staring at her, but she paid him no mind. Her team was celebrating around her, all smiles and laughter, as she quickly sat on the bench and worked her skates off. The pads would stay on, because she was in too much of a rush to take the time to take them off, and besides, she knew a man that just loved to take them off for her. 

 

Strands of her dark hair had fallen out of her sloppy pony tail, hanging in her face in soft damp strands that tickled her nose to no end. She pushed it all out of her face with a huff, and made sure that her skates didn't roll out from under the bench. Last time someone's skates had someone had tripped over them and Minjung really didn't want to be the reason that one of her teammates needed to sit out of the sport all of them loved.

 

She frowned slightly at the slowly forming bruise on her thigh as she stood up and pulled down her shorts. The damn things loved to move up on her, though it really was her fault for wearing the silly black spandex. She turned and when she caught sight of the single red rose with a ribbon the color of her team she smiled. He always did know how to make sure she smiled, no matter if they had lost or won. 

 

Minjung softly smelt the flower, her smile widening as she ran her fingers over the delicate red petals. She gently placed it back in her cubby, and put her skates into her bag that was on the floor. She twisted her head a little to hear the quite coversation of two of her teammates, the captain asking if the other if she wanted to join the rest of them for a drink. Minjung knew that the woman would be over to her next, but she couldn't go. She never did, because she had someone who wanted to run her a bath and massage her aching muscles. Minjung didn't want to miss that.

 

But before the older woman could make her way over the man she had vaguely registered looking at her earlier had walked over. He had a stupid flirty smile on his face and Minjung rolled her eyes. She knew what type of guy he was. With his overly done hair, and expensive clothes. The way he held himself. It was guy that believed he could get whatever he wanted, and that included women. Well wasn't he in for a surprise.

 

"You're Minjung right?" He was leaning against the wall, on the little sliver of wood that seperated her cubby hole with the next one with a big flirty grin on his face. He knew he was attractive, and he wanted to make sure that every one else knew that fact also.

 

"Yes." She said because she didn't want to be rude. There was always a chance that she was wrong, and that he was just a fan or maybe a brother of another teammate. "Do I know you?"

 

"We've talked multiple times after the games. Wanna go get a drink with me?" Minjung sighed as she tossed her white helmet into her bag and zipped it up, making the black star disappear before turning around and forcing a smile on her lips. Ah she remembered who he was. Taemin, the younger brother of the captain that was always around. The man who had gotten a night with every single woman on the team besides his sister and Minjung.

 

"No thank you."

 

Her answer didn't see to phase him though, because as she shoulder her bag and reached for her rose the man stepped even closer to her, cutting her off from the flower just as her fingers were just about to graze the white ribbon. His breath was hot on her nose, which was wrinkled, and his hand was gripping her arm. She shook him from her, and scowled. "Come on Sweet Thing. I'll show you what those long legs of yours will look like around my waist as I make you fly in a different way."

 

She scoffed and ducked under his arm and grabbed the flower. "I said no thank you. Now I must go." Before turning to leave she smirked and added, "Since my fiance is waiting outside for me."  

 

She had made it out of the room and into the empty hallway that lead into the giant room where her fiance was waiting for her when Taemin caught up with her. 

 

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." He whispered as he pulled her back and pressed himself against her.

 

She growled. "Back off."

 

"Oh come on. Let me show you what does." 

 

She took a deep breath. " I don't know who you think you are, but excuse me." 

 

He didn't let her go, just chuckling a little. "I like a challenge."

 

 "I know you never get told no, but no." She shoved him away and moved her bag further onto her shoulder before slapping him as he moved to touch her. "Maybe you should learn that not everyone wants your love." 

 

"You don't know what you'll be missing."

 

Minjung just smiled and leaned in a little too close for her comfort but she needed to get her point across. She wrapped her long slender fingers around the man's shirt and whispered into his ear. " Just because you've gotten every other on this team doesn't mean you are entitled to mine. I love someone, who completes me, and it's not you. And that's a wonderous thing. Go off Taemin." 

 

She backed away, a huge smile on her face as she turned. The shorter man looked as she walked away but didn't dare say anything as she walked down the hallway with the rose against her nose as she gently took it's scent in. 

 

A moment later a dark blond haired man stepped out of the only light source in the dimly lit hallway with a huge smile. Minjung dropped her bag and ran to him, who wrapped his arms around her and twirled her around in a circle. She was giggling as he set her back down and kissed her softly. 

 

"That was a great race Jungie." He said softly as he pushed her hair out of her face. He gave her nose a quick kiss and went to grab her bag. He knew that she hated it when people did things for her, but he also knew she didn't mind when he did it because she knew he loved to spoil her. They walked out with their hands clasped together, matching soft loving smiles as they talked quietly to themselves. 

 

When they got home he lit those apple cinnimon candles he knew she loved, and helped her out of her pads. He then ran her that hot bath that she loved, and climbed in with her, gently washing her hair as she told him all about the younger man that tried to get her.

 

He had just smiled softly, and even laughed, because he knew Minjung was his to keep. So that night as they laid in their bed with her eyes slowly closing and her warm breaths on his bare chest, he kissed her forehead and whispered. "I love you Jungie."

 

She softly smiled, turning her head a little to kiss his chest before whispering back. "And I love you Jinki."