PREVIEW~

The Spirit and The Soul

                                                                                                                                                           Eros                                       
 I step out the way swiftly before the boy could even get close to me. My brothers’ eyes went wide at the sight of me actually getting away from his attack. Again. My brothers always try to pull a fast one on me, but it never works.
 My brother lands face first in the grass. I stare at him in amusement as Harmonia giggles like a little girl at her brothers’ stupidity. You know what else is funny: whenever my siblings try to do this, Harmonia is always close by, watching. The kid is never away from me. You can say she follows me like a lonely puppy. I find it adorable. My brothers says it sounds suffocating.

 Diemos, the firth born of the family, shakes the grass rom his face and shoots daggers from his eyes at me. I kept my smart- smirk on my face, just to make him angrier.
 This kid is the god of terror. But get this, he’s not exactly terrifying. The boy has ingenious plans when it comes to working beside our father, but every other time, he is just a silly, clumsy little boy. I certainly am not afraid of him. The Roman’s would not even find him a threat.

 Diemos brushes the dirt from his clothes as he gets up, holding up his sword at me.
 “You weren’t in swords class like father told you to.”

 I snorted. “My my, that’s one observation you got there, god of the inferior.”

 He pointed the sword closer to my chin. “Do not call me that.” He spitted. “It’s god of terror, from you.”

 I stepped back from his blade and hold my hands up in surrender. Just when I did, two other hands clamped down on my shoulders. As I expected, my other two baby brothers appear right beside me.

 “The runaway prince has returned. Again.”
 The brother who said that was Phobos, the brother born after me. In my opinion, this brother was rather more handsome then me, mainly because he has smaller eyes and lips compared to me. The god of terror calls me frog face because of it.

 I snort at his comment. “Nice to see you, too. I’ve been meaning to talk to you guys about something.” I gave them the ‘suspicious eye’ that I usually give them when I know they did something wrong. My brothers do nothing but smirk at me. They know that annoys me. I’m the only one that can get away with looking like a smart-.
 I lower my hands as my three brothers face me, like old enemies confronting for a battle.

 I turn my head slightly so I can see Harmonia at the corner of my eye. “Harmonia, go inside and sort to mother. Have a little girl-to-girl talk with her.” She knows what I really mean. If I can’t get anything out of brothers, I can always rely on my trustful little sister.

 But just when she gets up to walk out of the gardens, Anteros, the god of requited love, holds out a hand and she freezes. “No no, young sister. Stay. Witness the humiliation of the favorite son.”
 Anteros has other wise been the calmest of us four brothers. His past is blurry and gray, because of many loves he has had and lost.

 I narrow my eyes at him. Why are they so mad at me? What did I do wrong this time? Besides giving each of them tongue each day, I have never done anything to make them this upset with me. Or are they just looking for a fight and they think I’m the easy target? Well I won’t have it. I will not let these little kids try and stand up to me like I’m that easy.
 I cut right to the chase with them. “You all are ungrateful little sneaks.” I narrow my eyes. “You knew what would happen and yet you still decided to tell on me.”

 “Very smart of you to notice, Eros.” The god of terror says with a smile.

 I continue like I didn’t hear him. “No doubt you exaggerated while I was gone. Mom used her powers on me.”

 Phobos raised his eyebrows. “Wow, really? Now that’s how you know she’s angry.”

 “What was the story this time?” I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

 “What story? We know what you did.” Anteros shrugs as if in on my secret. Which he couldn’t be, because, I haven’t told him yet. Anteros is another person who can usually keep his mouth shut, you know, before my other brothers persuade him to spill it.

 “Yeah,” Diemos says. “You were with a girl. End of story.” He walked back to sit by Harmonia on the fountain.

 “Not to mother. To her I was probably with someone she most certainly would not approve of, like a Roman.” I push the thought of curly hair and tan skin to the back of my brain.

 “That doesn’t matter,” Diemos says, crossing his arms. “The point was that you were out, without permission,” Harmonia looked at me with big, pitiful eyes. I hated that look. Anybody’s pity always puts me down.
 “And you were probably sleeping with someone. And that’s all there is to it.” Diemos finished, giving a prideful look.

 The boy could never keep his mouth shut, telling some kind of story whether it be a lie or the truth.
 When we were little he did it just for his own amusement. Now a days he does it to make me angry. Fortunately, for him, it works.

 I point a finger in his face. “One of these days, you little , I’m going to-”

 “Kiss me to death?” He gave a false bright smile.

 I rolled my eyes. “You act like being a slight pacifist is a problem.”

 “It is. It shows weakness.”

 “It is not weakness to not fight.” I grabbed Harmonia’s hand, standing her up and gesturing her to follow me.
 She followed out of the small grassy field and we entered our vast stone palace.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can't wait to come back~