Head To Head, Face To Face

Sweet Revenge For Mr. Kookie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The number you’re calling is currently unreachable.”

“Ya! Give me back my namjachingu!!”

“Please call again in a few minute...”

“Arasseo ahjumma.” I huff as I pressed the ‘end’ button. I threw the phone nonchalantly and lay my back to bed. Staring blankly to the ceiling. It’s been a week after he’s back from Thailand and sadly we haven’t chance to meet up yet. To make it worse, since yesterday, his number been off unknowingly. “Where have you been, oppa?”

I sighed. My heart terribly hurt. I feel like crying thinking that we’re further apart, but why the tears didn’t come out even a single drop? I’m such a pathetic girlfriend.

As I change my position, decided to close my eyes and get a sleep, someone knock the door and barged inside even before wait for my respond.

“Yeojachingu annyeong~~ Long time no see~ do you miss me~~??”

And there’s his face popped up behind the door. Showing a weird eye smile and awkward aegyo. I abruptly get up and shouted my complain. That oppa... jeongmal... let me just grab his hair for a while.

 “YA!! YA!!! SONG JI HYO!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? YA! LET ME GO! IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR EXHAUSTED BOYFRIEND? YA!! JIHYO-YA!! IT’S HURT! JIHYO-YA!!”

**

“Where have you been, oppa? Why did you disappear? Did you forget me already?” I asked nonstop as we peacefully standing next to each other at the balcony outside my room.

Jongkook oppa sipped his coffee before answered. “You know I always busy during my comeback period.”

“I don’t know that it means you have to ignore your yeojachingu.” I mumbled, looking away to avoid being afraid to burst out my feeling. This time, I proclaim my self to confront him, to get what I want to know, to make him explain everything that I need to know.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw oppa sighed with head down. “Jihyo-ya...” I startled when he suddenly grab my hand and hug me from behind. “I didn’t mean to ignore you. Jinjaya. It’s just I was too  busy recently. And my manager always around me everytime. I didn’t have chance to call you with him by my side.”

His reason make me can’t help but pouting to vent my anger. Why is he so afraid of his manager? Kim Kapjin is not as scary as he often said. Instead, I saw he’s the one who’s afraid of oppa. Especially when oppa mad and yelling.

“Please, understand my condition, Jihyo-ya. I’m doing a hard job, and you know that right? It wasn’t easy, never easy to maintain my job and personal life at the same time. I’m on the peak of my career. A lot of offering come to me and it will such a pity if I refuse it all. As long as I still can breath, I want to do everything that I can do. If I’m too busy and make you feel ignored, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to do that. Instead, I always feel uneasy and afraid...”

I’m not sure if it just my feeling or real, when he rested his chin on my shoulder, I feel like I could feel the weight of his burden that he’s been endure for the sake of his career.

“... I’m afraid... someone better than me will steal my position from your heart.”

He tighten his hug, make my heartbeat racing because I can feel his muscle all around my body. It’s so firm. Oh my God!

“I know I’m doing wrong by not contacting you for the past few days. Like I said before, It’s hard to find some privacy around my staff and manager. They never left me alone.”

I sighed and lost interest in his muscle. “Then oppa... why don’t you just tell them about us?  It will make your pressure less... a little bit, I think.” I told him timidly. I’m dubbed as a strong woman from people around me, but why I have a timid talking habit? It was so weird.

“Jihyo-ya...” It’s oppa’s turn to sighed.

I turned my head to get a glimpse of his face. “Do you... by any chance, embarassing have... a girlfriend... like... me?” Again! Timid!

He immediately move his head to look at me, loosen his hug because too surprised and disbelief. “No Jihyo-ya. I didn’t. Never. I’m so proud of you.”

“So why did you hide me? Why did you afraid to show our relationship to public?”

He sighed again. “Jihyo-ya, I cant innocently reveal everything to public. I want to make a clear distance between my profesional life and personal life. To be honest, it so tiring living like this. But I have to. Because I dont want people messing with my privacy and disturb people that I love. I have a lot to protect.”

“Except me?” I cut his words nonchalantly. What he said really annoying and make me feel so selfish. But I dont want to lose. I want to fight for my right.

“Aniya. Including you ofcourse. You’re the most important part to protect. If we’re go public, I can’t guarantee your safety when I’m not around. For sure, people will be curious about you. I’m afraid they will stalk and follow you everywhere you go. It’s never nice having eyes on you everywhere. I guess you still remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter