Chapter 2

Fated Encounters

 

 

So as the author and the great, I shall be introducing a new character c: 

~

Nicky Cross. Was that her real name? Nope~ Why you might ask? It was her stage name, so should I put. She was an actress who was recently called to Korea by a movie director that spotted her at a gathering of actors where they were scouted for and picked to act in certain movies. Studying piano and languages at a younger age is probably what helped get her the role. 

Nicky recently made it to Korea through a very long airplane ride where she met a horribly annoying dude that sat next to her. He kept teasing her and in the end she didn't even know his name which she could have yelled out in anger. Throwing her hands up in exasperation, she angrily tugged at her suitcase and hauled it the hell out of the airport. 

~

Renee’s POV

The sun filtered through my dim curtains as I pulled the covers up to my chin, smiling sleepily at the thought of today being a weekend. I looked around at my surroundings through half lidded eyes and gave a huge yawn, followed by a very satisfying stretch.

Deciding I would stay in bed for a few more minutes, the T.V by itself. Staring at it wide eyed (for I forgot I put it on automatic turn on at 12:00pm) I watched the screen, momentarily fixated. Remembering this wasn’t some technology malfunction or some ghost, I gave small a laugh of relief and slid off the bed, scratching my head. I sloppily walked over to the bathroom which was connected to my room (the only form of luxury in this dump) and proceeded to brush my teeth with my green dinosaur toothbrush.

I then hear the T.V from my room (which was still ) say:

“Starring the lead roles in our next drama, Crystallized Journey, Nicky Cross and Lee Jaejin!”

Spitting out my Aquafresh tooth paste, I make a dash to room, and stare at the screen. There on the advertisement was my friend whom I’ve known since sixth grade.

Chuckling darkly, I reach for the phone and dial her number. I hear an uncertain voice say, “Hello..?”

I pause for a few seconds just to make her hesitate, and then I yell into the phone, “YOU!”

“Um..yes?”

“I’M MOVING IN.”

“I’m sorry, what?

“Meeeerong~”

I hung up, with a silly, satisfied grin on my face. This was going to be fun.

---

Later on, most of my stuff was already packed into one gigantic suitcase. The thing sat in the middle of the kitchen and looked in size like a car would next to a person, if what I’m saying makes any sense.

I lastly took my Minho from the pillows of my bed and gently set him down into my hand bag which I would be wearing on my shoulder.  I was done with the packing, and the fact that I never bothered to unpack my stuff when I moved here really helped me now.

Dragging my huge brown suitcase behind me, I somehow managed to squeeze it through the doorway, and slammed the door closed with something that sounded like a grand finale. My eyes then fell on the staircase and I drew in a breath of horror. I looked at my suitcase then at the stairs. Then at the suitcase, then at the stairs. How on earth was I going to drag this thing down there?

Knowing there was nobody to rely on; I decided to try for the best. Stepping down on one step by step and balancing the suitcase by my shoulder, it looked more like the suitcase was squishing me instead of me casually carrying it down.

I hear a voice call from below, “Omo, Renee dear, what might you be doing? Are you alright?”

“I’m…fine!” I managed to squeak out. Looking down to see my neighbor, I momentarily lost balance and the suitcase rolled all the way down, opening up and spilling half its contents at the bottom. “.”

My neighbor started immediately putting my stuff in place. “Where are you going, carrying this much stuff?”

“I’m moving. Hopefully they won’t throw me out.” I said with a laugh.

“Oh, that’s a shame…I did hope you’d stay here longer.” She patted my arm. “Good luck though, wherever you’re going. And do come visit me some time.”

“I will,” I smiled at her warmly and gave her a hug. Waving, I walked towards the much too familiar gates with chipped paint that I would hopefully never have to see again.

---

3rd person POV

Some time earlier -

Nicky was running through the hall, dreading that she might be very late. She was hurrying to the meeting the director scheduled so everyone would meet their co-actors. While running, she noted, annoyed, that the floor was really slippery. Not watching where she was going, she bumped head first into a person in a grey sweater and dropped all the papers she was carrying.

“I’m so sorry!” she quickly kneeled down to pick up her papers, and happened to take the same paper the other person picked.

Holding the page, they both looked up at each other, and the latter smiled. “It’s fine.”

Momentarily transfixed, Nicky broke out of the trance. “Um, thanks!” She was about to make a run for it, but was stopped when her arm was held back. “I was just uh, going to this room…room…105 I think it was…and so I’d stay, but I really think I’m going to be late, so bye!”

“Oh, room 105?” the boy smiled again. “I’m actually heading there too. Are you going there for Crystallized Journey?”

“Ah…yes…”

“Then we can go together. Oh and by the way, we’ve still got an entire hour left.“ He showed her his watch.

Staring at it for a few good seconds, she made a facepalm. “Aish, I set the time wrong on my watch again…”

The boy laughed. ‘I’m Lee Jaejin by the way.”

“Oh…you’re the guy that has the other main role? The director told me about you! I’m Nicky Cross.”

“Oh really? It’s really nice meeting you. And oh my god, my car alarm is off again! Give me a sec…” Jaejin searched around for his keys in his pocket, and fished out a black key with three buttons. Walking up to the nearest window, he pressed the ‘lock’ button and the ear spitting alarm turned off.

“That’s one car alarm you’ve got there,” Nicky said, giving a nervous laugh.

“Tell me about it,” Jaejin rolled his eyes.

“So…”

“So what’s it like, being in Korea?” Jaejin cut her off.

“Erm, it’s refreshing…I guess.”

“Korea? Refreshing? Well I guess that’s one way to put it,” he looked at her with amusement in his eyes.

Stepping on her own foot, Nicky looked up at him with her brows furrowed, biting her lip.

Jaejin laughed and stood up from the wall. “Do you want to get something to eat before we have to join the meeting? Those type of things are super long, I bet you anything we’ll have to film a live advertisement right then and there.”

“Oh, really? I’m looking forward to it, it sounds like a lot of fun. And where are we going to go to eat?” Nicky looked up at him, her furrowed brows smoothing out into a small smile.

“I know this super good sushi place, just across the road from here,” Jaejin made extra emphasis on the ‘super’ with hand gestures.  

“Oh, I love sushi! Let’s go!” Nicky jumped up from the wall and went to follow him.

…So in the end…they both ended up late to the meeting.

---

Nicky’s POV

Some time after the meeting –

My phone rang softly, and I took the little blue item from my purse.

“Hello..?”

There was no answer for a few seconds, and I thought perhaps the connection might have been cut.

“YOU!” I heard a familiar voice yell into the phone.

“Um..yes?”

“I’M MOVING IN.” Wait. Wait what?!

“I’m sorry, what?

“Meeeerong~”

I heard the other line hang up.

Looking at my phone wide eyed, I muttered under my breath, “I’m locking all my doors and windows tonight o_o” 

===

You know, it's really hard making long chapters! So forgive this fail of mine xD

IF YOU SUBSCRIBE BY THE WAY, I WILL DELIVER A YEARS WORTH OF PIZZA TO YOU.

AND IF NOT,

I WILL KILL YOUR BABIES.

kay bye 83