Perfect Matches of Pianist and Guitarist

Perfect Matches of Pianist and Guitarist

Perfect Matches of Pianist and Guitarist

 

Genre: AU, Oneshot

Rating: PG-13

Synopsis: Matches that happened between the Pianist and Guitarist

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is YongSeo fanfic, solely my own imagination.

 

 

#


 

First Match :

 

 

In front of a music center institute, twenty-one-year-old Jung Yonghwa walked down the front hall to the ground where it is filled with green grasses of garden, featured with gray winding roads, that made a nice top view image of institute logo.

 

He walked among friends, among whom he shared a dream with, a dream about becoming musician. A dream was to be perfect in one or more musical instruments, to be able to impress the crowd with excellent performance, and hoped to stick his name in music charts sometimes in the future.

 

He and his three closest friends greeted people around then and there, saying hello to one, patting on shoulders to many. Four of them, they were all shining with white suit and pants they chose to adorn and hoping for a full effect, in which, of course, affected satisfactorily.

 

He stopped at the middle of the road to chat with a hip-hop he's acquainted with, the three others were also separate to chaffer with their friends, not far but not close enough to prevent Yonghwa when, suddenly, there's a bicycle riding along the road with speed of lightening.

 

In a blink of an eye, everyone on that point of the road found themselves lying ceremoniously on the ground and that shut everyone mouths in 10 metres radial. Then it's very quiet with eerily sound of wind, leaves and .. Jung Yonghwa's roar.

 

"What do you think you're doing? What's wrong with your eyes? Forget them at home?" He growled low everything but calm and quiet.

 

The rider picked up her red-rim eyeglasses from the ground and lodged them upon her nose which was already high in the air.

 

"And, What do you think you're doing? Standing on middle of the road? In that skull of yours, is there brain inside?"

 

He's all and snarled more. "You!, Pabo!, you're riding that ugly bicycle straight to my friend and me. Tsk, without saying sorry, you insulted me with that little speech. I'm sure it's you that have no brain inside that little head of yours."

 

She straightened and made herself eye level with his. She looked into his eyes with nose almost touching. "You're the worst. It's worse my time just talking with you." Then she turned from him, picked up her guitar case which she fortunately saved it from any harm when she fell down.

 

"Tsk, tsk, guitar class, and I see that's why." He said with a smirk and eyes blazed with fire.

 

"What's with guitar class you're talking about?" She spat.

 

"Oh, just normal guitar class and everyone know about that."

 

"About what?"

 

"About everything." He shrugged.

 

"What do you mean?" She growled, she walked close to him again with her guitar case in tow;  which in Yonghwa's opinion, it might not be safe to anger her more so he put a step back.

 

"We, piano class, like to have concord conversation, we don't like aggressiveness, and we drive safety."

 

She squinted her eyes. "Oh, that is, piano class, I now know where unneccessary arrogance come from."

 

"What? What do say about piano class?"

 

"And what you said about guitar class?"

 

They both just kept staring at each other, if the air between them could burn, it would have been fire amidst already.

 

"We can set this thing right this evening, if you dare enough." He smirked.

 

She blinked and straightened her body even more. "Sure, where?"

 

"Practice room." He thought a bit. "404."

 

"Fine and I wish you're brave enough to be there." Satisfied to have the last word she, her guitar case and her bicycle walked away.

 

While, on the other hand, Yonghwa just stared at her back until he felt his shoulders squeezed and heard his friend said. "What's performance, hyung, and what's that girl you've found, wow, it's like she just happened there and straight into your arms." JongHyun said.

 

"Straight in to my arms my . She all but pushed me into the ground. See my elbow, there's blood." Yonghwa tried to keep his pride by whining.

 

"With that face of her, that body, and my god those legs, I wouldn't mind being push on the ground with her in tow." Jungshin's eyebrows twisted twice.

 

Because he thought the same, Yonghwa hit his friend's head .. hard. "Pabo! For god sake, she hit me with her bicycle and you guys, what?, any sympathy to me? Nope, her face, her body, her legs, what wrong with your eyes?"

 

"Oh, hyung, our eyes and minds are just normal, and I believe yours, too. I saw you stared at her legs." Minhyuk commented.

 

He brushed it off by shrugging and everyone knew that's the truth. However, then he mumbled. "What's her name anyway?"

 

 

#

 

 

Seo Juhyun walked straight to where she could leave her bicycle in slots. She blew her hair that fell down on her face away. It's simple not her day, she told herself. She just slept in which was very rare and surprised to her diligent-self. Since she's late, her Appa had already gone. So, she had to come to school by herself with that disgrace and old like ajhumma bicycle, and with her big guitar case with full weight of guitar and all it made a task on bicycle worse. However, she gave all credit of that accident to that arrogant guy, and who wore all white? For god sake, what did he think he was? An archangel? Blah, as if. She shrugged and locked her two-wheel vehicle. She hitched up her guitar over her shoulder and walked inside building.

 

It's not her day, she kept telling herself. She forgot her hairband because of all rushing in the morning, and had no choice but let her hair down and fall over her shoulders and sometimes face. She blew her hair away again with a bit hmmmp.

 

She's still angry with both herself and that son-of-b...

 

And what's his name anyway?

 

 

#


 

Second Match :

 

 

Evening had come a bit fast in her opinion, the sun was setting and the sky was breathing with those unexplainable colors apart from orange and blue. It would be beautiful if Seo Juhyun had time to stop her somehow nervous heart and could turn her focus to appreciate it.

 

Her pride kept her walked straight to the practice room on fourth floor, of course, with her buddy guitar clinging on her right shoulder.

 

She took a deep breath in front of the room where the light already indicating there's someone already inside. Her hand on the knob, she breathed in again, before turning it.

 

She found a beautiful music by her ears before her eyes focused enough to see what's inside the room.

 

And there he was, a guy she'd cursed for the whole day, sitting there at the corner of the room. He sat before an electronic piano and was playing, as she's reluctant to accept, beautifully.

 

She tried as her might to be quiet. As a musician, amateur or not, she liked beautiful music, she liked when all notes in music sheet became alive. They danced, they skipped, they flew, and they made her heart swell. Oh, okay, he's good, he's good at it. She thought to herself while she leaned by the wall beside the door.

 

The more she stared, the more she noticed, not only he's good at playing piano, he's looking so good sitting there playing it with all of his concentration, his bang covered his forehead, his eyes intense, his mouth opened a bit, and his fingers .. no!, no no no no no, she wouldn't look to his fingers. She knew she's weak there. She had her soft spot with musician hands.

 

While a girl had a war inside her head, a boy had a dream inside his mind.

 

He spent his whole day daydreaming to the girl he's wrath in the morning. When hours passed, the anger became less, the affection became more. He liked girls with spine, a strong girl who wasn't afraid to show her thought. When he asked around, he knew about her name, Seo Juhyun, and more. She's an ace in her class. She had talent and didn't make it lightly. She liked to practice. She liked to spend hours and hours in practice room which he's the same. He understood how she loved her guitar as how he love his piano. So, when he came to practice room thinking about her, he just sat and played. He knew when he was in this kind of mood, his talent was triggered and it'll be flown. Before he put his fingers on the keys, he the recorder, nothing better than composing a song which a subject, a girl preferable, in his mind. So, it's poured from his brain, his mind, to his fingers - ah, Seo Juhyun, what's a beautiful name with her beauty all the rest, he just .. couldn't stop.

 

When the last note chilled in the air, he took a deep breath with whole heart satisfaction. It's an awesome song, he couldn't wait to play it again with his full band. Suddenly, clapping waked him from revelry, he looked up and found his subject stood beside the door. She's beautiful like his mind projected in the song. He smiled to her.

 

Her heart skipped a beat with his cheek-bursting smile, oh, he's adorable, and she smiled back.

 

His heart also stopped a beat with her warmth angelic smile, oh, she's a goddess.


 

#


 

When he cut their spell-bound with a nod with challenging eyes, Juhyun without hesitation walked inside the room, brought her guitar out, plugged into amplifier, then started to play. She began with a lead that screwed to the third inner ear layer, then she played her favorite - It’s My Life, Bon Jovi, as if to say aloud this was her life, the way she chose her life with precious guitar.

 

When a verse passed, to Juhyun surprised, her nemesis at the moment played his part with his piano, and she would say very silently that he was also good at it, at Rock she picked out for first battle. Melody from piano was so in sync with her lead from guitar, they both blended, mixed and became something that Juhyun not yet wanted to find out.

 

When the last note had been played, he started his piano with Symphony No.9, showed off his talent, yes, he wouldn’t mind he liked to boast. But, to Yonghwa surprised, she played along with him, had he ever listened Beethoven’s played by guitar before he thought not. And, oh wow, she was good at it. With her electric guitar, she made Symphony No.9 came to life which made him more into the song, the note, the melody, wow, when the song ended he almost had . He looked at her with a new light in his eyes.

 

And the naive girl, she just simple turned intense atmosphere to Bruno Mars, The Lazy Songs, the melody was cute, the lyric was enjoyable, they sang together with synchronizedly shake of their heads in the chorus like the singer did in his MV. When the song ended, they grinned to each other, wow, it’s best to play with someone that could catch you up no matter what songs, what melodies, what genre, so Yonghwa started his turn.

 

To expand horizon, he chose Whitney Houston, I’ll Always Love You. And to his big amazement, she didn’t play her famous guitar at all, but lending her voice instead. He found that her voice was clear as crystal and could hit the high notes beautifully. He made note to himself he would invite her to join his band. He had to snatch this voice before someone else had.

 

Songs after songs, genre after genre, they played they sang they even danced together. It’s a kind of experience which both Yonghwa and Juhyun would definitely repeat. So, when he asked to meet again tomorrow’s evening, she just smiled and nodded and he grinned.


 

#


 

Third Match :

 

 

Yonghwa entered school ground with a guitar case slinging over his right shoulder while his left arm held on the shoulders of the girl he hung out with for a couple of weeks already. They’re friends they told everyone and even themselves, but Yonghwa planned to change that .. today.

 

They walked up the staircase at the front hall with onlookers around them speculated. Ones might wished they would become more, some might reject the idea and wish for him or her themselves. However, no one could say that they weren’t match, because they definitely were. Like two jigsaws snapped in place, like spoon and fork, like coffee with milk, like two people that fated to be together.

 

He brought her to a small stage where students here often had their littler own performance. They often had their own as well, apart from CNBlue the band he was in, he also had his little world that shared only with his Juhyun. A little world where music was a glue that the more they played together, the tighter they felt to each other. He chodingly said that they’re YongSeo, that’s their own band name.

 

Today, YongSeo was going to perform only that half of the pair didn’t actually know the agenda. She looked confusedly at him when he sat her on a amplifier beside him while he held on an acoustic guitar. He could also play guitar though it might not very well. However, he wanted to be in her world, in her music, in her mind and in her heart, so he chose to play guitar today. He said to microphone. “Today, I’m gonna play a song that I wrote. The song I wrote about what Love Is. I once think Love is like chocolate when it’s both bitter and sweet; however, now that I found Love..” His eyes turn directly to her. “Now that I found Love, I only know that I want her near, I want to breath the same air with her, I want to be with her every minutes I can, I want to shout the world how I love her so much. Seo Juhyun, I love you.” He ended his long speech with a touch of his lips to her nose. Her eyes were wide like a deer captured by the light, so adorable Yonghwa thought. “This song is for you.” He said before started playing the song he wrote with his piano when they first practiced together in that room.

 

When she became back to herself and started to catch up his notes, she stood up and sat again in front of a piano. She could play piano as well, though it might not as good. But what’s better than piano to sync with his guitar. She started to play with him as they more than often did with exchange of instruments. The notes joined and blended and filled the hall with sweet love confession from both side.

 

Their eyes held a promise where they would remind each other in private.

 

The love had been matched.

 

Pianist and Guitarist.


 

- END -


 

Author Note: Though someone (or many) may insist that YH playing piano has nothing related to SH and while SH playing guitar has nothing to do with YH. I also insist that they are sure related!!! JYHeffect and SJHeffect, what spell they casted to each other, they sure use it well.

 

Thx for reading.