February 29th #1

Someone Living With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I unpacked my stuffs from my luggage. The new house, the new life, and the new me. Everything was new things for me. My parents just passed away 2 months ago because of the plane accident when they had a business trip, and two last week ago I decided to move from my old house to the new house. This house was smaller than the old one. But small or large was not a big deal for me as long as it fit with me who was living alone in this world. Well, actually I was not that alone, I had uncle and aunt who were living in Daegu. But I didn’t want to become a burden for them by living along with them and their couple children.

I bought this house with a cheap price three days ago. The old owner sold this house because they really needed money and chose to live in the countryside. They said, living in the countryside would be better than living here because they might have a lot of friends there. Yeah, it might be right. I just arrived at this house in this afternoon, and I didn’t see there were another people who lived in this residence. It seemed like I had no neighborhood. I didn’t know, it was still my first day here.

I checked again at the downstairs. The workers were still moving all of my furniture to the living room, kitchen and dining room. They had done with my bedroom and all the things at the upstairs this morning. It had been for five times they brought my furniture from my old house then moved it to here. They might be so tired. I made six glasses of orange juice and cookies for them then asked them to take a break for awhile.

“Are you really living alone, Miss?” Asked one of the workers.

I nodded slightly. “Why?”

“Nothing. But this place is so silence. I mean you are a young lady, well just forget what I’ve said, Miss.” He giggled then drank all his orange juice.

I giggled. “I used to live alone. Don’t be worry.”

“Well, let’s continue moving.”

 

I prepared my dinner. I still had ramyeon and kimchi in the fridge. I ate it in the living room while watching television. Tonight was my favorite drama schedule to be aired. The drama entitled Master Sun. The plot was a bit like ghost buster. They helped ghost to finish their mission before going to the heaven forever. It was nice drama. I liked these kinds of ghost story since I became a radio announcer for segment of ghost story. It had been 3 months I shared about ghost story every Thursday and Friday night from the listeners who had posted their story via email to our radio company. I always had goosebump in every telling those story and hard to go to sleep at the night right after that, but it was my job. I should be accustomed with it.

I’ve finished my dinner then did the dishes. I turned off the television because the drama had been over then back to my room. When I was about to closed the curtain I saw a man w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter