We are...what are we?

We are...what are we?
Please log in to read the full chapter

BGM : Some

 

 

 

 

A strain of wind blows by Yoseob’s cheek as he slowly opens his eyelids to the new day’s sun rise. White curtains move a little bit when a mild breeze enters the opened windows. The little boy trembles when his bare feet at the other end of the blanket are touched by the cold and pull them back into the coziness under the giant brown fluffy blanket. Yoseob turns around to a small desk next to his bed and giggles to himself after he looks at the calendar.

 

It’s Valentine’s Day.

 

The small boy in a cozy pajama rolls over and stands on his two feet. He reaches for his phone which is charging on the wall not too far away, and checks if the text he got last night before he went to sleep is not just a dream.

 

‘Are you free tomorrow? Let’s go out!!’

 

This wouldn’t make Yang Yoseob this happy since he receives this kind of messages every time of the year, but this time it’s from Yoon Dujun, another popular boy in the school, his rival that he hates more than anything.

 

At least he used to…

 

Plump fingers start to type on the small keyboard on the screen quickly and then get slower. Yoseob looks at the text he wrote, erases it, looks at it again, and retypes it like that for countless times until he’s satisfied. Finally, after ten minutes, he sends it out with red circles on both of his cheeks.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

‘Beep Beep’

 

The message notification ringtone wakes a tall, well-built boy on the couch up to find his phone lying on his face. Dujun blinks a few times after he sees someone’s name blinking on the screen. He smiles, since he doesn’t have to hide it, and doesn’t waste any more time before he reads the text he just got.

 

‘Um..I have an appointment with someone, but I’ll tell you if I have time’

 

The wide smile disappears in less than a second. Dujun bites his lips and throw his phone on his bed not so far away. The answer that he’s been waiting all night long until he fell asleep on this totally uncomfortable couch is this? Oh gosh this prestigious Dujun’s pride is absolutely crushed by that…cute, little Yang Yoseob. He’s doomed.

 

“Aish…you have something more important than me, huh?”

 

Dujun gasps and slowly gets up from the sofa. He looks around for the outfit he neatly picked out last night and drags it back into the closet desperately. Maybe he was just too excited.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

He’s been waiting for fifteen minutes now…

 

Still no respond

 

“That stupid Yoon Dujun”

 

Yoseob frowns as he throws his phone back on the bed once again. He sighs and starts to his favorite shirt he’s been choosing all these time. Well...guess he doesn’t need anymore huh?

 

“Is he awake yet?”

 

Yes, Dujun always wake up before he does.

 

“Or maybe he didn’t read the text yet…?”

 

No way!! Dujun reads his text immediately everytime…

 

“Or did he really give up on me? Just like that?”

 

‘Ding’

 

Right when he realizes Dujun might have really given up on him having an appointment, the special ringtone he has for Dujun comes into his ears. The little boy smiles so wide that it shows his dimple and grabs the white phone without hesitation.

 

‘I see…have fun then :

Please log in to read the full chapter