First Dance

First Dance

You smiled down at your daughter as you brushed her straight black hair into a neat ponytail and tied it with a sparkly blue elastic. She hopped down from the stool in front of you and twirled in her new dress, the same color as her elastic. You were tying a ribbon around her waist when Yesung appeared in the doorway, tie undone, and no shoes, only socks, on.

"Baby, where are my dress shoes and the corsage?"

"Your shoes are in the closet behind my box of new pumps and the corsage is on the kitchen counter next to the sink."

"Alright, thanks," He said, and ran off to get them.

You sighed. Your husband, forgetful in his old age. You chuckled to yourself.

You and Yesung had been married for eight years now, two years longer than your daughter had been alive. You had met him in a book store one day. Not recognizing him as Kim Yesung, the singing powerhouse of the world-famous group Super Junior, you two hit it off immediately and continued meeting up for quiet, relaxed dates. Well, quiet except for the adoring ELFs that trailed you everywhere. You had been made aware of his status the second you two left the bookstore together and had been flocked by fans. You didn't mind, though. Sometimes he was away for a long time touring and such, but seeing him beam with joy on Skype every night as he told you about his busy day, and hearing him tell your daughter that he loved her and that appa would be home soon made it all worth it. But tonight was a night that Yesung wouldn't miss for the world. It was your daughter's first father-daughter dance, put on by her elementary school. 

You led her into the living room, where Yesung had finally gotten himself together. He looked up from his phone as you entered, smiled, and slipped it into his pocket.

"Look at my two most favorite girls in the world, beautiful as ever." He stood up, picked your daughter up and swung her around, and kissed you on the lips.

"Eww, Daddy!" Your daughter exclaimed, covering her eyes.

Yesung chuckled and set her down.

"You ready, baby girl?" Yesung asked her as she readjusted her dress.

"Not yet," You answered for her, getting out the camera.

Yesung swung his daughter back up into his arms and slipped the corsage he bought for her onto her tiny wrist. He kissed the top of her head and whispered for her to smile.

When you were finished taking pictures, your family piled into the car and drove to the elementary school.

~~~

A few hours later, you were standing off to the side of the gymnasium with the rest of the PTO members. A slow song was playing, and your eyes were locked on your husband slowly waltzing with your daughter, her little arms wrapped around his neck and her legs hitched up around his waist. Her eyes were filled to the brim with sleep, and you could see your husband's lips moving slightly, whispering the words of the song to her.

You smiled and caught his eye. He beamed back at you, brighter than he beamed while talking about his job which he adored so much.

You instantly felt an overwhelming wave of love for the two people in your gaze: your husband, who was your other half; and your daughter, who had his eyes and lips, his love of turtles and his singing ability, who was beautiful and smart and funny and amazing and so little and whom you loved so much and was everything you ever wanted from a daughter. Yesung seemed to understand the wave of emotion that crashed over you, and when the lights came up, he slowly made his way over to you, nudged his daughter awake, and set her down on a gym mat pushed against the wall nearby. He kissed her forehead and whispered something to her, to which she nodded and laid down on her side on the mat, closing her eyes.

Yesung stood up straight and made his way to your side.

"Love of my life," He whispered in your ear, "Dance with me."

He took your hand and pulled you out to the dance floor.

You two were the only ones still dancing. There was no more music, but he pulled you close and softly hummed the tune of your wedding song in your ear. He swayed the two of you back and forth, back and forth until you felt like curling up and going to sleep as well. You nuzzled into his neck and kissed his jawline. You could feel the vibrations of his humming on your cheek.

You stood up straight and kissed his lips softly. "Yesung," You whispered.

"My beautiful ______?"

"Saranghae."

"Saranghae, my love."