Life

Life

*beep beep beep*

Another night I have survived. And I only wish to survive for as long as I should. I do not want be separated from this world even though I have no one beside me or to rely on, I only dream to discover more of this earth and living for only 24  years is not enough for me. I need more time. A lot more time.

“DAMN! It’s 6:30am already?”  Lee Jong Suk shouted “I need to stop thinking I’m normal and everyone in the university thinks the same therefore it’s true. Now to the shower and out of this dorm.”

“Jong Suk where are you? Did you over sleep? Well done now we are late!” Kim Woo Bin asked angrily.

“Sorry hyung I will be out in two minutes”

When Jong-Suk got out of the bathroom he saw Woo-Bin sitting on the bed lay back snoring.

“HYUNG! GET UP!”

At that moment Woo-Bin shot up grabbed his bag and ran to the door.

“Are you coming?” he questioned and Jong-Suk followed.

“By the way did you visit the hospital yesterday? What did the doctor say? Will you be alright?”

“Stop with questions I was going to tell you anyway. And yes I went and he said I have a severe-“

“Hey guys can you believe it I’m late once again!” exclaimed Aysha the cutest yet smartest yet annoying girl in our university.

“Hi” Jong-Suk blushed

“Hey” Woo-Bin waved “Thanks to Jong-Suk we are also late… brilliant.”

“Well at least we aren’t the only ones.” He glared at Woo-Bin then gazed at Aysha who avoided the gaze.

“Let’s get to our classes. I have Physics. What about you?”

“Physics” Jong-Suk replied.

“Physics.” Woo-Bin said with a dull voice.

The three walked slowly to their classes but as soon as the teacher was in sight they ran up the stairs to their class and stormed in, making every pair of eyes stare at the group, who went red with embarrassment.

“Uh-oh” they whispered in unison.

“Miss Choi, Mr Lee and Mr Kim late once again are we? You know what I don’t care about your lateness anymore.” the professor laughed “But you will. When I came to classroom I thought you three might be late so I put a table for only the three of you in the corner. Right there at the front.” He pointed and looked sternly at them. “Now everyone can see the ‘rebels’ you try to be.” The class laughed.

“We don’t try to be rebels we are naturally.” Aysha said with delight making the class laugh more at their stupidity and the professors shocked face.

“Ashoo shut up!” Woo-Bin said with clenched teeth.

“No! She is right.” Jong-Suk giggled and the two joined in.

 

It was now lunch and Aysha walked towards the library when Jong-Suk caught sight of her and ran to her holding her shoulder to come to a halt. Unfortunately he had startled her and received a punch in the stomach.

“Aaah! I am terribly sorry Jonggyy!” said Aysha.

Jong-Suk was holding his stomach in grief “no problem. And Jonggyy? That’s a first.”

“Hehe it just came out hehehe.” She replied.

Jong-Suk just ruffled her hair and started their way towards their destination. When they reached they chose some books and sat down on the floor.

“Want to listen to some music?” questioned Aysha.

“Sure.”

At that moment Aysha out one earphone piece into his ear and one in her own and went through her music list and put on a Big Bang song called Haru Haru. At that instance tear fell down Jong-Suk’s flawless face as he saw Aysha indulged in the book and listened to the ballad at the same time.

Aysha turned her head slightly to tell something to Jong-Suk and realised his eyes were b with tears.

“Hey what happened? Are you not feeling well? What’s wrong?” Aysha asked worried.

Suddenly Jong-Suk dived in for a kiss leaving Aysha to feel surprised and unsure. Slowly he pulled away with tears still welling up in his almond shaped eyes.

“I have cancer.”