Butterflies and Slurring

Violet Book

 

It was a sunny afternoon. Well, it's not that warm but the months were already entering autumn so that's normal. The trees were starting to drop their leaves and the green that we used to see was starting to brown now.

They were comfortly snuggling with each other when he noticed a violet book tucked under her pillows. He took the book and brought it to his lap.

"Well, well, Hyun Jae-ah, what do we got here?"

The girl shrieked and tried to take the book from him.

"Hmm, basing on your reaction, I bet this book is an interesting one?"

"No, please Doojoon-ah, don't open it."

"Too late now."

She tried to grab the book from his hands. But he hold the book on his hand so high, that even jumping couldn't help her reach her book.

"Doojoonie, please~~~~"

"Wow, that was some great aegyo you had, but that's not going to stop me from reading this!" He smirked.

The girl was whimpering, standing on her toes to grab the book from his hands.

"Let's see. Ah, this is a diary. Hyun Jae-ah, what have you write here that made you so persistent in taking this away from me?"

"There's nothing there! Please give it back to me."

"Shhh, I'm trying to read here."

She tried to jump a little higher. But those hands just won’t budge.

"'Nov 1st. I meet him again today. He was being surrounded by his fans, as always. I thought I was over jealousy but seeing him smiling like that is breaking my heart. *sigh* When will he realize my feelings?' Ya, I don't know that you were that crazy over me."

"That's not it! Come on, stop reading it!"

"No way. 'Nov 5th. He was smiling at me!!!! We were at the park with our friends, celebrating Yoseop's success, when suddenly he came to me and gave me a meat bun. He said I looked to skinny and force me to eat more. And all the time, he was smiling at me!!  Omo!! I'm having a seizure here!!' Hey, that's really tacky, you know?"

"I don't care. Put that book down!"

"Hmph. 'Nov 9th. He walked me home today. The festival was a huge hit but I didn't know that it would take a lot of time to clean all the mess. He said that it's dangerous for a girl to go home alone and offered to take me home. All the way home, we talked about a lot of things. I didn't know that he loves dogs! Too bad I never had one. My sister was allergic to dog :( I bet it would be a lot of fun if I can talk to him more about dogs.' Hold on, I like dogs but not that much. You sure picked funny details."

Seeing that her attempt was in vain, the girl stopped her effort and put down her hands. She tried to go back to her couch but he hold her wrist and put her hand on his chest.

"Don't go. We still have to read the best part. There it is. 'Dec 3rd. It was snowing heavily today. But I don't mind at all. This was the best day of my life. NO! The bestest day of my life. Well, I was sitting on the library when suddenly he came to me. He said there's an urgent matter and I need to go with him, immediately. I followed him to the auditorium. It was so dark. Suddenly I felt someone was hugging me, and then he said that he like me. He had like me for a very long time!! I cannot believe my ears. How could the handsome Lee Kikwang like me?' Wait! WHAT?? KIKWANG?? How could he said he like you?? You're my girl!! YA! Are you cheating on me?"

"No."

"So, explain to me, why there is a story of Kikwang confessing to you on your diary?"

"Pabo, that's not my diary! That's Hyosung's."

It's clear that he was surprised. No, he was shocked. No, he was relieved.

"So, this is not yours?"

"Yup."

"Then why do you try so much to take this from me?"

"Well, it's my friend's diary. Surely she didn't want anyone to read it, including you."

"Hehe, I'm sorry."

"Well, I'm not going to tell her that my reckless boyfriend read her diary because he couldn't trust me."

"I trusted you. I always trust you."

"But you looked really angry when you read Kikwang's name on it."

"Of course I'm angry! There's no way I will let you go with other guy."

"Even if it's Kikwang?"

"Especially Kikwang! He already has Hyosung. I'm going to break his skull if he dares to make her cry."

"Aww, can I feel jealous?"

"No, you can't. You know I only got my eyes on you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, really. I assure you now that you shouldn’t even have the tiniest worry about me turning my back on you. I’m telling you know, you’re the one that hold the knob to my heart. Others may have the keys. Yeah, I gave some of the keys to my family and friends, but you’re the only person who can hold the knob. You have every privileges to enter my heart and make its inside a complete mess. I don’t care what you are going to do inside. You can do whatever you want. Just promise me, that you’re going to stay inside. Always.”

“Hey, who’s the tacky one now?”

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yes, because you gave me butterflies. And according to what I know, only girls experienced butterflies. Men had some heartburn or flipped-stomach. But you gave me butterflies. So that made you a tacky one.”

“Aigoo. You’re slurring now. Come on, let’s go back to bed. Your fever is up again.”

“I’m not sick!”

“Yes, you are!”

“Fine! I’m a lovesick. And only you can cure me.”

“Shut up, Yoon Doojoon. You know I can’t handle sappy lines.”

“No, you can’t. But you love it.”

“Whatever. Are we going back to bed now?”

“Kiss me now.”

“After giving me a knob, you’re going to give me your fever too?”

“Yes! I’m a generous boyfriend.”

“It’s a good thing I love you too much. Okay, let’s go to bed now.”