Losing You

Your Lost

Silence filled the air as the drive home from work was dreadfully awkward and quiet. I know what I was angry about, but I didn't have the slightest idea what Kris was angry about. Was it the fact that I turned to his bestfriend for help instead of him? 

Well the person who have the right to be angry is me. Kris is always like this. Everytime I wanted to talk to him, he is always on the phone or out. Either he's out for business or meeting up with his friends, I wouldn't know because he will never tell me. We don't communicate anymore.

When we first got together, this kinds of things don't happen that often. He will always let me know where he'll be or he'll tell me about his day. We wouldn't stop talking even if our life depended on it. I think it's safe to say that we were like two peas in a pod. But that was back then. Back when I could actually talk to him and not to his voicemail or back when I could eat dinner with him and not stare at the empty spot on the opposite side of the dinning table. Maybe he grew sick of me already. He never showed me the slightest of affection anymore. 

Was it because of work, that he became this workaholic monster? 

Is he cheating on me? 

Or did he grew bored of me? 

Questions filled my head which led to a frown on my face. I didn't know what to think anymore. 

We both made our way to the living room the moment we entered our apartment. I kicked off my shoes to the side, while Kris just walked in the apartment without taking his shoes off, like as if he was preparing for something bad to happen. I slammed myself on the sofa, not saying a single word, I folded my arms and sat quietly on the sofa. Kris made his way to the dinning table and pulled out a chair for him to sit. 

We just sat quietly at our position for a few minutes until I decided to break the silence. I turned to him and scowled. 

"I don't see how is it my fault that I consulted your bestfriend instead of your answering machine.." I said sarcasticly and rolled my eyes at him.

"Ok, you and I both know that wasn't fair.. I was busy with work, while you just prance around the office like a 9 year old!" He yelled back at me.

"Babe, you are always and will forever be busy with work!! And didn't i tell you that it was a bad idea for me to work in the same office with you, but no, you refuse to let me work somewhere else" I scoffed.  

"Its because I want to keep an eye on you! I don't want any other guys looking at you when I'm not around. You should be grateful that you are able to work with me." 

I got off the sofa and made my way to him. 

"Excuse me?! Did you just say that I should be grateful to work with you?" 

He looked up to me with that of a face and said..

"Well yes. You should be grateful" 

Okay, this is the last straw. I can't take it anymore! He's being his selfish self again. I thought

"The only thing I'm grateful about is having to talk to your bestfriend when I needed someone to talk to and that he actually listens"

He kept quiet. Seeing that he won't say anything anymore, I continued voicing out my feelings that were built up inside me for quite a long time. 

"Kris, I am sick and tired of having to come home alone. Sleeping on a bed with an empty spot beside me. I am sick of the relationship I have with your answering machine. I am sick of eating alone at home. I am sick of not talking to you like we used to. What happen to you Kris? How did you become this monster? Do you even care about how I feel?.." 

"Babe, I -" 

"Let me finish, I have always been there for you Kris. I listen to your problems even when I was busy with work. I took the time to actually sit down with you and calmed you down when you got angry. I even cancelled my meetings just so I could meet up with you when you asked me to. Doesn't that show how much I love and care about you? Was asking you to be there for me, so hard for you?! When was the last time you told me you love me,huh? When was the last time we went for a date or a vacation?" 

Tears started to well up and I felt as if there was something stuck in my throat causing difficulties for me to speak. 

"Babe!" Kris snapped

"I do care about you! I just don't want anything bad to happen to you. That's why I wanted you to work with me.. And on top of that, only I get to decide the activities we do, since I have the money and supposely the time, if you would just stop acting like a child" He paused as he tried to think of what to say. Great, more excuses, I thought to myself. 

"You should understand that I am the CEO of the company, and I need all of my energy and mind for this company. I can't just drop everything just so I could come running to you when you need comfort. It's so childish. I have no time for that type things!" He snapped. 

I was taken aback with Kris's words and I could feel tears rolling down my cheek. I couldn't believe those words that is coming out from his mouth, "Where is my Kris and what did you do to him? You are not the man I fell in love with.." I murmured.

"For once in your life Kris, can you not be so self righteous and just think about things that matter in life other than thinking about yourself" I said before I wiped my tears. Soon after, I grabbed my jacket and shoes and ran out of the apartment. If there was anywhere I wanted to be, it sure wasn't in the apartment with that monster. I kept running and didn't look back. I could hear Kris's voice telling me to stop and come back. He ran after me the moment I started running. I didn't stop, and I don't want to. I ran as fast as I can, to make it impossible for him to catch up. 

 

I came to a halt when I hear a honking of a truck, as it was heading towards me in a speed of lightning. The truck hit me and I flew across the street. 

"you!! NO!! OH GOD NO!" Kris ran up to you. You were already lying on the ground and couldn't move due to the strong impact. He knelt down, pick you up and held you in his arms, despite having blood stains all over his white shirt. He couldn't care less. Tears well up his eyes. "you! Please don't die on me now. Please! Stay with me!! Don't leave me you!" He pleaded. Your pulse was about to shut down, but you manage to say your very last words to him. He leaned closer to hear what you were about to say.

"Kris..... I Love You......"

With every breath and strength you have left, you his cheeks and looked him in the eyes while you say those 3 words to him. With that, your body system shut down. That was your last moments with Kris. Kris hugged your body tightly and cried. The sound of him sobbing was laud enough to mute the sound of his surroundings. He refuses to let go of you when the ambulance came to get your body. He pleaded to them not to take you away from him. Kris was too weak now to protest as two of the cops restrained him and he saw them take your body away. He went down on his knees and continued crying.. He punched the ground until his knuckles bleed. He watched the ambulance drive away with your body in despair. All he could say was "I should have treated her better...." 

 

The End~

 

 

 


 

Well, that's it for this fanfic. I hope you like it :) 

Thank you for reading!

And do comment on this fic. I really want to know what you think about this story.