Sulking

Wanna dance?


Junsu was still on the same spot when the first song ended. People dancing around eyed him suspiciously, maybe thinking he was drunk or plain stupid.
Well, he knew he was stupid. An imbecile.
Finally waking up, Junsu walked fast in the same direction Changmin had disappeared to. He had to talk with him, he needed to. The guy had tried to kiss him, hadn’t he? He didn’t imagine that, right? Why? Junsu needed to know why.
He needed to know if he had just thrown out the window the chance to date Shin Changmin or if he had done the right thing and had just refused to be the flavour for one song.
Much as he wanted to find out what it was like to be kissed, much as he longed to have a boyfriend; one thing he knew for sure: he didn’t want to be used and discarded.
Junsu knew he was already too shy and insecure. Something like that would damage what little confidence he had.
A small hope gave speed to his steps. If Changmin had noticed him a little and maybe wanted to consider dating, liked him even, then perhaps if they met again they could talk. And outside, with no loud music, would be just perfect.
Junsu was nervous but he was almost smiling as he arrived outside and eagerly searched for Changmin’s tall frame. Now, where is that tall drink of water?
Junsu walked all over the place, even going as far as asking some familiar faces if they had seen Changmin but to no avail. The tall teenager had disappeared completely.
Junsu felt defeated, he wanted to scream out loud, he wanted to kick and punch something, he wanted to cry. Now, not only he had made a fool of himself in front of Changmin, he would also have no way to ever figure out what it was that he had screwed up.
He couldn’t imagine that the guy would try talking with him again. After all, they had never talked before. A random hello or some sentences in a big group didn’t count as talking with someone.
Junsu felt sad and dispirited.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1OX_2RDeWmyRwToH_Ps7

He hadn’t been having much fun before but now he just didn’t have any hope or mood to even try anymore. The pouting boy almost went home without saying goodbye to his friends. Junsu looked around him trying to make up his mind. He feared that he might actually cry if he left just now, so he went back inside to hang out a little more.

...

Yunho was nowhere to be seen. That didn’t surprise Junsu. It was obvious the older guy had gone with his girlfriend to somewhere more private.
Jaejoong was dancing with a stunning girl who kept trying to look at him under her eyelashes.
Junsu sighed. He could just hear his friend complaining about how that girl was easy and cheap and had no class. And Jaejoong would surely find some fault with her looks and body.
Junsu studied her for a while. There was nothing wrong with the girl, quite the contrary. Also he recognised her body language, the girl was shy and feeling happy to be in Jaejoong’s arms. A guy that would just mercilessly break her heart if she tried too much.
Junsu sighed again and turned away from them.
He would never understand Jaejoong. Either the guy had impossible standards because he thought too highly of himself and his good looks or, and this had crossed his mind several times, Jaejoong didn’t like girls and was in denial or still hadn’t realised it himself.
Junsu found Yoochun easily. His best friend was still sitting in the same spot, obviously watching Jaejoong with a crying heart.
Yoochun pretended not to notice how Junsu shook his head at him as he approached.

-Hi, Su. Where were you?

-Outside, catching air. Do you want to leave?

Yoochun looked in Jaejoong’s direction with a hurt look. The gorgeous teen was in the middle of a heavy make out session with some pretty girl.
Deciding he could use without the show he already had seen multiple times, Yoochun nodded and got up.

-Let’s get out of here.

...


The two friends walked away in silence.

Untitled56

Both were too lost in their own thoughts. Their steps led them to the usual bus stop.
Reaching the bench, Junsu sat down, his elbows on his knees, his head studying the pavement, his entire body posture looking tired and depressed.
Yoochun was so hurt by Jaejooong’s behaviour that he had yet to notice that Junsu was sad too. In fact, the older boy was just relieved that his friend wasn’t saying anything.
Yoochun was tired of knowing that Jaejoong didn’t saw him as anything else other than a friend. Still he couldn’t help the way he felt for the guy. And he really didn’t want Junsu bugging his ears about it, telling him that he should move on.

...


As the two friends sat dejectedly on the bus stop, each one too lost in his own thoughts, a familiar face approached on the bus stop directly opposite theirs.
It was the guy who Junsu usually checked out.
The older man, in his work suit, recognised the two friends with a small smile and straightened, standing taller.
He waited for the usual game of stares with the boy across the road to start.

top_sbsgayo2012_15_1

At first he had been unsure the first times he noticed the shy looks the teenage gave him. However, the teen’s stares grew bolder and it became a mutual game while they both waited for their buses.
Choi Seung-hyun waited.
And waited.
And in the end just stared puzzled and surprised at the boy who should already be playing coy with him. But that boy was studying the floor with the saddest face he had ever seen.
Seung-hyun checked his watch. He had the time.

tumblr_mu2ph5yW1S1sjuvlwo1_500.gif

Yoochun sighed again and happened to lift his eyes up.
He chuckled to notice the guy Junsu played flirt games with staring in his friend’s direction.
Turning to tease Junsu, Yoochun finally noticed that the other teen was apparently feeling even worse than he was.

-Junsu, what is it?

Junsu lifted his eyes to meet Yoochun’s worried ones. He massaged his neck and looked around before returning to stare at the floor.

-Nothing.

-Nothing? Mr. y Eyes is right there waiting for you to look his way and you are staring at the floor instead.

Junsu kept his face down. Yoochun pushed his upper arm.

-Nothing, Chunnie. I’m just bored.

-When you’re bored, you can make that older guy over there nearly blush. Come on, I know I wasn’t good company tonight but you can count on me.

-I don’t want to talk now, ok? I’ll tell you later.

-Ok, but you are going to tell me. You understand me?

The two friends were too absorbed in their talk to notice how a third person had just joined them at the bus stop.

-Hi.

Yoochun jumped and when he turned his mouth fell open in surprise.
He couldn’t believe it. He always teased Junsu that one day this would happen. And it did happen. It finally happened.
Yoochun sneaked a look at Junsu and actually fully turned his head when he realised that the teen still had his eyes looking down at the pavement.
Not very discreetly, Yoochun nudged Junsu hard on his ribs.

-Ouch! What? Yoochun I already told…

Junsu’s words died in his throat the second he lifted his head up and his eyes found a smiling pair of eyes above Yoochun’s head.

-Hi there.

-Huh…

-Both our buses are still a few minutes away. Time enough for a coffee. Do you guys want to join me?

The question was directed at both of them, however, none of them had any problem knowing that the older guy was talking to Junsu only.
The guy’s eyes were glued to the teenager’s face, never breaking eye contact since the second he had secured his attention on him.
Junsu actually swallowed, staring in disbelief.

Untitledsd

His heart started beating like mad. No way!
This guy was never supposed to approach him. That was the only reason Junsu felt so comfortable checking the man in the first place.
What the hell was happening today? Were all the gods playing with him? Why were there men raining down on him?