Ugly

Ugly

“Her bare face is so unpleasant!”

 

“Why are you watching that?”

 

Nana looks up to see a frowning Lizzy eyeing the television contemptuously behind the couch.  She volumes down the talk show with the remote and shifts to the side to make room for Lizzy, but the younger girl ends up picking Nana’s lap as her seat instead.

 

“Yah, are you going to take advantage of every opportunity to insult my bare face?”  Nana pouts, arms encircling Lizzy’s waist.

 

“Yep. Not like it’s any of their businesses,” Lizzy huffs, “why are they all so interested anyway?”

 

Nana chuckles softly as she rests her head on the shorter girl’s shoulder, “are you jealous?”

 

“No!” Lizzy scoffs and shoots Nana a glare.

 

“Hmm,” Nana snuggles closer to the blonde (the TV program playing in the background long forgotten) and affirms her own question, “you’re jealous.”

 

“You’re ridiculous,” Lizzy huffs, “just like those stupid questions.”

 

“I’m the not the one trying to ruin a group member’s image,” Nana teases.

 

Lizzy pulls back from Nana, enough to look her in the eyes, and pushes until the older girl’s back is against the couch.

 

“There are just some states of you that are exclusive to only me, okay?” Lizzy murmurs shyly.

 

She’s so close, Nana could feel the warmth of her breath and count the lashes on her eyes.  Even in the dim lighting, Nana could see the rosy tint on Lizzy’s cheeks as she stares intently at the older girl.

 

Nana smiles, pulling Lizzy closer, “okay,” and seals the deal with a kiss.