Lazy people don't do math.

Lazy people don't do math.

Min Yoongi takes a lazy look at the class he's in. This is his first year back at school since he had to leave for personal matters and he is two years behind in class, catching up on what he missed. Girls don't really talk to him. Some of them find him intimidating and avoid him, and he overheard that the ones that are not scared of him think he is "boyfriend material" and is always receiving silly pink heart-shaped cards with messy love confessions on them. He always declines the offer with an apology, he has told them to stop, but they still go around him all the time. He tries to be polite, but he is quite sure that some day he will have enough of that and will be screaming at the next girl that shyly confesses to him.
Guys? They all hate him for driving all the girls crazy. Except of Park Jimin, who sits next to him in class.

He's trying his best to stay awake in history class. Not that he doesn't like it, but he's tired and this is the... twelfth? maybe fifteenth yawn he tries to supress, fighting his eyes that want to close to drive him into a sweet slumber. The bell ring sounds in the exact moment he decides that maybe he can nap and nobody will notice. There goes Min Yoongi's nap plan...
            -There is only one thing I hate more than literature, and it is wasting an hour doing nothing -Jimin sighs, closing his book carefully as he watches Yoongi stretch.
            -Why are you saying that?
            -I see you were paying a lot of attention to our marvelous history teacher. He said our literature teacher is sick, she's not coming today. We have a free hour to waste it doing nothing.
            -I see -Yoongi murmurs and then finally yawns- so I can nap?
Jimin raises an eyebrow.
            -No. We are going to compare our math homework results like we do every day -he says in a singing voice.
            -Actually...
            -Hyung! Don't tell me you forgot to do your homework again! -Yoongi groans when Jimin quickly takes his math book and searches for the last page. He smiles slightly when he finds it. It is a wrinkled mess full of badly erased numbers. Jimin remembers the last time his classmate got frustrated over a math problem and ended up throwing the book to the floor with an "I am lazy, lazy people don't do math" statement and smiles to himself once again.
            -What is so funny about it? -Yoongi stares at him without moving, too tired to fight him to give him back his book. He notices how Jimin's cheeks get pink at the same time the last student gets out of the classroom.
            -Nothing -he tries not to stutter and gives the book back to his owner.- Do you want me to explain what you have to do? You know you are going to fail if the teacher checks and you didn't do it.
            -Why won't you write it yourself? -Yoongi whines as he lightly pushes the book in Jimin's direction. Then yawns again. Jimin remains silent, looking at him with a frown.- Okay, okay I will listen...
Jimin laughs with that annoying high pitched voice that Yoongi secretly likes a lot more than he should. It makes him smile every time but Jimin never notices.

The youngest reads the problem two times, trying to figure out how to explain it. He is definitely not good at math, but if it was a sinking boat, he would be the one able to not drown and survive. Yoongi would be too lazy to swim and would quickly give up.

 

Jimin's voice floats on the empty classroom, the sound of the pen writing numbers on a paper as the only thing that accompanies his words. He is focused on the problem, doing it again from the start and explaining it to Yoongi without a pause, believing he's following his steps or just paying attention.
            -Got it, hyung?
He was so focused that he notices Yoongi is fast asleep only when he finishes the problem. His right cheek pressed on the book, face to Jimin's direction and an arm stretched on the table with his hand hanging out of it. That is all Jimin should notice if Yoongi was a normal friend for him. He tries to make Yoongi just a normal friend... but he fails and lets his eyes watch and enjoy the beautiful sight of the brownish hair that would be so soft under his touch reflecting the morning sun that enters the window. Black eye lashes that make contrast with the white and smooth skin of his hyung's face, followed by that nose he finds so cute. He tries to not stare at the pink, soft lips for too long. He is not strong enough to take his eyes off the guy that looks so peaceful, lips slightly parted to allow in the air that fills his lungs and slowly moves his chest. He would be happy if he could understand things like why Yoongi had to leave school for two years, why does he look tired and sleepy all the time or why his dark brown eyes are surrounded by dark circles some times.

Carefully, he takes the book from under Yoongi's face, thanking God he is a heavy sleeper, and starts writing on the messed up page. Trying to make his handwriting clear, he finishes with the numbers and takes out a post-it note to write down a short explanation on how to solve the problem, glues it at the bottom of the page and slowly closes the book, placing it next to Yoongi's head.

 

Jimin rests his head on the table in the same position his hyung's is to allow himself to watch a little longer. A little closer, maybe. This is as close as he will ever be to Min Yoongi and he wonders why does it make him sad. But he is able to hear Yoongi's steady breathe and it calms him. Suddenly, his head feels weird and his eyelids heavy.

And so he falls asleep.