Class 9

The Beau and The Belle [EDITTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            It was already break time and as usual, the café was full with students. EunChae did not have any heart to go to the garden again since her last encounter with ChanHee. She preferred to sit in the café and read her book. She did not want to eat during the break because she would find herself sleepy for the next class. Her best friend, MinJi would sometimes join her to study but most of the time she would go to the café. EunChae put down her book when she realised that the café became noisier than before. Her eyes wandered around to search for MinJi who went to buy her food. She then glanced at a group of girl who was sitting beside her. They were busy gossiping that they did not realise that EunChae was reading her book.

            “Hey, have you heard about the most shocking news of the day?” said one of them, gaining her two other friend’s attention.

            “Is there any shocking news today?”

            “Is it more shocking than YeoReum and ByungHun’s news?” Her two other friends asked and the first girl pursed her lips. EunChae did not want to care about what they were talking about but the next sentence from the girl made her ears jerked up.

            “Well, it’s about the international Casanova, Lee ChanHee.”

            “Whoa. What’s up with him?” Her other friend asked. EunChae silently scooted closer to hear the girls and removed her hairs that was covering her ears. It had been a week since the last time she met ChanHee. That boy seemed to be gone from her sight and she was just wondering what was happening to him lately.

            “He’s different now. He does not flirt with other girls anymore. I don’t know if he was possessed or sick but his classmates said that he is working hard in his study lately. He even asked for MinWoo’s help to tutor him.” The first girl told both of her friends and shoved a spoon of rice into . She could see that her friend’s eyes widened when they heard the news. However, she did not notice that EunChae was more surprised than her friends.

            “He doesn’t flirt anymore? Whoa! That means I still have a chance to be his girlfriend. You know that I have a crush on him, right?” The second girl blinked her dreamy eyes and the third girl just rolled her eyes.

            “Tsk, is that all? Well, I think if he and MinSoo get along again it will be more shocking right?” She said. The first girl pouted and EunChae frowned. She never knew something was going on between ChanHee and MinSoo.

            “You’re right. I wonder what the reason that both of them become enemy is.” The first girl said and with that the third girl leaned towards the table.

            “I heard that both of them were fighting over a girl. That girl was ChanHee’s girlfriend at the start but she loved MinSoo. MinSoo loved her too and when ChanHee knew about it, he grew furious and fought with MinSoo. The three of them actually were best friends. Back to the story, the girl wanted to stop both of them but she was pushed and was hit by a car.” The third girl told, leaving her two friends in frown while EunChae gasped a little when she heard that. MinSoo never told her anything about him and ChanHee.

            “That’s tragic!” The second girl cried.

            “Yeah. Since that, ChanHee never talk to MinSoo. He became a playboy because he wants to forget his dead girlfriend.” The third girl continued.

            “But I’m sure that he could not forget his girlfriend yet.” The first girl said and her two friends just nodded. Three of them continued to eat and not to forget, started to gossip about other person. EunChae bit her lips and decided to leave the café. She left a note for MinJi and walked off the café. Her mind was full with what she heard just now. She walked and walked until she noticed someone at the garden she used to be at during the break. It was ChanHee and he was reading his book, alone. EunChae cleared and approached him slowly. ChanHee who was reading his book looked up when he felt her presence.

            “What do you want?” ChanHee asked and there was no smile forming on his lips. His look was cold and his face was expressionless. EunChae hesitated to talk to him and wanted to go back to her class but then what she just knew at the café entered her mind. She could not help but to feel curious about it.

            “Can I sit here?” EunChae asked and ChanHee nodded. He continued to read his book and ignored her. EunChae sat in front of him and just stared at him. In her mind, she was wondering whether it was because of her that ChanHee had changed. ChanHee noticed that EunChae was looking at him hence he turned to his side and eyed EunChae.

            “What are you looking at?” He asked and EunChae was a bit startled. She looked at the book he was holding right now and saw some scribble on it. She knew the question. It was the one she did a day before in her class and from what she saw, ChanHee was having some problem with that question.

            “Do you want me to help you with it? It’s Mathematics, right?” EunChae asked, a bit awkward. Of course she was awkward. All these while she had been cold towards him and always rejected him but today, she was being kind hearted and soft towards him when he was cold towards her. ChanHee did not answer her and just nodded instead. EunChae flashed an awkward smile.

            “Sit here, beside me.” ChanHee said coldly. His eyes never left EunChae. EunChae nodded and moved to sit beside him but her movement was really slow. After a few moments, she settled down beside him and he pushed the book in front of her.

            “Teach me this.” ChanHee showed her the question he was having problem with. EunChae nodded and read the question. After she understood the question, she took the pencil from ChanHee’s hand and started to teach him. ChanHee listened to every single word from and paid a full attention on her. He blinked and nodded when he understood what she was teaching. After ChanHee fully understood the topic, EunChae smiled in satisfaction and put down the pencil.

            “Anything else?” EunChae asked and ChanHee stared at her. EunChae innocently stared back at him and after a moment, he started to speak up.

            “Stay here.”

            “Huh?”

            “Stay here. Don’t go anywhere.” ChanHee said and EunChae was flustered.

            “But…” Her tongue froze when his hand touched her hand, warmly. He then intertwined their fingers and held it tight in his.

            “Stay here.” ChanHee said once again before he continued with his study. EunChae gulped and she could feel her heart was thumping hard due to the nervousness. She looked at ChanHee who was too immersed in what he was reading. She did not know how ChanHee could focus on what he was reading when he was currently holding her hand tightly. EunChae bit her lips and wondered alone. Is it because of me that he changed?

            School time was already over and it was a typical Friday that the students went home earlier than other days. The school compound was almost empty when JongHyun and his girlfriend, YeoReum reached the photography room. YeoReum had promised JongHyun to accompany him to finish up his assignment since she had been neglecting her boyfriend this past few days. Being a girlfriend of a son of a famous photographer, YeoReum had joined JongHyun in his personal studio and also the photography room of the school. She already knew where JongHyun kept his master piec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter