1

Team Wolf's Competition ^0^

"I believe you can do it, ok? Team Wolf is strong! You will make it into finals, don't worry. Good luck though," Suho smiled.

"Yes sir!" The eleven boys yelled in unison. Suho left them. He was the official of this year's Campcraft Competition, and he was going to be in charge of Team Wolf's lot. He walked quickly back to the officials' tent.

"Hyung, I'm scared. What if we don't finish the competition on time? We always complete it two minutes after the given time. Will we make it to finals?" Chen trembled as he held on to his senior Xiumin's forearm. XiuMin hugged him awkwardly as Kyungsoo patted his head.

"We'll be ok, Chen Chen. As long as we know we've tried our best it's ok," everyone started to comfort Chen. Everyone except Kris.

"Bah, we're better than other schools. No worry. We can do it cos we're hot- so burning hot we'll melt the pegs just by looking at them. And then we won't need to pitch," Kris exclaimed, flipping his hair into a shorter, darker male's eyes. Tao punches him hard as he rubbed at his stinging eyes. Kris growled at him in warming before putting his hand round his shoulders. "Cheer?" He suggested.

The eleven boys crowded into a circle and their Team leader, Chanyeol, started to count down for them to start together. As they cheered loudly, they felt themselves lose tension and relax. At the end of it, they were all laughing and joking with each other. They sat down in a circle and started to tell ghost stories even though it was bright daylight and noisy.

"And as the ghost opened another shower curtain, it said, 'One more', and my mum's friend immediately ran out of the toilet. When she did, the ghost yelled, 'Hey! Where'd you go?!'" Chen cackled after telling his story. Luhan shrieked and clung to Sehun and hid in his neck. Tao immediately started crying. "I don't want to listen anymore!" Tao exclaimed as Kris softly whacked his back in "comfort".

Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun to the bathroom as soon as Chen's story ended. Kris took Tao and followed them; what they did during the five minutes they spent in there remained a mystery to the rest. When they came back though, Tao was calm and had stopped crying. The eleven of them then started playing games as a team.

"I dare you to smile at Suho sir when you see him. Like, the kind of happy-go-lucky smile," Luhan told Sehun. Sehun froze. He wasn't good at those kind of smiles, and Luhan definitely knew that. But since it was a dare, he had to do it. He reminded himself to do so later when he saw their Suho sir.

"Team Wolf, it's almost time. We have to go register first. Drink up, go pee, and then we'll go register," Chanyeol boomed suddenly halfway through the game of truth or dare. Immediately, everyone panicked again as they did as they were told. Their self-confidence decreased greatly when they saw one of their stronger opponents register. Team Big7. They were a conjoined group of its own school's two best teams, where 7 came from the previous competition's Team GOT7, and 4 from the other Team BigBang. They were rough, ruthless, strong an just plain irresistible. Their pretty faces and loud y voices were enough to guarantee the group at least the top ten positions. It was distracting even to the other straight people.

Team Wolf made their way to the registration area with their hearts in their mouths. The reserves, Sehun & Luhan, stood behind the main members and quietly bickered over which of the Big7 members was the cutest. Chanyeol stood at the front with Baekhyun, leading the group to the main hall where they'd first gather before heading down to the warzone (or merely the pitching area).

"I expect there to be absolutely no cheating, and if you are hurt immediately tell the In-Charge of your pitching lot. Is that clear? Because in half a minute, you will start heading down. I wish each of you the best of luck," Suho raised his voice, and the mention of best if luck smiled secretly at Team Wolf. "And teams you may start making your way down in order of those nearest to the door."

Cheers echoed throughout the hall along with well wishes of luck. The teams made their way out of the dimly-lit air-conditioned hall into the bright hot sunshine of the day. As the eleven members of Team Wolf ran past their Suho sir, they received well wishes and high fives from the latter. Suho had faith in them in winning the competition despite their problems. Almost everyone was really great at their job. It just so happened that the original reserve, Kris, took over Sehun's spot as pegger because Sehun had hurt his arm.

At the lot, Sehun and Luhan sat by the officials'  tentage area while the rest warmed up by the entrance of their pitching lot. They were to start in 3, 2, 1...

Suho blasted the horn that indicated the start of their ten minutes to finish up the competition. Everyone started running and grabbing their materials to start pitching.

"Kris, tilt your pole towards your left!" Kyungsoo yelled as he struggled to fix the  vertical pole on his horizontal pole. Kris shrieked in response as he did as he was told. XiuMin and Tao threw the inner tent sheet over the horizontal pole while yelling at each other to "hurry up and start pegging the inner sheet pegs". When they were done, XiuMin and Kris let go of the horizontal poles and marveled for a split second at how sturdy the half-completed tent was. Immediately grabbing two pegs each, they started to peg the middle guy lines.

XiuMin, Tao and Kyungsoo were done with their pegging and were moving on to tie the outer sheets. Kris panicked and tried to peg faster. He glanced at the flagstaff area. Baekhyun was tying the lashings to the long wooden spars as quickly and as tightly as possible. Kai was fiddling expertly with one end with a long twine, obviously humming as always under his breath. Chanyeol was pegging the flagstaff pegs hard and fast. Much faster than Kris, to be exact.

"Five minutes! Kris hurry up! Are you done?!" Kyungsoo yelled as he started tying Kris and his bowline to the outer sheet corners.

"No! No oh my god no I can't do this!" Kris slowed his rate. He looked over helplessly at his favorite member of the team who was busy doing other things. "Tao, help me do this! I can't!" XiuMin, being the fastest pegger in the group, ran to take over Kris's halfway pegged peg. Tao merely ignored Kris and continued tying the middle inner guy line. Kris ran to his corner to start tying. XiuMin took a deep breath, and 3, 2, 1- the peg was in the ground perfectly. Sehun and Luhan hooted and laughed from where they were sitting.

"Kris hyung. XiuMin hyung is downright shorter, and Kris hyung always bullied him over his height, but..." Luhan and Sehun collapsed in fits of laughter.

Chen and Lay glared for a millisecond and the laughing reserves before continuing with their gadget. It was supposed to be a shoe rack, but as of now it looked more of like a box's skeleton. It was still boring for now.

"Chen, pass me the dowel pole," Lay frowned as he started to tie a square lashing. Chen threw it beside him as he tied other knots to stabilize the show rack. Lay sighed. They were done. The gadget was complete, creative and stable. They brushed off the grass on their pants before rushing to help the rest.

"Everyone got their corner?" Kyungsoo yelled.
"Yes!" Tao, Kris and XiuMin yelled back in unison.
"Exactly three minutes left, 1 2 pull!" Kyungsoo yelled and at the command to pull, the four boys pulled at the tent sheet and twine.

"Kyungsoo and Tao, pull harder! Ok you can tie it!" Chen and Lay yelled as they started to take pegs to peg the outer middle guy line. When all six were done, Chanyeol started to call for XiuMin and Kris to come over to help with the flagstaff.

"Kris, hold the flagstaff here. This point. XiuMin take this rope and go there. Baek take this the other rope and go there," Chanyeol snapped orders as he passed the ropes to the other two and helped Kris pull the pole horizontal to the ground. They quickly tied their slipknots and at the count of three, they pulled the rope together. Kris shrieked as he hugged the pole tighter so it wouldn't slip. Tao snickered at the sound as he carefully checked the tent alignments.

"Last minute left!" Kyungsoo let out a high-pitched girly shriek as Suho blasted the horn for a second. Suddenly, all the teams seemed to zoom faster than humanly possible. Sensing the change in the tension, XiuMin shuddered before straightening out the ground sheet properly. Kyungsoo cut off the excess twine and tightened their knots from both the tent and shoe rack. He glanced at his watch and squeaked, "Fifty seconds! The flag!"

Baekhyun shrieked as he tied the flag to the long rope Kai had tied earlier.

"Hunnie, they're gonna raise the flag!" Luhan squealed as he playfully swatted at the younger's forearms. Sehun grinned widely and pulled the both of them to their feet. "At ease, Hannie" Sehun murmured into the younger's ears. They both relaxed and stood at ease until they heard Chanyeol's booming voice.

"Team Wolf, attention!" Chanyeol raised his voice and when they stood at attention, he raised their flag as fast as possible. They stood at ease when it reached the top, and when Chanyeol started tying the rope into place, they immediately ran off to continue on their jobs. Kris checked the pegs with Tao, all the while nagging at him quietly. Tao took it all in in silence. He'd hit Kris back later anyway, after the competition.

"Last five seconds! Get out now!" Kyungsoo yelled as he stepped out of the lot. Everyone else stepped out a millisecond before Suho blasted the last horn, the longest, most meaningful one. It was over.

All 11 members of Team Wolf stood together outside the lot as they admired their hard work. They all patted each other on the back, congratulating an comforting one another. Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun tightly.

"Baek-by we did it!" Chanyeol shrieked as he jumped up and down while still hugging him. Baekhyun laughed and hugged him back. Beside them, Kai had enveloped Kyungsoo into a one-hand hug as they watched the flag flutter in the air peacefully. He rested his chin on his head. Not far from them, Chen was high-fiving XiuMin. Sehun and Luhan however were galloping rounds around their lot in glee. Lay however was deeply engrossed in a conversation with Suho, blushing hard and smiling shyly. They all didn't notice the bickering couple nearby.

"How could you ignore me, Tao? I needed help!" Kris whined.
"I have my own job to do! XiuMin hyung helped you anyway!" Tao rolled his eyes.
"But you're my Superman!" Kris tugged at Tao's sleeve. Tao glared at him, blushing a bright pink.
"Yes, but Louis Lane has to learn how to save herself!" Tao insisted as he rubbed at his hot cheeks.
"But-but-"
"In the end, we finished it. Be happy Kris. We're ok. We did fine," Tao insisted as he squeezed the taller into a bone-crushing hug.

"Hyungs! Look!" Luhan whispered loudly. He pointed at the lot beside them with pride. Team Big7's tent and gadget were absolutely perfect, but their flagstaff was a mess. It was neither horizontal nor complete. They crowded together as a team and did a group hug. Their competition was over, they were happy and satisfied.