Valentine Snow

Valentine Snow

“How many times do I need to repeat it, Sunny? Jessica has a flu, you can't see her right now!”

“But Mrs Jung...Today is-”

“I said no, Sunny. I don't want you to get sick too.”

“But you can do it, you! To nurse her and all..” The younger girl protests, squirming her body like a child who can't play with its favorite toy.

“Sunny...” Jessica's mother hisses in a threatening tone.

Gulp. Sunny stays silent, turning her gaze from Mrs Jung's, recognizing very well this glare.

'Now I know where comes Jessica's scary eyes.' Sunny thinks, biting her lower lip with a thoughtful expression.

Jessica's mother sighs softly, 'Such a kid...' while putting her hand on Sunny's shoulder.

“I know which day we are Sunny but I don't think she'll like it if you see her in this state.” The old woman insists, squeezing the young girl's shoulder to comfort her.

The short girl looks down, pouting cutely her lips which inwardly melts Mrs Jung who keeps however, a calm expression. She's surprised when Sunny raises her head, a determined look on her face, finger pointed at her.

“I'm sure she's still pretty even when she's sick.” She affirmes with a convinced look and a nod of her head.

“Sunny, seriously...” Mrs Jung smiles arching a brow.

Sunny crinkles her nose in exasperation and sighs quietly.
An idea suddenly pops in her small bunny's head which changes her expression in a sly smile.

“Alright, Mrs Jung. You don't let me any other option.” She says in a mysterious voice, showing a poker face but keeping this devilish gleam in her eyes.

Jessica's mother watches her, surprised. Finding it suspect, she hides the half of her face with the door, worried by what the young girl with short and light brown hair was going to do.

Sunny closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, relaxing completely her body.
Compliments haven't worked. Persuasion either and even less culpability.
She only had this solution. Her master card actually. As in video games she allows herself to think with a smirk.

She suddenly put her clenched fists to her cheeks while she was puffing them and pucks her lips like a duck. Accompanied by little puppy eyes and a cute frowning of eyebrows.

"Pleawse, Mrs Jung! I just want to see my Sica baby~" She whimpers in an aegyotic voice, her body squirming in all directions, exaggerating the scene extremely cute.

SLAM!

The slam of the door is so loud that it echoes in all Sunny's body. The latter is always holding the pose before to sharply react.

“Yaah! A simple 'no' would have been better and nice!” The short girl retorts, annoyed. She puts her hands on her hips and sighs loudly while frowning her eyebrows again.

She sits on the steps of the front door, putting her chin on the palm of her hand, the elbow on her flexed knee. She needed to find a solution quickly or well, her Jessica was going to be angry at her for some times. She had already forgotten this important date, at least for the lovers, last year and Jessica didn't want to talk to her anymore. Sunny sent her gifts and promised her to be her "servant" during an entire month to be forgiven. Which has been perfect for the beautiful princess.

“I need to find a way to talk to her.”

She thought to a SMS message but renounced to this idea, thinking it would be more romantic if she said it herself. Moreover, she wasn't sure if Jessica was going to check her phone, seeing that she was really sick. But she especially didn't want  to climb the house's walls again to reach her room, keeping a painful memory of the last time including Jessica's mother flowerpots.

“Aish, what to do?” She thinks aloud while getting up.

When she was gonna knock on the door again, Sunny feels a thick layer of cold falling on her head and shoulders, leaving her on place.

“Obviously...I am cursed!” She murmurs giving a dirty look to the edge of the roof.
She shakes her hair like a dog and squats the snow on her shoulders.

'Indeed it snowed last night' She thinks, fixing the fresh snow collected in her hand.
She suddenly widens her eyes. Something suddenly clicked in her bunny mind and she runs towards the Jungs gates while muttering:

“Fast, the florist.”

 

“Hm...What's happening in the living room, I hear voices since ten minutes...” Jessica faintly murmurs, waking up from her deep slumber. She rubs slowly her eyes, still feeling very weak and dizzy. She was fed up with this flu. Her body ached like hell and she was always sleeping (as always you'll tell me) and couldn't even walk properly without collapsing after two steps.

When she was gonna stand up to see the matter with her mother, she hears the front door slamming loudly and her mother saying things she can't hear distinctly. She kneads her temple, sensing a headache ready to hit again.

'It seems like the drugs have no longer effect.' She supposes taking a tissue off a box setting on her nightstand, mixed with others medecine boxes, to wipe her running noise.

“Hmpf...What time is it, by the way?” She grunts, throwing the tissue on the floor while taking her Galaxy S4 hid under her pillow. She had managed to hid it from her mother, wanting to check her messages each time she'll wake up, impatiently waiting to receive one from– No. It was 14:25 PM and still no message from her.

'Just a stupid publicity which is about this stupid day!' She inwardly exclaims, clearly angry and throws her dear phone on the floor. She sinks her head in the pillow and puts back the covers up to her nose, a sulky expression on her face.

'I bet she still has forgotten and is probably playing with her new game who was out today. Lightning thing or something like that. She's talking about this game since weeks, fantasizing on her heroine...pfff...as if she was more pretty than me...'

She turns her body on the side showing a sulky pout while hugging a heart plush against her chest, feeling some tears gathering at the corners of her eyes.

'Aish, I'm slowly dying and nobody care about it.' She dramatically thinks, watching the photo frame placed on her nightstand. A picture of Sunny back hugging her while Jessica smiles at the camera doing the peace sign. Grumbling, she sinks deeper in her lovely bed.

'Stupid flu. Stupid Sunny and stupid Valentine's Day.'

 

“Alright, I have everything I need.” Sunny says, holding several red roses bouquets between her hands.

'I need to hurry up before her mother see me.' She warms up her cold hands 'And I should have taken gloves too.'

She heads slowly toward the spot where there is her girlfriend's bedroom and executes her plan. Some moments after, she steps back while staring the ground, satisfied by her work.

“Alright, I don't feel my hands anymore but I did my best.”

She takes her BlackBerry of her back pocket wanting to call Jessica but realizes she runs out of battery.

“Damn.” She murmurs while putting it again in her pocket. Thinking fast, she looks for some stones through the snow and throw them on Jessica's window. She looks around her before to do it again, hoping to not get caught.

 

Jessica opens her eyes slowly believing to hear small noises afar. She straightens up with difficulty, looking around her but sees nothing. Coughing painfully, she supposes it must be the fever who is making her delirious. She lies again to hear, some seconds later the same noises coming from the window but more loud this time. Huffing in exasperation, she takes off the covers on her body and slowly stands up, feeling the fatigue quickly gains the upper hand on her body, despite all the will she has. She clings on the furnitures close to her and heads toward the window on her left.

Arriving at destination, she puts her warm hands on the cold glass and widens her eyes. Gasping and the mouth wide open, she is surprised by the scene in front of her, erasing all tiredness from her previous nap.

Sunny is standing on the middle of a huge heart which is drawn on the snow on the floor. The borders are covered with red roses petals. Below, there is an inscription with some petals marking more the letters:

 

'Happy Valentine's Day
Get well soon'


When Sunny finally sees the one she was looking for, she smiles widely, showing her very noticeable eye smile and waves cutely with both of her hands.

Jessica brightly smiles too. Her cheeks taking a bright red color and this time, it's not because of the fever. She's about to open the window but immediately stops, thinking it's not a good idea to aggravate her flu.
So, she blows hot air on the glass which creates a big track of steam. Carefully, she traces a heart with her finger and writes the initials 'J&S'.
 Seeing that, Sunny blushes in return while rubbing her red nose with her finger. She send her an embarassed smile with a flying kiss to Jessica which makes the older girl laugh.

While those two are in their own cheesy world, Mrs Jung is watching them by the kitchen's window, a cup of tea between her hands, blowing softly on it. With a tender smile, she sighs quietly:

“Hah...lovers.”