Of Written Proposals and Candid Confessions

Of Written Proposals and Candid Confessions

 

--

 

I wish you knew…

 

How you make my heart stop when your face shines along with those pretty lights

How you hitch the breath in my throat whenever you speak and sing your heart out

How you root me in place when you dance skillfully to the beat of the music

How you keep my mouth hanging open when you exhibit your martial art techniques

 

I wish you really knew.

 

You make me all giddy inside just by flashing that smile of yours.

You make me hug and cuddle you whenever you pass by and the scent of you lingers on my nose

You make me daydream and stare at your lovely eyes at times when you catch me staring at you…

I kinda admit, I get tongue tied each time you ask me questions. Your velvety voice rings in my ears, its music to me my love, … and I would willingly listen to it each passing day.

Your gentleness and care melts the coldest of hearts…You have melted mine too.  From the first time I took a step inside our shared room, you  welcomed me with open arms and your happy face made me realize that Yes, I finally found a home.

I wish you knew…

I admired you when you debuted, you look so fierce and confident even if it was your first time performing on stage as a professional singer… but then, I was privileged to be the first person to see you cry…to see you make jokes… to see you act all cute and innocent. My world revolves around you.

And that made me very happy. I finally found a person whom I can lean in to…a person who has accepted me for who I am.

I admired you when you and the rest of us received our very first award. Instead of crying, you plastered a big smile on your lips. You hugged the other hyungs and whispered “Hey, we did it… good job!” I was standing beside you back then, keeping my arm around you so as to prepare if you break down into tears.

But you didn’t. You proved to the audience that you don’t cry easily…you were strong, very strong.

When that fateful day came, with me and the other hyungs got into that accident, I was afraid. Afraid that I won’t be able to see you again. I tried to remain conscious, but the pressure and the loss of blood eventually overcame me. I laid in bed with a coma…wishing that you were beside me, telling me to hold on and to keep fighting.

And then your lovely voice came, you wouldn’t believe how happy I was. I listened to every word you said, every hiccup that escaped from your throat as you sobbed down. I felt warmth when you held my hand tightly…I felt your tears dropping on my nose as you kissed my forehead.

I cursed. I fought with all my might to wake myself up. I tried to open my eyes, move my hands and move my lips…just to tell you that I’m going to be alright. I cried inside, I want to hug you so bad… to tell you that I’m not giving up. I’ll live for you, hyung.

Because I love you…

The day we released our much anticipated 3rd album, I couldn’t contain my excitement. You look so refreshed and beautiful, ready to own the stage with your powerful voice and edgy dance moves. I at the field of dance, but you reassured me and even taught me some tips, and I just stood there watching and blushing like a 12 year old kid.

When Hankyung-hyung, Kangin-hyung and Kibum-hyung left, you were left speechless and broken. I know that you regard them as brothers…and with three of them missing; Super Junior was never the same.

You remained passive and quiet throughout the whole issue, its impact too much to bear with your fragile heart. I hugged you and leaned your head to my shoulder, giving you security and a rock to lean on. It hurts me so much to see you cry…it’s like a blade was cut right through me. The pain panged in my heart…and it throbs so much that I couldn’t handle it; I cried with you…letting out my own frustrations and bottled up emotions.

 

I wish you knew…

When we made our glorious comeback for Bonamana, your figure screams “tease!” Haha… I was screaming inside then, you look incredibly y and pleasing to my eyes. I could have taken you backstage, but that would just be very naughty. Just kidding though!

Those sleepless nights made you irritable and jumpy. You would always drag me to our room and tuck me to bed with you snuggling to my side. You kicked me once in our sleep, muttering about how you made a mistake in the dance routine. I held back a laugh; because you were so cute~ eyes closed in a soft manner and those plump lips curled to a slight smile… there never was a much beautiful sight than this.

Your childish antics brought the kid in me. I would rather tease you the whole day than to practice. You would pout cutely and pretend that you’re in a tantrum; but with just a poke and a quick tickle, you were back to your usual self – all cool and pretty. (Yes, you are pretty)

You joined us for the return of Super Junior M, along with Eunhyuk-hyung. I kept on grinning like an idiot just by hearing that. Although Siwon-hyung and Zhou Mi would cling themselves to me… I imagined that it was you. I so much wanted to kiss you when you hugged me at that mini-concert we held, I chose you as the perfect boyfriend (because you really are! :>) and words never came out from my mouth… I was surprised when you held me…and I just let Zhou Mi answer the question. HA! I was so stupid!

You danced to that three bears song again…and my mind went back to the days where we acted as a couple: KyuMin OTP. I remember that particular scene where I would have to be on top of you… our lips a mere inch away from one another. My heart did an endless somersault; because that was the closest encounter I had with you. You stared right into my eyes and our breaths mingled, you look away and I buried my face in your shoulder, swallowing an invisible lump in my throat as I hid a blush.

I also kissed you for the first time…the scene where I hugged you inside that convertible. We made NG’s…and I would always replay those mistakes we committed. And oh, did you hear what I said to you back then? I whispered “saranghae” very softly, and you placed a small smile on your face, you didn’t know how to react about that sudden confession.

You accepted my feelings after that…and you gave me a chaste kiss…the one that I dare not to forget.

Moving on, every Super Show we made required a lot of fanservice – whether it’d be touching, hugging, kissing and groping…any kinds. But you were the one I was waiting for… I watched you sneak from behind and hug me tight, eliciting screams from fans. They would throw photoshopped pictures of us together and I laughed my lungs out when I saw a picture of you in a wedding gown and me in a tuxedo. Heck, you were even prettier than my older sister! I declared you as mine hundreds of times…and we proved that through our little show on stage. We keep on holding hands and whisper to each other’s ears, show off heart signs and me fondling you at different places. I treasure you, I adore you, I love you.

You complete me, hyung… I wish you knew.

These past months have been busy for us; for you, for me and for the other hyungs. We have been            pre-occupied with our solo activities; both of us have musicals to attend to, at the same time prepare for the release of our 5th album.

We barely see each other now. That is why, whenever I got the chance to watch your musical, I would rush to your dressing room and hug you tight, telling that I have missed you. You showed your own side of the bargain, sneaking up to my room whenever I’m alone to cling around and encourage me to the very best.

Thank you, hyung.

And now, 5th album has made its mark. The Superiors have returned. Super Junior has returned.

We have returned. I was waiting for this day to come; where you and I perform on one stage, dancing and moving as one. Your face clearly shows how proud you are on all the hard work and I find myself smiling as well. I kept my gaze on you when we received our award at Music Bank, but you were too busy chatting with Eunhyuk-hyung. That made me jealous! You should only look at me, because you are mine!

I held your hand too, watching your every move as you say thanks and goodbye to E.L.F. I feel you stiffen under my heated gaze; you fidgeted as you stood up. And I find that highly amusing.

Last night’s broadcast was my only chance of having you all to myself. I brushed past the other hyungs to take the seat next to you…and I did it! I started to flirt around, leaning my head on your shoulder and pressing my hand to your back. I nudged you aside only to whisper to your ear, you blushed, I laughed.

Screw others who think this is stupid. All I know is that I love you… and showing my affections to the one I treasure the most means nothing is wrong.

Love knows no boundaries, right? Once you’ve been smitten, it’s hard to pry out. I’m trapped, I’m addicted and I can’t bring myself to leave you.

And I wish you knew that…

I love you so much. My heart overflows with much emotion that it aches – it’s all for you. I never had the courage to say “I love you” out loud, because I fear that you will be taken away from me. Our Love is forbidden in this world, hyung… others see us as brothers, but I see you more than just that.

I feel so scared right now… I wanted to say this after our shooting for the MV, but I chickened out…and so, uhm… I’ll say it! Arrgh! and sorry~ I just used our song to express what I feel...

 

I want to tell you every single day that "I love you"

I want to live loving you and cherishing you

I want to put you to sleep in my arms every night

I'll stay next to you for the rest of my life

Even though we'll age, I want to live each day smiling

All the many days we'll spend together

I'm going to be thankful each and every day

Will you give my heart this permission?

Will you be my everything?

 

I love you, Lee Sungmin. I want to be with you forever, for eternity. Will you marry me?

 

--

Sungmin now had tears in his eyes, cheeks flushed and a warm smile crept on his face. “I do” he whispers, getting up from his bed where he previously saw the scented paper that contained Kyuhyun’s message and proposal to him.

He fixed himself hurriedly and with one last look, he dashed out the door and to the building’s recording studio. Sugmin whipped his head on both directions to look for the man whom he’ll say his “yes” to. He stopped abruptly, lightly smiling as he heard a faint song playing inside the recording studio. It was the sound of a piano, along with someone singing along with it.

Sungmin entered the room slowly, careful not to disturb the figure playing with his eyes closed. He took a step closer, scooting over the chair to seat himself beside the taller male.

When the song reached its first verse and chorus, Sungmin found himself singing along.

*

“Geudaereul saranghandaneun mal pyuhngsaeng maeil haejugo shipuh                                                              (I want to tell you every single day that "I love you")

Would you marry me? Nuhl saranghago akkimyuh saragago shipuh                                                             (would you marry me? I want to live loving you and cherishing you)

Geudaega jami deul ddaemada nae pare jaewuhjugo shipuh                                                                          (I want to put you to sleep in my arms every night)

Would you marry me? Iruhn naui maeum huhrakhaejullae?                                                                               (Would you marry me? Will you give my heart this permission?)

*

Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge I do Nuhl saranghaneun guhl  I do                                                         ('ll stay next to you for the rest of my life I do I love you I do)

Nungwa biga wado akkyuhjumyuhnsuh I do Nuhreul jikyuhjulge My love                                            (through rain and snow I'll cherish you I do I'll take care of you My love)

--

Kyuhyun was stunned, eyes widening as he saw Sungmin lean his head on his shoulder, singing the lyrics that went smoothly with his piano playing. “Hyung” he spoke as he stopped after the chorus and removed his slender figures at the keys.

“I…uh..ermm, did you read the letter?” he muttered, blush spreading on his pale skin and ears. Sungmin laughed and kissed his cheek. “I did”

“And…?” Kyuhyun diverted his gaze on him, their faces only an inch apart.

“And this…” Sungmin answered him with a pull to his shirt, hushing all the questions with a long kiss to Kyuhyun’s lips. The younger man groaned in Sungmin’s mouth, wrapping his arms around the small waist to keep him close. He nibbled the former’s lower lip and was soon granted entrance to Sungmin’s hot mouth, his tongue playing with Sungmin’s own.

When they broke apart, Kyuhyun saw a glimmer on the smaller man’s eyes. “Sungmin” he whispered. He loosened his hold on him only to twirl the both of them to the middle of the room.

Sungmin gasped loudly as he saw Kyuhyun pull out two roses from his jacket; one was red and the other was white. “K-Kyu…” he whimpered when tears began to form in the corner of his eyes. He watched the taller male go behind the piano to take a small white box.

Sungmin couldn’t help but to cry, his form shook as his tears fell out of his own accord. “Min” he heard Kyuhyun call him. “I’ve been waiting for so long to ask you this…”

He cried even more when Kyuhyun bended down on one knee, flashing his pearly white teeth. Kyuhyun brought the two roses to his lips and kissed each one; he reached out to Sungmin’s right hand and placed the roses there, chuckling lightly when the older male bit back a sob.

Next, he sighed deeply and began singing the bridge of “Marry U” the part which he and Yesung originally sang.

Orae juhnbutuh nuhreul wihae junbihan Nae sone bitnaneun banjireul badajwuh                                          (I prepared this for you since long ago. Please, take this shiny ring in my hand.)

Oneulgwa gateun maeumeuro jigeumui yaksok giuhkhalge …"                                                                            (I'll remember this promise we shared with the same heart…)

As he sang, he presented the box that contained a small, delicate ring with a diamond decorating it at the top. He smiled, not finishing the lyrics as he placed the ring on Sungmin’s finger. After he inserted it, he stood up and said the last remaining words:

“Will you marry me?”

Sungmin wailed and hugged Kyuhyun tight, burying his face on the male’s neck. “Yes! I do… I will marry you, Kyu!” he answered him, all the while staining Kyuhyun’s shirt with his tears. Kyuhyun could only smile at the moment, glad that he finally got the answer he longs to hear.

“Oh..Kyu” Sungmin whimpered, eyeing the shiny ring that was placed on his finger. “I love you so much!”

“I love you too, Min. More than you could ever imagine…” Kyuhyun responded with a kiss to Sungmin’s hand. He pressed their foreheads together and wiped the tear tracks on the former’s face.

“Shh…It’s alright” he cooed, swaying their bodies side to side as they danced in their own tune. “I’ll treasure you forever, Min. I’ll love you ‘til death do us part”

Sungmin hiccupped and kissed his soon to be husband on the lips. “And I’ll be with you, Kyu… now and forever."