Betrayal

The Cold Ones Sequel

Sooyoung and Tiffany didn't know how to react. This was something they definitely hadn't expected so it caught them completely off guard. Shocked, they just stood by the door almost dropping their jaws of what happened before them.

Sunny panicked. Her heart almost broke when she realized that Sooyoung would think that she cheated on her. She probably were by now, but she didn't want to. She was definitely not happy about Hyomin and the terrible position she'd put her in.

She pushed the girl away from her and stood up in panic.

"It's not what you think!" she cried out desperately at her girlfriend and bestfriend.

None of them did say anything, both stared at Sunny looking shocked. It pained Sunny to see the pain in Sooyoung's eyes. She teared up when she realized that Sooyoung might won't believe her. While biting her lower lip she struggled with keeping in the tears.

Hyomin didn't say anything, she just sat down on the couch and watched the drama that was going on before her.

Tiffany had opened and tried to say something, but she just couldn't get anything out. Just when she was about to talk, Sooyoung interrupted her.

"What is this?" she said, looking at Sunny. The younger vampire felt so much guilt for her beloved girlfriend and so much hatred towards Hyomin. She saw that Sooyoung was hurt, and it pained her. Cheating was something that would never come to her mind and she would never do it, but by now she realized that it was probably what she just had done, even though it wasn't her intention.

"S-Sooyoung, I swear, this is not what I w-wanted, I promise y-----"

"Then why were you two making out like that!?" Sooyoung interrupted Sunny by yelling. This was the first time Sooyoung were angry at her like this and the first time she yelled at her, so Sunny got shocked.

"I didn't want to! Hyomin just climbed on top of me and started doing things a-and---"

"But you enjoyed it" Hyomin interrupted her, smirking teasily.

The next second Sooyoung stormed out of the room, with Tiffany following her. Sunny gasped as she felt like her heart broke into two pieces. If Sooyoung would leave her now there would be nothing left in her existence. She'd be nothing. Just an empty shell with guilt and sorrow. She hurried towards the door to follow the two vampires, but Hyomin grabbed her and pulled her back with all of her strength.

The anger build up inside Sunny, and she was so close to punching Hyomin in the face. She controlled herself and instead she started yelling. 

"NO! I DID NOT ENJOY IT!! You did it, not me!" she roared at Hyomin, her whole face flushing of anger while the other vampire let go of her. "Why did you have to do this!? I mean, after we were in Alaska I thought we were friends! Why are you trying to ruin my relationship!? I don't ing understand you and The Government!" she yelled, punching the wall of frustration. "What the heck do you want from me!?"

"We want you" a very familiar voice was heard from the door. Sunny turned around immediately to see Bom standing by the door.

While smiling her beautiful but evil smile, she looked back at where Sooyoung and Tiffany just had ran.

"Your saviors came all the way here to get you, how romantic. I feel bad for your girlfriend, she must be very hurt by seeing you cheat with another woman" Bom said, shrugging her shoulders slightly while smiling teasily.

"This was a part of your plan, huh?" Sunny said to Bom, squinting at her with fury.

"No" Bom said calmly as she smiled slightly. "I suppose Hyomin is very attracted to you and the other way around, don't blame me".

"I'm not freaking attracted to her!" Sunny roared desperately, the first tear running down her cheek.

Bom chuckled evily. "If your unwillingness were strong enough, you'd been able to resist and stop what was going on, but you didn't." she said teasily, tilting her head by the last word.

Sunny tightened her fists to stop herself from punching Bom. "Don't tell me what I want or don't want!" she yelled as tears ran down her cheeks.  "Sooyoung is the only one that I want, okay!?".

"So why did you make out with Hyomin?" Bom asked while raising her eyebrow.

Sunny took a deep breath as she tried to keep in her sobs. She hated Bom and she hated Hyomin. Her source of happiness were Sooyoung, and she were the only one she wanted and the only one that did matter. She wouldn't let The Government ruin her existence. No freaking way.

"I was shocked okay!? I didn't know what to do because I didn't expect Hyomin to do something like that!" Sunny honestly yelled, wiping away her tears.

While she sobbed out loud, she continued talking "I don't freaking understand this plan of yours! If you want me to be in The Government so bad, why didn't you just come up with a good plan that would make me want to be with you!?" she yelled.

Bom just shook her head and chuckled. "I think this is brilliant, isn't it?" she said.

The younger vampire sighed. "Brilliant!? How in the world is this brilliant!?" she exclaimed. "I freaking hate both of you right now! How can you even think that it would be an inviting thought to stay here with you!?".

Bom smiled. "I don't care about what you want, Sunny. Don't you see that?".

Sunny gulped, gritting her teeth. If Bom would've been human, she sweared to the high heavens that she'd attack her and out every remaining drop of blood in her body. Sunny immediately shook her head to get rid of what she just were thinking. She didn't really like the monster-side of herself.

"If Sooyoung leaves you, you don't have anywhere to go. No one will come and save you and you won't be able to escape either. After a few years, you'll give up and stay with us because we're the only ones that's left in your life" she said, smirking evily all the time.

"I have my family!" Sunny yelled in desperation.

Bom started to chuckle. "You can't be serious, are you?" she said teasingly. "When did you last see your family, Sunny? Do you even care about them? You left them just as you met Sooyoung. Do you even think about them anymore?".

"Shut up!" Sunny almost screamed.

"You must understand that you can't be with your family! They'll grow old while you still look the same. Would you want them to know what you really are? What you became?".

Sunny tried to stop herself from sobbing, but she couldn't. Bom didn't shut up either, so her words echoed in Sunny's head, making her even more sad. Bom chuckled to herself as she started walking towards Sunny.

"Was it worth it, Sunny?" she asked, caressing the younger vampire's cheek.

Sunny was wiping her tears, glaring at Bom. "What was worth what?".

"To give up your human life, just like that?" Bom asked, snapping with her fingers as she said the last word.

Sunny didn't want to think. She wanted Bom to just shut , and a time machine so she could turn back the time and stop Hyomin for causing this mess.

"You took Sooyoung for granted, but now when she's gone, was it really worth it?".

"I didn't have a choice!" Sunny roared.

The older vampire scoffed. "Yes you did".

"To die! Do you honestly think I would choose that!?" Sunny yelled. "First, I didn't want to die because I was really happy with my life then! I had Sooyoung and my friends, and they're the ones that means the most to me! Second, if I'd choose to die I would've caused my girlfriend and friends pain. Do you think I am that selfish?".

Bom chuckled once again. "It's the same thing, don't you see?"

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Vampyrism and death. It's the same thing" Bom said, smiling slightly. "Death is just less painful".

"It's not the same thing if you have a happy vampire-life!" Sunny protested.

Bom sighed before continuing to talk. "You're so naive, do you know that? For real, do you seriously think you'd stay happy for the rest of your never ending existence? Did you even think about the disadvantages when you were making your choice?".

No I didn't, Sunny thought to herself, but she didn't say anything.

"If you would've gone out from your naive little lovey-dovey bubble for a moment and actually thought, you wouldn't feel this pain by now".

"But how could I know what would happen to me in the future!?" Sunny yelled desperately.

"Of course you couldn't know, but you could've realized" Bom said. "Love doesn't last forever, Sunny".

"What if Sooyoung will forgive me!? Then it isn't a waste".

Bom shook her head. "It is a waste, no matter what. And if she does forgive you, it's already too late".

"What do you mean 'too late'?".

"You'll belong to us, Sunny. Once you're in The Government, you don't quit." Bom said, patting the younger vampire's shoulder and forcing her to sit down on the couch.

Sunny didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to think either. If Sooyoung and Tiffany would give up on her, she wouldn't have a chance to get out of here. Then she'd be stuck with The Government.

"You know what's funny?" Bom suddenly asked. Sunny didn't say anything, nor did she look at the older vampire.

"That you actually trusted me. Well, it isn't a surprise that you did, but your beloved friends. They should know better than trusting The Government". she said, then starting to giggle to herself.

Sunny clenched her fists of anger, still not looking at Bom.

"This was my intention all along!" Bom exclaimed, sounding very happy. It annoyed Sunny that her pain could be someone elses happiness. "I still don't understand how you could trust me after what we did to you!".

"We thought you'd changed" Sunny replied, looking up at the older vampire with teary eyes. "Don't you think it'd be an great idea to be forgiving and kind when you'll live forever? I, and I'm sure Sooyoung and the others did too, thought that it'd be much easier".

Bom chuckled again. "You can't trust anyone, Sunny. By now you should know that" she said with a little smirk.

Sunny felt horrible when she realized what Bom meant. That was just what she'd proven, she betrayed Sooyoung. She felt like screaming and crying when realizing that she weren't trustworthy even to her own beloved girlfriend.

"So what will you do now?" Bom asked teasily while crossing her arms and sitting down in the armchair where Key sat before. Her eyebrow was slightly raised while looking at Sunny as if she knew that she was screwed and there was no way for her to get out.

"Please just let me leave" the younger vampire begged. 

"Just because you're asking so nicely..." Bom began, making Sunny's eyes twinkle with hope. "... No. No way that I'll let you go".

The younger vampire sighed and looked down, and after a couple of seconds she looked up with tears running down her cheeks. "Why me!? Can't you just get someone else!? There's nothing special about me! I'm not smart, not pretty, not rich nor cool or tough! I just don't freaking get it!".

Bom smiled. "And that's just what we need. A little lamb".

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows while feeling insulted, but deep down she knew that Bom probably were right. She were just a little weak and tiny lamb that couldn't even keep up a relationship. 

"You see, all of our members are tough, confident in theirselves and sometimes too much ego. But you, you don't have any of that! You're sweet, innocent and you make people want to protect you" Bom explained. "That's exactly what we need".

Sunny didn't say anything. All that she could seem to do was gulp and looking down on her feet.

"I understand that it must hurt" Bom said. She let out a little sigh before continuing, "From what I understood, you loved Sooyoung dearly, didn't you? Too bad you screwed it up".

"IT WASN'T MY ING FAULT!" Sunny roared as she stood up from the couch. 

Bom was taken aback from the sudden outburst, and she looked at Sunny with raised eyebrows.

"You can say whatever you want about me! But don't freaking tell me that I was the one who screwed it up! It was this who started humping on me against my will!" Sunny cursed and pointed at Hyomin. The other vampire seemed to be taken aback by the insult.

"Wow, it looks like you're not completely a little lamb" Bom said with a chuckle. "I like that side of yours, keep it up."

Sunny glared at her for joking around in this situation. 

Bom clapped her palms together as she got up from the armchair. "Anyways, we don't have time for this right now, let's go!".

"Go where?" the younger vampire asked, feeling slightly anxious by thinking about where Bom would take her.

"Don't worry, it's alright. Come with me and Hyomin" she said, smiling.

Sunny wrinkled her nose and shook her head. "No way!" she burst out.

Bom sighed and gave Sunny a glare, causing the younger vampire to gulp.

"I said, come with me and Hyomin" Bom repeated as she crossed her arms.

Sunny didn't dare messing with her, and she didn't want to think about all the things she could do to her if she did, so she slowly stood up from the couch and obeyed the older vampire.

"That's more like it" Bom said, smiling her evil smile again. "Hyomin, hold her so she doesn't run away".

Bom turned around and started to walk out of the room at the same time as Sunny felt Hyomin grab her neck and holding onto her wrist tightly.

"Yah!" Sunny yelled, trying to break free.

"Be quiet" Hyomin said coldly while she led Sunny out of the room, following Bom.

Sunny knew by this point that she were screwed, and with no plan how to get out of here she obeyed and followed the two vampire ladies.

 


Tiffany hurried after Sooyoung who was storming out of the building, breaking everything that got in her way. "Soo! Wait!" she yelled while trying to keep up with her. 

Sooyoung suddenly stopped, and she kept standing still on her spot while looking forward with an empty gaze.

"Soo, I know you're mad at Sunny b-but... We have to save her, okay? We only have one shot and this isn't home, so you can't just leave and come back later" the older vampire said, patting her friend's back to comfort her.

"Of course I know that, Tiffany" Sooyoung said, almost whispering.

She looked down on her feet, not knowing what to say next. Sooyoung was really upset, that was obvious, and she didn't want to say anything wrong. Tiffany was sad over this too, but at the same time she knew that this wasn't something that Sunny would do. There was no way Sunny would replace Sooyoung with some random chick, no freaking way

She didn't say anything to Sooyoung about it yet, but she was sure that it was Hyomin who arranged this.

"So what do we do next?" she asked with a slight sigh when looking out over the big yard. The sun was up and it caused their skin to sting and burn slightly. It wasn't pleasant, but they couldn't go back in without a plan. That would be a move they'd regret. "We can't just stay here and do nothing. I'm sure they're already after us, and if they catch us we're totally screwed." Tiffany continued.

"And by standing here we're totally gonna get caught, I mean what the heck, we're at the main entrance" she added.

Sooyoung reached out her hand at Tiffany with her palm flat, as if she wanted her to stop talking. "I'm trying to think".

"Then think faster!"

Tiffany didn't usually get annoyed, but with knowing that Sunny was trapped with The Government it was kind of difficult to not get totally stressed out.

"It's not so easy to think straight when you've just caught your girlfriend cheating on you!" Sooyoung almost yelled before she backed a few steps to a little spot with shade where the sun didn't burn.

"Okay, we're both too shocked and stressed out to come up with a perfect plan so I suggest that we-----"

They got interrupted by hearing a noise from just inside the port of the huge building. For half a second they looked at each other in panic, and Tiffany immediately ran off looking for a place to hide, but Sooyoung was too late and the door opened.

Like a reflex, she ran to stand behind the other side of the door so whoever it was wouldn't see her when walking out.

She saw the back of a blonde head and recognized the person as Key. Luckily for Sooyoung he didn't look back, so as fast and discretely as she could, she ran to the other side of the door and before it closed she succeeded to enter the fort again.

The hall wasn't exactly the perfect place for hide-and-seek, Sooyoung knew she would have to go upstairs. It was only a matter of time before Key would go back in or some other Government-member would come down here.

By the time she took her first steps up the stairs, the thought of what Sunny was up to at the moment crossed her mind. She was probably still with disgusting Hyomin in that pink room, ing each others brains out. Sooyoung felt like throwing up, but knew she couldn't because of her vampyrism.

What if Sunny didn't want to be saved? Maybe she wanted to stay with these creepy people, being with Hyomin for the rest of her existence. If it would turn out that Sooyoung did this for nothing, she'd probably get caught by The Government, having to stay here as well, watching Sunny and Hyomin together.

Sooyoung's heart ached, and she stopped for a moment in the stairs. How dared some other woman lay hands on Sunny? and how dared Sunny cheat?

She should probably just turn around and go back and leave this place with Tiffany while she still could. At the same time Sooyoung knew it wasn't worth it and she would feel pain for the rest of her existence, knowing that she'd left her girlfriend. She couldn't just give up on Sunny, even though it would take a while for her to forgive and get over the betrayal. She loved Sunny too much, no matter what she'd done.

 


A/N:


I know I haven't updated in almost a year, and I'm very sorry for that. I pretty much lost my motivation to keep the story going, and I didn't have much time to write either. I'm not going to say something like "I promise I'll update more often!" because I know myself that it won't happen. What I know for sure is, however, that I'm not going to give this up and announce that I won't continue with the story. I promise you that I will try to keep it going, but it probably won't be updates very often.

If there's anyone out there that still cares for this story, I would really appreciate a comment.

And as I usually say, please let me know what you thought of the chapter!