CH 1

My Valentine

Kyuhyun's POV
I sat in my seat in class as I waited for Mr. Kim to start the class. A paper hit the back of my head. I turned around and glared at the general direction it came from. I relaxed once I saw Sungmin waving at me and realized it was him catching my attention. If someone else did it they would be dead, but I can't hurt Sungmin. How can anyone hurt someone as innocent as him?
I mouthed "what" to him.
He mouthed back "hi" and waved over enthusiastically.
I chuckled and mouthed back "hi."
Krystal began talking to him. I glared at her for stealing his attention. She didn't notice and continued talking to him. I listened to their hushed conversation that wasn't quiet enough for me not to hear.
Krystar twirled her hair with her finger, "You know how Valentine's is coming up?"
"Oh it is? I didn't know. What about it?" Sungmin asked.
She better not be asking him to be her Valentine. Sungmin is mine! Well he never actually agreed to that and I didn't really ask him, but one day he will be mine.
"I was wondering if you-," she was saying but was thankfully cut off by Mr. Kim.
The one time I'm grateful Mr. Kim is talking.
"Good morning class! Isn't today a beautiful day?" Mr. Kim greeted cheerfully.
Sure, the freezing 20 degree weather is great.
"As some of you know, Valentines Day is this week," Mr. Kim said.
Most of the class said ew while some said aw. I smiled. Valentines Day is the best day to confess to someone. I'm going to confess to Sungmin this Valentines. I just need to make sure no one tries to confess to him, like Krystal. I know she has no chance of being with Sungmin, but I'm scared she will get lucky and he will feel bad and say yes...What if he rejects me? I haven't thought about that. I guess I was being too positive and didn't think anything could go wrong.
"Ooh can we do something! Like a party and give Valentines cards," someone requested.
The class shouted out their agreement. That sounds fun. I can make a card and give it to Sungmin when I confess.
"Sure, since it seems like everyone agrees. I don't have much planned this week anyways. How about we start making cards today and finish tomorrow? Then the day after that is Valentines so we will have the party then. Does that sound good to all of you?" Mr. Kim suggested.
Everyone agreed and excitedly began talking about the Valentines events.
"I'll get out the materials. You can sit where ever you want. Just don't make too much noise or I'll make you move," he said.
I looked back at Sungmin and Krystal. She turned to him and before she could talk to him I called him.
"Sungmin come sit with me," I smirked at Krystal as he came to me.
She scoffed and flipped her hair.
Heh, she thinks I'll let her have Sungmin so easily? He's mine and she's not changing that. Sungmin sat down in the now empty seat next to me.
"Hi Kyuhyunnie," Sungmin greeted me.
"Hi Sungminnie. So did anyone ask you anything recently?" I tried to subtly ask.
I wanted to make sure Krystal didn't ask him to be her Valentine yet.
"Huh? No. Was someone supposed to?" He asked with an adorable confused expression.
"No it was just a random question," I chuckled.
He nodded and got up, "Let's go get the stuff to make our cards."
I got up and walked to the table at the side of the room with Sungmin. We picked out what we wanted. I glared at Krystal when I saw her getting up from her seat.
"Do you have everything?" I quickly asked.
"Yeah-" I dragged Sungmin back to our seats.
I laughed in my head when I saw Krystal glare at me. I stuck my tongue out at her.
"What are you doing?" Sungmin turned around to see who I'm looking at.
I turned him so he won't see Krystal, "Nothing. My lips were dry."
I can't make my card for Sungmin with him sitting right next to me and I can't let him sit with anyone else because that would give Krystal a chance to talk to him. If I try covering my work he will get curious and try seeing it even more. I will just have to make sure he doesn't see anything I'm doing. I folded a pink paper in half. How should I start this? I fiddled with a colored pencil while I thought. I drew a a large red heart on the cover. Just pour your feelings onto the paper. That's easier said then done. I peeked over at Sungmin's card.
He quickly covered it, "Don't look."
"Why not?" I asked.
"I don't want you to know who it is for," he said.
I clenched the pencil in my hand. So Sungmin is planning on giving his card to someone?
"Are you going to confess to that person," I contained the jealousy from seeping through my voice.
Please say the card is just for a friend. Don't break my heart.
"No. I'm just going to give them a card. It's not anything lovey," he said.
I loosened my grip on the pencil and sighed in relief. Good. I was worried he was going to tell me he likes someone. I still want to know who the card is for, though. I know he won't tell me if he said he doesn't want me to know so I'll have to wait until Valentines Day to see who it is for. I was satisfied with the answer he gave me so I went back to brainstorming.
The bell rang signaling the end of school. So far I have only drew a heart on the cover and wrote 'KyuMin' on the inside. 'KyuMin' is the couple name I made for Sungmin and I. It's cute, isn't it? It's a sign we are meant to be together. I packed up my bagpack and slung it on. I waited for Sungmin to finish packing up. I looked around and saw Krystal talking to her group of friends. I was about to look away when I saw all of them glancing at Sungmin and giggling. They were fixing Krystal's hair and clothes. We weren't close to each other so none of them noticed me. The group of girls pushed Krystal in the direction of Sungmin. She wouldn't stop if I tried to stop her, even if I threatened her. She isn't scared of me sadly. I looked around frantically in search of a plan. I caught sight of Heechul.
I ran over to him, "Heechul. Please I need your help."
"With what and why should I help you?" He asked with an unconcerned tone.
"It's about Sungmin. You care about him, right? Krystal is about to ask him to be her Valentine. Please distract her," I pleaded.
"Of course I do. He's so precious and innocent. I'll distract her. Don't think this is to help you. I'm doing this because I hate Krystal and I do not want Sungmin to gave anything to do with her," he said and quickly made his way to Krystal right before she got to Sungmin.
I really owe him one. Heechul walked right next to her and he was so close to her she was forced to walk to the side away from Sungmin.
Sungmin came to me, "Sorry I took so long. I'm ready now."
I smiled and we walked out of the school gates, "It's fine. I usually take longer anyways and you never leave me."
"We walk home together so I couldn't leave you if I wanted. Which I would never want to anyways," Sungmin said.
We reached Sungmin's house and he went inside. I waited until he closed the door, then I continued walking to my house.
*Next Day*
I took the card I was working on yesterday out of my bag and put in upside down on my desk. I made sure Sungmin wasn't paying attention to me, then opened the card. I sighed as I realized I have a lot to do. I still need to do the most important part. The writing. Even if the card was the prettiest one Sungmin has ever seen he would reject my confession if the writing wasn't good. I have to convey my feelings on the paper which I can't do. It's easy for me to realize my feelings in my head, but it's harder to actually write them and not cringe from how weird I sound. I can do this. I need to do this to make Sungmin officially mine. Okay, how do I feel about my Sungminnie? He's perfect in looks and personality. He is nice and caring, but he doesn't let people take advantage of him. He is always there for me. He's...perfect. I couldn't ask for anyone else than him. I don't think I would be able to live without him. I can't imagine being happy without him by my side. I don't want him, I need him. I love my Sungminnie and I know I am young, but I know for sure that I truly love him.
How do I put this on paper? Isn't it a bit too cheesy? I held my pencil and tried to write out my feelings as best as I could. It took me a while and a bunch of re-writing, but I finally finished writing the card. I read it over in my head. I cringed at how cheesy it sounds. I hope Sungmin will accept my feelings. My card was a little too plain for my liking so I spread glitter glue on the cover. I finished before class was over. I sat back and continuously glanced at Sungmin.
"Sungminnie," I said getting his attention.
"Yes Kyuhyunnie?" Sungmin turned to me and stopped working on his card.
I really want to know which friend Sungmin is giving his card to. If only I can trick him into telling me.
"Do you want to play a quick game?" I asked him.
"Ok, but it has to really be quick. I need to finish up the card," he agreed.
"You win by telling me the truth. So the question is who are you making that card for?" I asked.
Sungmin shook his head, "I'm not telling you. You will see tomorrow when we hand our cards out."
"Did I mention the prize is chocolate?" I tried convincing him.
He laughed, "Nice try, Kyuhyunnie."
I frowned as he went back to making his card. I guess I have to wait until tomorrow. I looked around to see if any of my other friends are done so I can play with them. Everyone seemed busy.
Krystal hasn't tried talking to Sungmin at all today. That's why today has been peaceful. I know she will try getting Sungmin away from me though. Heechul walked up to me and surprisingly he seemed nervous. The Kim Heechul was actually nervous.
"Uhm Kyuhyun you know how you owe me from yesterday? I need you to help me now," Heechul had a light blush on his cheeks.
-Don't laugh at him. He will slap you-
"What do you need me to do?" I asked.
"Come here. I don't want everyone to hear," he went to the back of the class and I followed.
"Give this to Han Geng. Don't read it," Heechul handed me a folded piece of paper.
Well now I am curious as to why I can't read it. Maybe just a little peek... I opened it. 'Will you be my Valentine? - <3 Heechul'
A hand slapped the back of my head hard. I looked up at a blushing and mad Heechul.
"Didn't you hear what I said? At least read it when I'm not right in front of you!" He yelled at me.
I rubbed the place he hit, "I was too curious to wait. So you have a crush on Han Geng?" I asked seriously.
"Shh! Don't say his name, idiot. And yes I do," he looked around the class to make sure no one heard.
They would make a cute couple. I ship this.
"Shouldn't you give this to him yourself? You know, so it's more romantic," I suggested.
"I can't do it. Every time I get close to him I say something stupid or I cant talk at all," Heechul admitted.
"How are you going to talk to him if he accepts you?" I asked.
"I-I didn't think of that. Yah, just go give it," he pushed me in the direction of Han Geng.
"Hey Han Geng," I waved at him.
"Hi Kyuhyun," he looked up from the card he was working on.
I decided to see if he likes Heechul back first before I give him the note and he rejects him. Heechul would be really embarrassed.
"Who are you making that card for?" I asked.
Han Geng smiled, "Heechul."
"You like him?" I asked containing my excitement.
He nodded, "I'm going to ask him to be my Valentine."
"You are too late for that," I handed him the paper.
His eyes widened, "Did someone-," he read the note.
"I-Is this really from Heechul?" He asked.
"Yes. Go talk to him," I said.
"Oh my gosh. He likes me," Han Geng whispered to himself.
"If you don't go now someone might ask him to be their Valentine and you will lose your chance to accept him," I said to make him hurry and talk to Heechul.
He jumped out of his seat and ran to him. I chuckled when Han Geng stumbled in front of Heechul and Heechul blushed. I finished my job so I went back to my seat. Sungmin was still focused on his card. I put my card in my bag in case Sungmin might see it by accident.
Krystal walked up to Sungmin with a smile, "Hi Sungminnie."
I clenched my fist. Only I can call him Sungminne. I glared at Krysral and she smirked at me then went back smiling at Sungmin.
"Hi Krystal, how are you?" Sungmin asked.
No don't talk to that witch. Does he realize she has a crush on him? He is a little- okay really dense. I can't believe he doesn't even realize I like him.
She giggled, "I'm fine. How are you?"
"I'm good," he smiled with his cute lips.
"Who are you making that card for?" Krystal asked.
"Definitely not for you," I accidentally said out loud instead of in my head.
"Kyuhyun! That's not nice!" Sungmin scolded me.
"Yeah, and you don't know. Maybe it is for me. Right, Sungmin?" Krystal looked at Sungmin with hopeful eyes.
I rolled my eyes.
"Um sorry Krstal, it's not for you," Sungmin said.
"Then who is it for?" She asked angrily and snatched the card off the desk.
Sungmin yelped and reached out to grab it back. Before I could say anything, she dropped the card on his desk and stomped away with a look of surprise and anger.
Is her reaction because she saw who the card is for?
Valentines Day
I held my card tightly to my chest. Today we would be delivering our cards. I wasn't nervous before but now I am a little. I glanced at Sungmin who looked at me at the same time. We made eye contact and quickly broke it.
"You can now deliver your cards then eat and have fun," Mr. Kim said as he ate a heart shaped cookie.
Everyone got up and walked around the class except a couple people including Sungmin and I. I extended the card an inch towards him then pulled it back before he he could see. Ugh, just do it. It's not that hard.
Sungmin looked at me, "Who are you giving your card to?"
"You tell me first," I said.
"No, I asked first," he said.
"How about at the same time?" I asked.
Sungmin hesitantly nodded.
"1...2...3...," I counted off.
"You," we both said at the same time.
"What?" We both asked shocked.
I talked first, "Y-Your card is for me."
"Of course. And your card is for me?" He said.
"Yeah," I laughed in happiness.
Sungmin giggled and handed me his card. I took it and gave him my card. I saw Heechul wink and thumbs up at me a couple feet away. I looked at him confused then opened the card my Sungminnie gave me excitedly. Before I could even look at it I heard Sungmin yelp. He fell towards me and I wrapped my arms around him to prevent him from falling.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
He nodded his head in my chest. I was about to let him go, but he wrapped his arms around me too.
Right now is the best time I ever had to confess.
"Sungminnie, I don't know if you realized this by now, but I like you," I brushed his hair with my fingertips.
The tips of his ears turned pink and he mumbled, "I like you too, Kyuhyunnie."
Finally Sungmin is officially mine and hopefully it stays like this forever.


Was this boring?? When I finished I thought it but I worked hard and would have felt bad not publishing it here. Please comment and I'm fine with constructive criticism ^^