Breathe, Live, Love

Breathe, Live, Love

Sometimes I wish my life was different. Sometimes I wish I wasn't the esteemed niece of one of the richest mans in Seoul, or the heir to his acclaimed corporation. Or that I didn't have so many expectations to live up to, so many obligations to fulfill, that I didn't have to lie to those most important to me, my family and friends, to keep them happy.

Well… more of to keep them from judging me.

Sounds like I'm rather disappointed in my life but I'm not. I'm happy with what I've been given, but I need a breath of fresh air. I just feel so trapped sometimes.

Right now, I wish I didn't have a hundred and one things to worry about and could just stay here in her arms.

Sunny looked over her shoulder to see Hyomin still deep in slumber, her head nestled by the crook of Sunny's neck. Sunny smiled at the serene face before laying her head back onto her pillow. She lay comfortably in Hyomin's bed, her back snuggled against the other girl who had an arm draped over Sunny's waist. They lay peacefully together, the only source of light in the room radiated from the sun through the curtains.

Right now Hyomin is the only one who is able to keep me sane. She's a tall, beautiful girl with the greatest heart ever. She is so wonderful, full of life and love, I'm lucky to have met her. She has a much simpler lifestyle than I, who's left pressured everyday with million dollar deals, high end business ventures and other things I'd rather leave to others. She is a photographer who lives in a homey place with her roommates and pretty much lived an all around cheery, normal life. I wish I could live like that.

When Hyomin began to shift in her sleep, Sunny peaked over her shoulder again to greet the girl as she fought to open her eyelids.

"Morning," Sunny smiled.

"Mm," Hyomin merely mumbled before nuzzling her face back behind Sunny's head.

"Still sleepy?" Sunny giggled. Hyomin did not speak but simply shook her head, her response followed by her gentle, steady breathing. "I have to get up soon though," Sunny said.

Hyomin then wrapped her arm around Sunny, albeit very limply as she still had not completely awaken from her slumber to enforce enough strength. Sunny did not attempt to push her away though, she merely smiled and relaxed back into Hyomin's embrace.

I just feel so much at peace with her. I wouldn't trade a moment with her for anything. Right now, this tranquility is all I could ask for.

"Unnie!"

The sheet over the two girls was suddenly snatched away, leaving a cool breeze over the two as they curled their legs up.

"Ya! Jiyeon!" Hyomin, now rudely awoken, yelled up to the girl who disturbed their sleep.

"Thank God you guys have your pajamas on this time," Jiyeon commented as she bit on a piece of toast. "Unnie," Jiyeon called to Sunny, holding up a cell phone in her other hand, "you keep getting messages on your phone."

"I didn't hear it ring," Sunny said as she sat up in bed and accepted the phone from Jiyeon.

"That's because you left it outside," Jiyeon said before walking out of the room. Sunny saw she had five new messages on her phone and opened up the latest to read.

Taeyeon
You plan on attending this meeting?

Sunny quirked an eyebrow and looked up to the wall clock. It was close to 8:00, 30 minutes before her meeting would begin.

"Oh my God!" Sunny exclaimed as she jumped out of bed.

"What, what, what?"Hyomin asked as she watched Sunny dash across the room to pick up her clothing.

"I overslept! My meeting is in 30 minutes!" Sunny exclaimed before disappearing into the adjoined bathroom. Not wasting any time, she took a quick shower and hastily got dressed. Once suited in her blouse and skirt, she sped out of the bathroom while still drying her hair with a towel and began to collect her remaining belongings. Hyomin all the while watched her, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, holding a pillow over her lap.

"Ok," she said as she tossed the towel aside and grabbed her bag and jacket, "I have to run. I'll call you later!" she said before sprinting out of the room.

"Sunny!"

At the call of her name, Sunny immediately spun around and returned to the door of the room. "What?!" she asked anxiously. Did she leave something behind perhaps? In a sense, she somewhat did.

Hyomin smiled and pouted her lips. Sunny released a sigh of relief, relieved she had not forgotten anything but giggled at her lover's antic and walked to her bedside. She leaned down and connected her lips with Hyomin's soft ones into a loving kiss. When she pulled back, she smiled sweetly at the girl before her. "Bye!" she suddenly said before rushing out of the room, unaware of the frown that adorned Hyomin's face after she left.

She sped to the door, passing Jiyeon and Hyomin's house mates, Eunjung, but immediately skid to a halt and turned back around. "Wait, wait, where are my papers?"

"Right here," Eunjung mumbled, holding up a binder in her hand while chewing on her breakfast.

"Oh," Sunny rushed up to Eunjung and took her binder from her hand.

"Buttered toast?" Jiyeon offered holding up a slice of toast to Sunny.

"Oh thank you," Sunny said before grabbing the toast in and speeding off again.

"Sunny!" both Eunjung and Jiyeon called to her.

Sunny immediately stopped and turned back around again. "Mmpf?!" she muffled with the toast in . Both Eunjung and Jiyeon then pouted their lips at Sunny, mimicking Hyomin's earlier actions. Sunny dropped the toast into her hand and laughed. She blew a kiss to the two before finally making her way out of the house.

-

"You're late," Taeyeon said as Sunny hurriedly jogged up to her from the long corridor.

"I know, I know," Sunny said, "have they already started?" she asked as she kept walking on.

"No, they decided to wait," Taeyeon said, walking alongside Sunny to the conference room. "You're lucky they're in a good mood today. Your uncle included."

"Let's just get this over with."

-

After the meeting was over and their guests had taken leave, Sunny along with Taeyeon and now her uncle, Lee Soo Man, walked together through the corridors.

"You were late today Sunny," Sunny's uncle commented.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I overslept," Sunny said.

"You've been working very hard as of late," her uncle stated.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine," Sunny said, offering a smile to her uncle.

As much as I'd like to get away from work, I often bury myself into it when I'm stressed. It's complicated.

"Nonetheless, you did really well today," her uncle said, offering her a proud smile.

My uncle thinks I'm some sort of a prodigy child. I'm not, honestly. I have to exert so much effort to keep my uncle satisfied, he has no idea.

"Take care of yourself okay? I will see both of you later," Lee So Man smiled at the girls before taking his leave in the other direction. The two girls bowed their heads to the elder man before continuing on to Sunny's office. As soon as they reached, Sunny placed her bag and files onto her coffee table and collapsed onto her sofa.

"So what's up?" Taeyeon asked her long time best friend as she sat by the edge of the sofa, "You seem awfully stressed these days."

"I'm just… tired, really," Sunny tiredly responded.

Taeyeon and I are best friends. I wish I could tell her the truth but I'm just so afraid. That alone is killing me that I can't tell my own best friend about the mess that I've made of my life.

The door to Sunny's office opened and a head of a young man looked in. "Hey there," he said when he noticed the girls on the sofa and walked into the room. Sunny smiled as she and Taeyeon stood up to address the man.

"Hey Sungmin," Sunny greeted him as he walked up to her. Sungmin placed a hand behind Sunny's back and placed a quick peck at the corner of her lips.

Sungmin here is my boyfriend. Yes, that's right. My boyfriend.

Yes, I know…

This would be the 'mess' I was referring to earlier.

"How did the meeting go?" he asked, smiling brightly.

"Oh you know, as usual, killed it and secured a deal for millions more than this company needs," Sunny jested causing the other two to laugh.

"That's great! So listen, I ran into your uncle in the hall, he wanted us to have dinner together tonight," Sungmin said.

"Um, sure, I think I'm free tonight," Sunny accepted.

"Alright then, I gotta get back to the office. I'll see you later," Sungmin said before placing another kiss over Sunny's cheek. "See you later Taeyeon," he said to Taeyeon as well before leaving Sunny's office.

I don't know how it happened. It just did and I don't know how to fix it anymore.

-

Around lunch time, Sunny left to meet with Hyomin at her friend's café. As she entered the café, she made her way up to the counter where a girl shorter than herself worked behind the counter.

"Hello Boram unnie," Sunny greeted her.

"Hello Sunny!" Boram brightly greeted her in return. "Hyomin said you were coming, so," Boram turned around to retrieve a cup from the back, "here's your usual and Hyomin's waiting downstairs," she said handing her the cup and pointing to the stairs to the right.

Sunny chuckled and accepted the drink. "Thank you, unnie!" she said before making her way to the staircase.

Her friends have grown so accustomed to me. Amazing how much support they show Hyomin.

Sunny walked down into the basement lounge which was currently empty excluding Hyomin's presence.

"Sunny!" Hyomin brightly exclaimed once she saw the short haired brunette approach her table. Sunny smiled at her and leant her head to down to share a quick kiss.

"Got to your meeting on time?" Hyomin asked.

"Barely," Sunny said as she sat down in front of Hyomin, placing her hand over the table to intertwine her finger's with Hyomin.

"Did it at least go well?"

"Absolutely."

Hyomin smiled at Sunny. "Oh look," Hyomin lifted up the paper in front of her and handed it to Sunny, "got an internship at an agency."

"Oh wow, that's great!" Sunny beamed as she accepted the piece of paper to look over.

"But I haven't accepted it yet."

"Why not?"

"Well, it's for a year."

"So?"

"In America."

"Oh," Sunny uttered looking back down at the piece of paper. She would've been happy for her had the post been in an agency anywhere in Seoul, but she truly rather not have Hyomin travel so far away from her.

"I'd be away from all my family and friends and I doubt I could manage myself alone," Hyomin pouted.

"It's a good opportunity, but you don't have to take it if you don't want to," Sunny said placing the paper down.

"I don't want to be away from you," Hyomin spoke coyly, smiling at Sunny.

"And your English kinda ," Sunny commented.

"It does actually," Hyomin chuckled. "I might not after all but I guess I could at least think it over. Would you miss me?" she asked as she brought up her other hand to intertwine with Sunny's other hand.

"Not really. I have better things to do," Sunny joked.

Like see to a boyfriend that I currently have…

Hyomin pouted and pulled back away from Sunny. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," Sunny laughed as she pulled Hyomin back with her hands.

"Will you have dinner with me tonight then?" Hyomin asked. Sunny opened to answer but immediately stopped when she recalled the dinner she was already meant to have with her uncle and Sungmin.

"Ah, sorry, can't. Working tonight," Sunny told her.

I hate lying to her, especially when she makes that extremely sad face afterwards.

Hyomin drooped in her seat, and frowned like a little child, her eyes even glistening with upset.

That one.

"You're always working! You work too much Sunny!" Hyomin complained.

"I know, I'm sorry. If I could get out of it, I would," Sunny said.

Hyomin has no idea about Sungmin. If she did, she would've never gotten into this with me. She's not like that.

She also has no idea that none of my friends or family know about her. I told her that I did tell them, but I of course never did. The only people who know about us are Hyomin's own close friends such as Jiyeon, Eunjung, Boram and a few others.

"We hardly spend any time together now days," Hyomin spoke sullenly.

"I know," Sunny nodded her head. "I promise, I'll try to make more time for you."

 I have been seeing Hyomin less often lately. When I first started seeing her, I began to neglect everything. Work, friends, Sungmin; to the point it was close to raising suspicion. I didn't have to worry about Sungmin growing suspicious. He knows how important the work I did was and knew I was often busy. He has such faith in me, as if I didn't feel guilty enough.

But I did eventually stop seeing Hyomin so frequently. There were a couple of time when I had not seen her throughout the week. This only led her to be constantly upset. As if our… this thing we have, wasn't complicated enough.

I never thought I'd be in this sort of situation, especially with another girl. I had never found any attraction in girls before, until I met Hyomin I suppose. I met her in a village near Hongcheon where I was visiting some elders. That was where our faithful meeting was; as faithful as slipping in a puddle and landing on top of me could be. We had gotten to talk, discovered we were both from Seoul and ended up exchanging contact information. We constantly kept in touch. She grew so amazingly fond of me and I… I never pushed her away.

I never stopped her from holding my hand, randomly locking me into an embrace, sneaking a kiss onto my cheek… somehow getting me into her bed…

I cannot explain it at all. How I suddenly started having these… feelings for her. I just couldn't pull myself away from her. Maybe it's because of how much she loves me, how happy she makes me with just that smile of hers, but Sungmin loves me too! Yet I find myself feeling more secure and at peace when I'm with her.

Hyomin sighed but lightly smiled at Sunny, "ok," she said before leaning forward to kiss her lips. Sunny returned her kiss wholeheartedly and rested her forehead against hers. They stayed like that for a moment, taking solace in each other's touch. "I love you," Hyomin whispered to her.

Sunny softly smiled and pecked Hyomin's nose but did not speak in return.

She's still waiting to hear those same words from me. I can't even bring myself to say 'you too', or even send a heart when she texts me. I never rejected her the first time she said it to me, I just kissed her and tried to change the subject. I don't even know if I can call her my girlfriend (can I anyways if I already have a boyfriend?), she doesn't even know if she can but she wants to. She wants for us to have a real relationship but I keep holding back.

I don't know what to do.

-

Sunny continued her usual routine, trying to balance her life and her secret relationship with Hyomin but it only proved to become even more stressful as the days and weeks went on. She was still unable to spend much time with Hyomin, mostly because she was still cautious of being discovered. To make things even more stressful, her demanding workload was not helping at all.

"Hey, you listening?"

Sunny looked up from her cell phone to her friend Jessica. "Oh yeah, she saw you guys and thought you were dating," Sunny recalled the story her friend was telling her.

"Right, so I'm like for the hundredth time we're totally just friends and honestly he is so not my type," Jessica rambled.

"Uh huh," Yuri mumbled, her attention fixated on the magazine in her hands. Jessica looked back to Sunny who once again had diverted her attention to her cell phone.

"Well you guys kinda ," Jessica commented.

"Sorry Jessica," Yuri laughed and closed her magazine to give Jessica the attention she wanted. Before she was about to speak, she glanced at Sunny and noticed the frown on her face as she looked down at her cell phone. "Everything okay?"

"Hm?" Sunny hummed looking up, "oh, yeah, everything's fine, was just lost in thought."

"You alright?" Jessica asked, "You've been kinda out of it a lot recently."

"Um," Sunny thought for a moment on how to respond, "no?"

"Uh, yeah!" Jessica exclaimed.

"I'm kind of worried for you Sunny, you've been working a lot more than usual lately," Yuri spoke.

"There's… just a lot of work," Sunny said, "but don't worry, it's no big deal."

"Let's all go out tonight then. You need to relax once in a while," Yuri suggested. Sunny thought for a moment then looked back down at her cell phone.

Hyomin
Can we meet up tonight please? I miss you.

"You know what," Sunny said looking up to her friends, "you guys go ahead. I have things I need to take care of."

-

After a long while, Sunny was finally able to spend time with Hyomin that night. After having dinner, the two now walked together hand in hand by the park, laughing and simply enjoying each other's company. Hyomin couldn't have been happier to finally just hold Sunny's hand again.

"That one looks like a bunny," Hyomin said, pointing up to a constellation of stars in the sky. Sunny squinted her eyes but could not see the image Hyomin had pointed out.

"There is no bunny!" Sunny said.

"Yes there is! Look," Hyomin placed her head beside Sunny's and pointed to the stars again, "that's the body and those are its ears," she said as she traced out the image with her finger.

"That looks more like a deformed bunny," Sunny giggled.

"No!" Hyomin whined, bouncing on her feet, "it's cute little bunny just like you!"

Sunny burst into laughter at Hyomin's childlike antics. "You are so silly!" she said through her fit of giggles.

"But you love me, right?" Hyomin asked as she nuzzled her nose over Sunny's head.

There was that word again that would cause Sunny to tense and bring up a forced smile. Hyomin was all too familiar with that expression and the uncomfortable air that would suddenly surround them afterwards. The smile on Hyomin's own face disappeared as the two continued their walk. Once again, Hyomin was greeted with silence and could only remain silent herself, but this time she would not let it pass. Be it yes or no, she finally needed an answer.

"Sunny," Hyomin stopped in her tracks and tugged on Sunny's hand to have her stop as well.

"What is it?" Sunny asked turning to face Hyomin. The taller girl hesitated for a moment, diverting her attention to the ground.

"What…" she began before lifting her head up to look Sunny straight in the eye, "what am I to you?" she asked.

Sunny froze, having not expected such a question. "What do you mean?"

"We're obviously not just friend…"

"Obviously," Sunny nervously chuckled.

"Then what are we?"

Sunny bit her bottom lip and reflected Hyomin's anxious gaze. She slipped her hand out of Hyomin's and walked on forward. "You know what you are to me, Hyomin."

"No I don't," Hyomin responded firmly. Sunny stopped in her tracks but did not turn around to face her. She had always dreaded a moment like this. "Do you even… feel the same as I do?" Hyomin asked. Sunny tried to open to speak, to turn around and face her but she just couldn't. When Hyomin was met with nothing but silence again, this only made her heart grow more anxious and frustrated. "Do you even consider me your girlfriend?"

"I…" Sunny stuttered as she looked back to Hyomin. remained opened but no words would escape her. She released a sigh and averted Hyomin's gaze again.

"You're not ashamed of me are you?" Hyomin meekly asked.

"No!" Sunny exclaimed, "It's not like that, I just-" Sunny trailed off again. Hyomin waited for her to speak but she was greeted with silence once again. Hyomin did not want to, but she was starting to become too overwhelmed by her emotions.

"You never want to talk about this, Sunny. You never tell me anything!" Hyomin cried out.

"What do you want me to say?" Sunny asked, finally turning around completely to face her. Though she knew she was the one who was at fault, she could not help but feel slightly frustrated. "Do you just want me to say I love you?"

"No I want you to tell me how you really feel about me!" Hyomin exclaimed.

"I don't know! Ok?!" Sunny unexpectedly yelled. "I don't know what this is between us. I don't know anything, okay?" she retorted, suddenly letting out all her month's worth of frustration.

Hyomin was taken aback by Sunny's abrupt response. She had never seen her be so irritated with her. Seeing the almost frightened look on her face, Sunny regretted responding so harshly.

"So…" Hyomin stuttered, suddenly feeling the corner of her eyes become wet, "I've never meant anything to you?"

"No, Hyomin, I… I just don't know what to tell you," Sunny exasperatedly said. "Truth is I never expected any of this and I just…" Sunny trailed off when she saw a single tear run down Hyomin's cheek. She closed , feeling absolutely crushed to have made Hyomin cry.

"I thought…" Hyomin spoke but lost her voice immediately after. She clenched her teeth, trying so hard to not cry in front Sunny. "In the beginning I thought you felt the same way about me as I do. You never had to tell me you loved me, so as long as I knew you really cared about me, I would've waited forever for you, because I really do love you."

Guilt overcame Sunny and she could longer look Hyomin in her eyes. She wanted to comfort her but she just felt so helpless right now.

"But if this was all meaningless to you, then… then I can't keep doing this," Hyomin sobbed as her tears finally streamed down her face. Sunny felt her heart stop, dreading the implication of Hyomin's word. "You don't know how much it hurts when every time I'm with you, you still seem so distant from me," Hyomin said as the tears continued to stream down her face. She sniffed and rubbed at her eyes to dissipate her tears. Hyomin wanted nothing more than for Sunny to console her and tell her everything would be alright, but this time she would not accept her kisses and let everything pass.

Sunny found herself speechless once again, feeling too ashamed of herself to say anything, but when Hyomin suddenly turned around and began walking away, she panicked and took a few steps forward.

"Hyomin!"

Hyomin stopped in her tracks to look back at Sunny. Sunny opened to speak, desperate to not let Hyomin leave, but no words left .

Disappointed, Hyomin let out ragged breath. "You never say anything," those were her last words before Hyomin walked away, leaving Sunny on her own. Sunny wanted Hyomin to turn around and run back to her, she wanted herself to run after Hyomin and not let her leave. However, Hyomin continued to walk away and Sunny remained frozen in her place.

She dropped her head into her palms, she wanted to scream. How could she be so stupid? How could she not say a single thing and just let her leave like that?

Maybe it's wrong for me to think this, but I knew I didn't have to worry for too long, that she'll come around. I don't doubt how much she loves me, and I was right, she did come around.

That was when everything fell apart…

-

Hyomin cautiously walked into the very long corridor. Hyomin had never been to Sunny's place, she had often insisted on being in Hyomin's home instead. Hyomin did not even know where she lived until she discovered her address by chance one day when going through some of her belongings. She found Sunny lived in a penthouse apartment which left her baffled on why she would always insist on hanging out in her small, plain home.

After a short walk, Hyomin eventually came upon the door to Sunny's place. It had been a few days since the night at the park, she had refrained from contacting Sunny but she couldn't take it any longer. She admitted it, she was weak and a fool in love; she terribly missed Sunny. She decided she would finally have a real talk with Sunny and set things straight. Taking a deep breath, she pressed her finger to the doorbell.

-

"Hurry home, alright?" Jessica said into her cell phone over her ear. "It's a weekend, you need to relax and not be at that dang office!"

"I know, I'm just finishing up. I'll be home soon," Sunny said from the other end of the phone.

"Alright then," Jessica said before hanging up the phone. At that moment, the doorbell rang. Jessica looked to her side where Taeyeon was sprawled over the couch, flipping through the channels on the TV. Jessica waited a to see if she would respond to the door bell but after a few moments and a second resounding of the door bell, Jessica rolled her eyes and got up. "Don't get up, I'll get it."

"Thanks Sica, you're so sweet," Taeyeon commented, eyes still fixated on the TV. Jessica walked across the apartment to the front door and opened it to find a tall, long haired brunette. "Hello," Jessica greeted her.

"Hi, um, is this where Sunny lives?" Hyomin nervously asked.

"Yep," Jessica nodded her head.

"Is she here?"

"Uh, actually she'll be here in like 15 minutes. You are?"

"Oh I'm Sunny's girlfriend."

Jessica sniggered in response. "Um, okay. Well, you can come in and wait for her if you'd like," Jessica offered as she held the door open.

"Thank you," Hyomin said with a short bow of her head before walking into the apartment. "You must be Jessica," she said looking back to the girl.

"Yeah," Jessica responded, "how'd you know?"

"Sunny mentioned one of her roommates looked a bit like me," Hyomin said, softly smiling. Jessica stepped back and took a good luck at girl, observing her features.

"Heh," Jessica chuckled, "hey guys," she called to Taeyeon and Tiffany, who had just walked into the room, "look," she placed her head right beside Hyomin's, "my long lost twin."

"Oh, would you look like that," Tiffany laughed. "Hello there," she waved to Hyomin.

"Hello," Hyomin shyly greeted her and Taeyeon with a quick bow of her head.

"So how do you know Sunny?" Jessica asked as she led Hyomin further into the apartment.

"Oh, like I said, I'm her girlfriend," Hyomin said. Jessica laughed in return.

"No seriously, do you work at the company?" Jessica asked.

Hyomin spared a confused glance between Jessica and the other girls in the room, "no, I'm really her girlfriend. I'm dating Sunny."

Jessica simply stared back at Hyomin. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously," Hyomin nodded her head. Jessica continued to blankly stare back at Hyomin before turning to Tiffany and Taeyeon.

"Does Sunny have a girlfriend?" Jessica nonchalantly asked them.

Taeyeon spared a quick glance to Tiffany. "Um, no."

"She… has a boyfriend," Tiffany said.

"Um, no," Hyomin insisted, "she has a girlfriend and that's me."

Jessica looked back at the girl bemusedly. "Are you being serious?"

-

Sunny heaved a deep sigh as she stepped out of the elevator. It was a Sunday but she was needed upon an emergency at the office, leading her to drag herself out of the comfort of her bed. It's where she had spent most of her free time the past few days, ever since that night in the park with Hyomin. It had left her agitated, stressed and incredibly miserable. She wanted to speak to Hyomin again but decided she would allow her some time. She had not even thought over what she would say to her, but Sunny knew this much, she would need to make amends soon. She could not continue going on like this anymore. She was having a harder time as it was at work and she was ready to implode.

Sunny lazily dragged her feet to the door of her apartment and pushed herself in.

"Hey," she muttered, shrugging off her jacket and tossing it aside along with her bag. "I'm gonna go lie-" Sunny stopped in her tracks when she noticed an oddity in the room. She looked to the center of the living room where she saw Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri and Sooyoung grouped together, all eyeing her worryingly. Amongst them stood another face Sunny did not expect to find but what came to her immediate notice were the tears that streamed down her face. "Hyomin?"

Hyomin stared back at Sunny, sobbing with such forlorn eyes, it left Sunny's heart racing.

"Hyomin," Sunny called out to her as she stepped forward, fearing the worst at her appearance in her apartment amongst her roommates and friends, "why are you here? What hap-"

"You're cheating on me?" Hyomin asked in a cracked voice. Sunny froze in her place. Her hands began to tremble as her heart rate increase. She looked behind to the others who all wore a frown upon their faces and said no words. Sunny looked back to Hyomin whose tears continued to fall. Sunny didn't know what Hyomin was doing here, but it seemed apparent she had found out what she wasn't meant to from the others. "Who's Sungmin?" Hyomin asked irately.

Sunny dreaded this moment from the very beginning and now she had no way out.

"I…" Sunny spoke, her voice becoming shaky, "I can explain."

But Hyomin did not want to hear any of it as she already began to march towards the door.

"Hyomin, wait!" Sunny exclaimed as she stepped in front of Hyomin, holding her by the arms to prevent her from leaving. "Please, I can explain this all," she spoke anxiously.

"Who's Sungmin?!" Hyomin demanded in a more raised tone, her eyes now showing both sorrow and anger. Sunny became fearful of Hyomin's tone. This all caught her completely off guard and she had no idea on how to react.

"He's…" Sunny stuttered. She looked back to her friends but they remained silent, anxiously watching the scene before them, knowing this was not there place to speak. It was as if her whole world was suddenly crumbling to pieces right before but she no longer had a choice, she could avoid this any further. She took a deep breath, her heart pounding furiously and urged herself to continue. "He's my boyfriend," she said in hushed tone. Upon her answer, further tears fell from Hyomin's eye and her breathing became hitched.

"You're cheating on me…" Hyomin wept.

"No! I-" Sunny paused, every single tear of Hyomin clenched at her heart, but Hyomin needed to finally know the truth. "I'm cheating on him," she finally said as tears began to form in her own eyes.

Hyomin's sobbing momentarily stopped as she registered what Sunny just told her. Where she had initially thought Sunny had betrayed her, she had in fact betrayed someone else for her. She was the other person in her relationship with a man she did not know of. In the end it was all the same to her, Sunny had lied to her. When she was not with her, she was in the arms of some other person.

"I can't believe you." Hyomin sobbed before pulling out of Sunny's hold and rushing to the door.

"Hyomin, please, wait!" Sunny cried out to her but she did not stop at her call. Hyomin left the apartment, shutting the door behind her with a resounding bang. Sunny eyes dropped to the floor, taking heavy breaths of air; once again she had let Hyomin get away, and this time she didn't know if she would come back.

She turned around to face her friends, disbelief and disappointment filled their faces. Sunny looked at Taeyeon but she only avoided her eye contact. It was clear her friends now knew of the truth as well.

Unable to face them any further, Sunny simply walked away hurriedly to her room. Upon entering, she immediately slammed the door shut and pressed her back to it. Now on her own, she became severely overwhelmed with her emotions, as if crawling from the pit of her stomach and making their way to her eyes. She dropped her face into her hand and wept her heart out.

-

At that moment I had realized I shouldn't have tried to avoid the inevitable. I could've spared them both from getting hurt had I not involved myself with Hyomin. Since I did, they were both bound to get hurt once they would discover the truth. It was mistake. It was all my fault and I didn't do a thing about it. I need to take responsibility for what I had done.

I decided to tell Sungmin and break up with him.

"Hey sweetie," Sungmin greeted Sunny as he approached her table in the café. She looked up to him but immediately ducked her head back down when he leaned down to kiss her, leaving him to only peck the top of her head. He did not pay it any mind though and simply sat down in the seat in front of her. "So what's up? You sounded worried on the phone," he said, reaching out his hand to hold onto Sunny's, but she immediately withdrew her hand which left Sungmin slightly alarmed. He waited for her to speak. "Sunny, what is it?"

Sunny deeply sighed, she did not want to have to go through this again but it was time she got this over with. "Sungmin, I've been cheating on you."

"What?" he immediately asked, it was his only initial his response to those much unexpected words.

"I've been seeing someone else for the past six months," Sunny said, holding up a weak but resolute gaze. Sungmin leaned back in his seat, taken off guard by her sudden words. He wanted to question her further, but from the distressing look in her eyes, his heart was already beginning to break.

"Sunny, what... what are you saying?" Sungmin asked hesitantly.

"I'm so sorry Sungmin. I didn't mean for this to happen but… it just did," she said. Sungmin was silent for moment, still trying to acknowledge what he was being told.

"Sunny you can’t be serious… are you?"

Sunny only responded with the tears in her eyes. Sungmin released an exasperated breath, dropping his eyes down, his world suddenly collapsing before him in these few seconds since he stepped into the building. The heated pain in his chest suddenly became that of anger and he looked up to Sunny again. "Who is he?"

"It's no one you-"

"Who is he?!"

"It's… a she,"

Sungmin blinked. "A she?"

Sunny nodded her head in response. "But, she had no idea about you," she said, feeling the need to retain Hyomin's innocence in this matter.

 "You're cheating on me with… a woman?" Overcome with too much guilt, Sunny did not respond to him any further. "Are you still seeing her?"

Sunny was not sure how to respond to this. Hyomin likely did not want to see or speak to Sunny for a while. She did not want to believe everything was over between them, but things seemed very hopeless right now.

"Not exactly… but I think we should break up," Sunny said.

Sungmin stared back at Sunny anxiously, desperately hoping for her to tell him this was all a joke, a sick joke but one he would gladly take over being the truth. He would have no such pleasure though.

He never deserved any of this. I thought I loved him and that no one could come between us… but that was no longer the case. I left him absolutely heartbroken that day; he had tears in his eyes. He was so sad and angry, he wouldn't even look at me. He walked away later, leaving me to my own misery. Nothing that had happened I didn't bring upon myself. I ended up hurting and disappointing all those I cared for.

Here I now was, sulking in office and thinking of Hyomin. A couple of weeks had passed and I've still not been able to speak with her. I'd call her everyday but she wouldn’t pick up. She eventually turned off her cell phone completely. I called her friends, who were as well angry at me, but neither would they allow me to speak to her. I missed her so much. I missed her smile, I missed how she could easily make me laugh, I missed her embrace, her kisses... I felt so lost right now.

"Hey."

Sunny looked up to see Taeyeon enter into her office. "Hey," she meekly responded. She hadn't really spoken to Taeyeon or any of the other girls since what had happened. Their disappointment in her was clear, as Sungmin was a friend to them all, but they made their attempts to try and speak with Sunny. She however rejected all their attempts; she had shut herself off from everyone, unable to bear any further confrontations. She had not even spoken to her uncle who had come to discover of what Sunny had done. Word of her breakup with Sungmin had spread in the company but thankfully not the fact that she was cheating on him. Sunny did not care right now for what others would think of her, but the last thing she wanted was for her uncle's reputation to suffer from her wrongdoings.

"How are you?" Taeyeon asked as she sat down in front of Sunny's desk. Sunny did not reply but merely diverted her gaze from Taeyeon and released a deep sigh. "Figured," Taeyeon said, offering her a soft smile.

"Have you seen Sungmin lately?" Sunny asked.

"Yeah, he's…," Taeyeon trailed off to search for the right words, "he's coping but it'll take him some time."

"He must hate me," Sunny said, "you all must hate me."

"We don't hate you Sunny."

"Tell me honestly, that you're not mad at me."

"I'm not mad, Sunny," Taeyeon said sincerely, "but I am upset that you didn't think you could come talk to me about this."

"I was just afraid how you would all react. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. I haven't exactly been the best of friend throughout this whole thing."

"No," Sunny shook her head, "you did nothing wrong. I never expected any of you to be forgiving of me."

Taeyeon reached her hand out and clutched on to Sunny's. "Tell me what happened, Sunny. Tell me everything."

Sunny took a deep breath. To this day she had yet to talk to anyone about this, she kept everything inside and it was driving her over the edge. Perhaps she should finally stop holding back.

"Everything was absolutely fine between me and Sungmin," Sunny started, "but then I met Hyomin and… everything changed," Sunny said, taking a moment to reflect on her own words.

"Go on," Taeyeon urged her.

"I just started having these feelings for her. I thought I was just going through some phase and that I would forget about her but I didn't. I couldn't help but to think about her everyday and just want to be with her," Sunny told her.

"Why didn't you tell us about her?"

"I've never been attracted to a girl before so that it kind of bothered me at first. I was afraid about how you would all react to it."

"Sunny we love you," Taeyeon told her, "you should've known we wouldn't have cared whether you chose to be with a boy or girl."

"I should've realized that, though I already made the mistake of involving myself with her while I was still with Sungmin. I knew one of them was going to end up hurt, I just didn't think both would."

"Do you love her?"

Sunny looked up to Taeyeon at her sudden question, there was that word again that would cause to dry. She knew she no longer felt anything for Sungmin, she would not have broken up with him if she knew things could've been worked out. After all this, was it that she truly loved Hyomin?

"I-"

"Sunny," a voice interrupted. Sunny looked up to see Jessica's head poking through the door. "Your uncle wants to see you," she said. Sunny sighed, it was the moment she was dreading. She took a deep gulp and stood up.

"I'll be back later," she told Taeyeon as she walked around her desk.

"Sunny," Taeyeon called as she stood up and held Sunny by her arm. "Listen, if you want to be with Hyomin… then you should," she said. Sunny was surprised to hear her words; the shock clear in her face, having all this time feared her friends' dissatisfaction in her. It immediately gave her a sense of comfort and washed away her anxiety. In this dire time where she felt so helpless, all Sunny really needed was the support of her best friend.

A wide grin broke out onto Sunny's face, "thank you, Taeyeon," she said to her. Taeyeon pulled Sunny towards her and hugged her tightly. "No matter what, we always love you," she said before pulling back. Sunny smiled brightly Taeyeon, the hug having rejuvenated her spirits for now. She made her way to the door where Jessica stood waiting.

"You're still kinda an idiot," she said poking Sunny on her head. She then pulled her in to hug as well.

"Thanks," she smiled, hugging the girl tightly. She stepped back from Jessica, offering one last smile to her two friends before making her way to her uncle's office.

-

"Sunny are you even listening to me?"

"Not really," Sunny nonchalantly responded, drumming her fingers over the arm rest of her chair, eyes wandering over the carpet, not caring for her uncle's lecture at the moment. Lee Soo Man sat down on his chair behind his desk and looked at Sunny unhappily.

"What's going on with you Sunny?" he asked her. "Your performance has been so inconsistent lately and then I find out you've been cheating on Sungmin, with a woman at that!"

Sunny averted her uncle's gaze momentarily before making eye contact again. "Yep," she said casually.

"I expected better from you Sunny."

"Well maybe you expect too much from me."

"I expect what anyone would of a girl like you."

"And that's why you're gonna be left disappointed like you are now," Sunny said, returning her uncle's stoic gaze.

"What are you saying, Sunny?"

"Uncle, I'm just… tired really," she told him. "You know I always knew I was going to have a future in this corporation but I'm still so young and you push all these expectations and pressure on me-"

"I never mean to pressure you, Sunny," Lee Soo Man interrupted her.

"But you do!" Sunny retorted, finally letting off the steam she never could before. "And I can't handle it, I can't keep going on like this!"

Lee Soo Man was taken aback by his niece's sudden exclamation. "You don't want to be a part of this company?"

"I'm not saying that but," Sunny paused for a moment, "but I was really given much of a choice either, you know?"

The elderly man folded his hands in front of his face, taking his niece's words seriously after seeing the deep sincerity in her eyes. He had never thought Sunny was under so much strain, he had always imagined her capable of many things. What he failed to realize was that she had her limits just like anyone else. It was never his intent to burden her though; he did after all love his niece very much.

"What is it you would want?"

"I just want to breathe a little!" Sunny exasperatedly said. She let out a heavy breath and leaned back her in seat. Her uncle lowered his gaze from her and took the younger girl's words into consideration. In silence they remained, the tension thickening with each passing second. "I'm really sorry I disappointed you," she said genuinely.

"I am sorry if I made things difficult for you," her responded. "Go home for now. Take some time off."

"Really?" Sunny asked, not expecting to be dismissed so easily.

"Really. I will take care of everything here," Lee Soo Man said as she lowered his eyes to his desk, and began busying himself in his work. Seeing the dire state of his niece, Lee Soo Man decided she deserved a long rest for the time being.

Sunny thought it over for a moment but decided to accept his offer, she was in no condition to be of any efficiency in her state these days anyhow. Sunny lifted herself up from her seat and made her way to the door.

"One thing though, Sunny," her uncle called. Sunny stopped in her track and turned midway to address her uncle. "I want to talk about this later but for now, tell me, was it really a woman you were seeing?" he asked.

Sunny averted her eyes from her uncle's. "Yes," she answered.

"Who is she?"

Sunny thought for the right words before responding to her uncle.

"She's very important to me," was all Sunny said before leaving her uncle's office, not allowing him to question her any further. She felt a burdened lifted off her shoulders, having finally confronted her uncle and even speaking to Taeyeon earlier. There was more she needed to do but right now, she was relieved.

As she made her way down the corridor, her cell phone rung, alerting her of an incoming message. She took out her cell phone and did a double take over the name on the screen. She quickly opened the message to read.

Eunjung
Hyomin's taking that internship in the US. She's leaving today. I still hate you but thought you should know.

At that moment, I finally she knew what it was I felt for Hyomin.

Sunny did not waste a single second and broke into a sprint.

-

Hyomin dropped her bags into the trunk of the car. With each step she took, each preparation she made to leave her home for another country, her heart grew heavy. Hyomin did not truly wish to leave Korea, but she needed desperately to get away, especially from everything that reminded her of Sunny. She was left so deeply wounded by the girl whom she thought had cared for her. Hyomin chided herself for having grown so attached to Sunny, for loving her so much yet having her heart ripped out in the end.

Hyomin fought back the tears that threatened to leave her eyes at the thought of the short haired brunette. She admitted it, she still loved her, and that's what made this all even harder. Her thoughts kept going back to all the memories they made, every moment they spent together, every kiss they shared, to when they first met. Was everything she so deeply believed in a lie?

Hyomin's thoughts were interrupted when she heard a car pull up behind her. She turned around and silently gasped when she saw Sunny step out from the car. Where she was earlier reflecting how she still loved the girl, she was no overcome with anger once again.

"Hyomin!" Sunny called to her but she turned away from her and resumed her earlier task. "Hyomin!" Sunny called to her again as she ran to her side and grabbed her arm. "Hyomin, listen to me-"

"What are you doing here?" Hyomin coldly asked as she snatched her arm away from Sunny and threw her in her last bag into the trunk.

"Hyomin don't leave!" Sunny desperately said to her but Hyomin would not even look at her. She shut the trunk with a loud slam and walked around Sunny.

"Hyomin wait!" Sunny exclaimed as she grabbed Hyomin's arm again and spun her around. "I don't want to you to leave," she said looking up to her with pitiful eyes.

"Do you really expect me to just forgive you for what you did to me and run back into your arms?" Hyomin questioned.

Yes…

"No, I don't expect anything from you but please Hyomin, don't leave!" Sunny cried. Hyomin turned away from Sunny again, pulling her arm back as she made her way to the driver's seat of the car. "Hyomin, I'm so sorry for what I did! I never wanted to hurt you! I… what are you doing?" Sunny asked as Hyomin opened the driver's side door.

"I'm leaving to the US," Hyomin said as she sat down into the car.

"No, Hyomin, you can't drive."

"I learned while you were with your boyfriend!" Hyomin yelled as she slammed the door shut.

"He's not my boyfriend anymore!" Sunny shouted back as she stepped up to the car door. "Hyomin, I broke up with him!" she shouted, looking through the closed window. Hyomin looked up to Sunny, surprised to hear what she just did. "I want to be with you, Hyomin," Sunny said, her eyes glistening.

Hyomin felt herself weaken, staring back into Sunny's eyes. How she longed to be with Sunny as well but did she really mean it? Or was it all another ruse?

"How do I know you're not lying to me?!" Hyomin retorted.

"I swear to you Hyomin, I'm not lying!"

Hyomin did not want to hear anymore and started up her car.

"No, Hyomin, please wait!" Sunny shouted as the vehicle began moving, much to her surprise as Hyomin really did not know how to drive, or so she thought. "Hyomin!!" Sunny yelled as she knocked on the window but Hyomin would not pay any attention to her. Not wanting to let her get away, again, as if her body moved on its own, she quickly ran to the front of the car causing Hyomin to immediately step on the brakes.

"Sunny!" Hyomin shouted, her heart having skipped a beat when Sunny suddenly appeared before the car, God forbid she would've hit her. She rolled down her window so that their voices could reach one another.

"Get out of the car!" Sunny yelled.

"Get out of the way!" Hyomin yelled back.

"I'm not moving until you get out of the car!" Sunny yelled again. The two became locked into a heated stare. Hyomin then shifted the car into reverse to slightly move back and try to maneuver around Sunny. As she attempted to do so, Sunny simply moved into the car's way again. Hyomin tried to maneuver around her again but Sunny stepped into her way once more. Hyomin grunted and tried one more time but Sunny still persisted and would not let her pass. Abruptly, Hyomin's emotions started getting the best of her and she began to choke up, perhaps from the sight of Sunny's strong will to not let her leave.

"Sunny, get out of the way!" Hyomin shouted in a cracked voice. Sunny shook her head and stood her ground.

"I'm not letting you leave!" Sunny shouted. Hyomin reversed the car one more time and speedily tried to move around Sunny again. Sunny made to move in front of the car yet again, "Hyomin, I love-AH!" Sunny yelled as the car collided into her knee and she fell backwards. Hyomin gasped and jammed up her foot over the brake, her heart having stopped when Sunny disappeared from her view. She immediately unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Sunny!" Hyomin called out for the fallen girl as she ran to the front of the car where she found Sunny seated on the ground, clutching her left knee. "I'm so sorry! It was an accident!" Hyomin wailed as she knelt down beside Sunny and inspected her knee.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Sunny assured her. "Hyomin, please," Sunny reached a hand up to turn Hyomin's face towards hers, "I'm begging you, please don't leave me," she said as the tears began flowing down her eyes as she tenderly stared back into Hyomin's own teary ones. "I love you," Sunny finally said. Hyomin's eyes grew wide in shock at Sunny's sudden words and her heart rate increased. "I love you so much," Sunny repeated. Having finally spoken those three words, she felt a huge weight lifted off her shoulder and she knew without a doubt, she truly meant it. "I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. I never wanted to hurt you. I'm sorry I never told you about Sungmin, I just… I just never expected to fall in love you with you," Sunny spoke, weeping her heart out to Hyomin as she lightly caressed her cheek.

Hyomin had never seen Sunny cry like this before, she had in fact never seen Sunny cry at all and it tore at her very being to see Sunny like this. Not wanting for her to see her own tears, Hyomin looked down to Sunny's knee and examined it. "Does it hurt that bad?" she choked.

Sunny sniffled. "It's not my knee that hurts," she said. Hyomin looked back up to Sunny and unable to control herself any longer, she let her tears fall. She did not want to be hurt again but she could finally see it in Sunny's eye, the love she thought was never there before.

"I need you Hyomin, so badly. I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you but please Hyomin, please," Sunny begged as she leaned her head forward against Hyomin's, "don't leave me, Hyomin," she pleaded.

Hyomin did not let her speak any further as she leaned forward and pressed her lips to Sunny's into a passionate kiss. Sunny cupped Hyomin's face into her hands and deepened their kiss, pouring every bit of love she had for this girl into it, both their tears never stopping. All the pain they both carried inside completely diminished as they fervently kissed each other. After a long moment, the two pulled back and Hyomin reached up to wipe Sunny's teary cheeks.

"I love you too," Hyomin said, a joyous smile breaking onto her face as she sniffled. Sunny smiled back at the girl and pulled her back into another kiss, wrapping her arms over her shoulders. Hyomin wrapped her arms around Sunny, leaning further into the kiss and eventually toppling her to the ground. Sunny laughed but continued to kiss the girl over her. Suddenly everything felt right, for all the misery she endured, all the wrong she had done to her life; she finally had all she needed.

"What are you two doing?"

The two girls ended their kiss and looked up to find Eunjung staring down at the two. They both giggled up at the girl who cocked an eyebrow at them.

"Um," Hyomin glanced back at her car, "checking my tires?" she giggled again.

"And she has a flat," Sunny smiled up to Eunjung, "so she won't be able to make it to the airport."

"Yeah," Hyomin said, smiling down at Sunny and nuzzling her nose.

"Oh, ok," Eunjung said. "You left behind your ticket anyways, Hyomin."

Hyomin looked up to see Eunjung holding up one airplane ticket. "…oh," she uttered as Sunny heartily laughed. Sunny then took a deep breath and lovingly looked up at Hyomin.

"Hyomin?" she called to her.

"Yes?" Hyomin smiled back down at Sunny.

"Get off my knee now, please. You're killing me."

"Sorry!"