604800 seconds: Our Own Fairytale Ending

604800 seconds

 

 


"Nice job, Jinyoung!"

"Another award! Congrats, Jinyoung-ah!"

"Hyung! You're really the jjang!" 

"Oppa, you look so cool! Congratulations!"

 

 

Everyone congratulates him for winning yet another award for the recent solo dance competition.
He's the dancing prince, Park Jinyoung.
"Kamsahamnida! Thanks!" Jinyoung smiled brightly at everyone in his university like he usually does. 


At the other side of the cafeteria, she could only look at him with proud but sad eyes. 
She was, again, WAS his princess. 
Jang Seohyun.

 

Although she wanted to be by his side and tell him that he was the best and all,
she could never take back the acid-like words she told him that night when she decided to put
an end to their beatiful fairytale.

 

--

 

A teary-eyed Jinyoung sincerely held her hand and whispered in a hoarse voice, 
"Why? Why are you doing this Seohyun-ah?" 


"I-I'm tired..." Seohyun couldn't even continue her words for her heart is in . 
"I'm tired of a boring and p-plain relationship like this, Park."

 

She spat his last name venomously to make her reasons more believable, or else,
Jinyoung will see right through her and she will never be able to let go. 


His tears fell, and her heart broke. 
"Y-You're lying..." He sobbed. "Y-You love me. And I love you.."

 

His words strucked her like lightning but it didn't do much for her to falter. 
It only made her more determined. He has a bright future without her. 


"Stop deluding yourself that we have a perfect, fairy-tale-like relationship, Park Jinyoung!" She yelled, 
her heart pounding loudly on her chest. "Because.... that would be fooling yourself! This relationship is
a-all about you! AND JUST YOU! This..." She again trailed off biting her lip to stop her tears. "This is all a big..."

 

 

"mistake."

 

--

 

Remembering that night where they had spent moments drenched in the rain,
breaking each other's hearts, her eyes stung with tears.
She can't help but to be very sad about the end of a relationship she valued so much. 

 

Her eyes travelled back to Jinyoung and something peculiar happened right before her eyes. 
Jinyoung clamped a hand to his mouth and clutched his stomach. And ran to the Males' Comfort Room.

With no much thought, she stood up from her table, leaving a half eaten lunch
and ran hurriedly to the Males' Comfort Room.
Her heart was beating loudly against her chest as she reached the door. 


She exhaled and opened the door. 


Her eyes met the eyes of the man she truly love who has a drenched face and wet hands, leaning over the sink.

She sighed and thought mentally. 'God damn dramas. I'm over-reacting.' 

 

 

She turned away and whispered 'sorry' under her breath. 
But two arms stopped her from going anywhere, hugging her in the process. 


"Give me a few minutes then go. Please, Seohyun. I just...." His voice full of sorrow. "I just need you now."

He sounds broken. Yes, his heart is still broken. 

She gulped and gripped his arm, "No, Park. Let me go."

 

"Then give me 604800 seconds. And I'll forever disappear. Just give me those seconds. Please." He begged her as he started to cry. 
Her heart finally froze to the sound of him, crying. Her heart melted.

 

 

 

 

And with a heavy heart, she nodded, "Okay. 604800 seconds. A week. And we're done." 

 

--

(( 1st 86,400 seconds ))

 

Seohyun walked out of her room fully-dressed for school and ready to go.
When she climbed down the stairs, she was surprised that there in their living room was
Jinyoung and her mom talking and laughing. 

 

And then she remembered, "Ah, 604800 seconds." She whispered and continued to walk down.

 

 

"Good Morning, Mom." She kissed her mom's cheek.
She turned to Jinyoung and smiled, "Hey, Jinyoungie." 


Jinyoung smiled brightly at her and said, "Good Morning to you too, babe."


Hearing his endearment for her, again her heart yearned to hug him. 
It's so hard to let go of someone you loved fully and truly. 

 

 

Seohyun's mom sighed. "And now, you guys are back together. You don't know
how much this makes me happy." 

Seohyun's sad eyes turned to her mom. She didn't know.
Only Seohyun knows what situation she was in. 

 

 

Seohyun was the only one who works to make a living in the family. 
She has her mom and a younger brother to feed and support. 
Ever since her father died and her mother became limp, she became the family's main supporter.


And everyday was a hard day for her. 
Until she finally saw the job she has now....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her job was to be a e.

 


Every night, different guys touches her. And although she hates it so much 
she wanted to just commit suicide. She can't. Because she has two mouths to feed.
And she never wanted Jinyoung's name, the name of the guy she wanted all her life, connected to
a dirty e who gives her body to people to earn money. 


Her family didn't know. They thought she was working as a Midnight-shift library clerk. 
That's why she always gets home late. 


"I'm very happy about this too, Mom." She whispered and forced a smile.
Finally, Jinyoung got up and wrapped an arm around Seohyun's shoulder.

"I believe we need to go, Auntie. We're going to be late." He said politely. 


"Okay. Take care kids." Seohyun's smiled. 


And they were off to school.

 

 


As they walk the hallways of their school, Jinyoung slipped his hand to hers and squeezed.
Seohyun turned to look at him and smiled. She squeezed his hand back.
'This... will be the last time.' She thought. '518400 seconds to go' 

 

 

And finally after a long silence and just walking, Jinyoung breaks the ice with a shocking statement.
"Let's skip class." He said to her with a grin.

 

 

Jinyoung was one of the school jjangs. He never liked being late, never liked skipping class.
So, this is the first time he ever told her such things.

Without waiting for her answer, he pulled her with him up the stairs which leads them to the rooftop. 
As they walk through the door and into the rooftop, she heard him sigh.


"This is our first time here, right?" Jinyoung asked her.
"Yup. You never like this place." She replied and with a small smile.
"Well, let me tell you something." He said as he pulled her to him. Giving her a back hug.

 


"Ever since we broke up. This has been my silent sanctuary." He whispered to her ear. "A silent sanctuary for the sad prince."

 

--

 

(( The last 86,400 seconds ))

 

The days went by so fast that Seohyun regretted everything. 
She wanted to just tell him what she does and let him understand why she was doing it.


 

She wanted to just stay with him and hug him all the time. 

 


And so, she finally decided to be selfish. In the name of love. 
She went to school early so that she could ask him to give her sometime to explain things to him.
But.....

 

He wasn't in school. 

 

He's absent in every class. She didn't know what to do and she just sent him a text message saying 'We need to talk.'
But there was no response. 


She was so anxious that she couldn't even concentrate in class. 
Finally, when the classe ended, she hurriedly ran to Jinyoung's house.




But when she got there, she was welcomed by a crying maid who didn't even say anything
and just let her walk in and pointed at Jinyoung's room.

Curious, she walked up the stairs and opened Jinyoung's room.
It was of course the same as the last time she saw it. 

Full of their pictures pasted on his blue walls. His bed, made neatly. 
But there was something awfully wrong about the room.


The thing that wasn't there before was bottles of pills and medicines thrashed around the room.
There were hundreds of them but none of them were opened.
She picked up one of them and read what was it for.


"Gastric Cancer... Treatment?" 

 

 

Her eyes widened and she looked around the room with a empty heart. 
And there on top of his bedside table was a paper.
With his necklace on top of it. 



She took the paper. 
And saw that it was a letter...... for her. 


She read the letter that broke her heart into million pieces. 

 

 

 

Date: February 13, 2014 
Time: 11:17pm

 

Seohyun-ah, 

                     It's me Jinyoung. Hmm. When you read this I'm probably gone. Kkkkkk. Life is cruel isn't it? But... I think I was lucky enough to have met you in this miserable life. First things first, I want to tell you that I know why you broke up with me.  You're a protistute. 
But... I just want to say, so what? You're supporting your family. And I don't have anything to go against those decisions you have made. But Yes I was hurt when you never tried to explain these things to me but I realized a few things lately. I'm also sorry for keeping some very important things from you. I have a disease that was discovered late and I have no choice but to wait for my limit. And tomorrow was my last day. I was so happy when you accepted my challenge to be with you for 604800. At least I get to spend my last days with you right? Kkkkkkkk. Please promise me you'd be making yourslef happy when I'm gone. You deserve so much better, Seohyun. Find your fortune, find success, find the love that lasts. I love you so much. So much I could die. Well, that's an understatement, kkkk, because when you read this I'm probably dead. You may think I'm crazy for writing a letter that has a depressing message but wrote it in a funny way. Sorry. Again. :) And please promise me, you'll be happy. Thank you for making my last 604800 worth it. 

Love, 
Park Jinyoung.


PS: In my own fairytale, you were never an excess character. Because you always were my princess, and I 
have always tried to be the prince. For me, we don't need a fairytale ending. For we already had a fairytale-like love.