Happy Valentine's Day, my Hae ..

Happy Valentine's Day, my Hae ..

Valentine’s day..

I let go a big sigh. Why would people made big deal out of it? What’s so special about that day anyway? Lovers go out and celebrate it, so what? I mean, we can do that on any other day, right? So what’s so special about it?

But ….

Who am I kidding? I yank myself to the bed and close my eyes. I wanna go out too like any other normal lovers do on that day. I was just being jealous. But I’m not normal. We’re not normal. We wouldn’t dare to spend that special day by going out to public places without afraid being seen. It’s the price we’ve got to pay for being celebrities. Not to mention gay one.

I curl myself on the bed, trying to seek comfort. But nothing as comforting as being in Hyukjae’s arms. I miss Hyukjae. I really do. I wish he was here with me. But he has schedule and won’t be back to Korea before Valentine’s day. It means we won’t be together again for valentine’s day, just like last year. I was so depressed last year since I had filming schedule non stop during Valentine’s week. And I feel sorry for Hyukjae that he had to spend Valentine’s day at the Gym, alone. I remember he even tweet that. My poor Hyukjae.  Oh, why life can be this unfair?

It’s either I have schedule or Hyukjae. It’s always like that between us on almost every special event in our life. Sometimes I wish I was just an ordinary guy who had a simple life. I can enjoy myself with the boy friend whom I love so much without being worry some media or fans tailing us. I’m sure some of our fans already well aware that Hyukjae and I have a special relationship, but that doesn’t make us do anything freely, does it? Everything about us is secret. Although it’s fun sometimes, but it makes me sick of it numerous time too.

I was about to fell asleep when suddenly my phone ringing. It’s Hyukjae. I smile so wide just by reading his name on the screen.

“Hyukjae!” I shout happily. I hear him chuckle. That voice! How I miss it so much.

“Baby, you haven’t sleep, have you?”

“I can’t sleep. I was waiting for you to call me.” I say, making my voice sound a bit sad. “How’s Hongkong?”

“Hongkong is fine.” He said. “But I’m not.”

“Oh? What happen?” I instantly sit on my bed. “Are you alright, Hyukjae? Are you sick?”

I hear Hyukjae chuckle on the line. It makes me frown. I was worry and he laughed at me. Seriously!

“I’m fine, baby. You worry too much. I’m just ..”

“Just what?”

“I’m just feeling a bit lonely.” He says. It makes my heart sink. “I miss you so much.”

“Oh..” I bit my lower lip right after. I don’t want people to see me grinning like idiot. But wait, no one here so why would I prevent it anyway. So yeah I grinned like idiot. I’m just too happy to know that my boyfriend misses me. “I miss you too, Hyukjae.”

“Is everything alright with you?”

“Yeah sure. I don’t have schedule today, or tomorrow. I guess I’ll be stay at home on valentine’s day.” I say, put a little tone on the word valentine. I wanna know how he would react.

“Oh Donghae, I have to go. Filming will start soon.”

What?!! He’s not even …. I am mad!!

“Hae, listen. Can you go out and stop by at the bakery in an hour and pick up a cake for me? I promise Peter to buy him a cake. He will stop by at our apartment to pick it up later. I already call eomma to prepare the cake. It should be ready by now. Can you please, baby?”

“Can’t he pick it up at TLJ by himself?” I ask, sound annoyed but I don’t care. How could he ask me to pick up something for someone else instead for me? Is he serious?

“He can’t. He’s working on our comeback album, remember? Beside it’s too far for him to go to TLJ, it’s easy for him to pick up at our apartment. He has to go back to the studio right after.”

Oh and it’s my problem if the studio is too far from TLJ??! Ugh I’m so mad!! There’s no way I’m gonna go and pick up that cake for Peter!!

“Hae? Are you listening?”

“Yeah, ok. I’ll go now.” I say faintly. I can’t believe I said yes. But it’s Hyukjae anyway, I can’t say no to him. I love him that much!

“Ok thank you, baby. I have to go. Be good while I’m gone. I love you.”

“Ok, I love you too.”

 


 

I arrive at TLJ exactly at 9.m. I enter the bakery after making sure there’s no one recognize me. I go straight to the counter and Sora noona is there to greet me.

“Donghae, you’re here.” She chirp happily. I give her a bow and a hug. “Are you here for the cake?”

“Yes, Hyukjae asked me to pick up a cake for Peter.” I say, trying my best to smile and not looking too sour. “Where’s eomma?”

“At the back. Go right in. I’ll prepare the cake.”

So I go to kitchen to find Hyukjae’s eomma. She is a little bit busy talking to some of the staffs there. So I just stand and wait for her to notice my presence.

“Donghae!” She calls out. She smiles when she sees me. I bow at her and she hugs me tightly. Hyukjae’s eomma never fail to makes me welcome. She always hug me and treat me like I’m his own son. Son in law in my case *cough*. She knows about me and Hyukjae of course and I feel grateful because we have her blessing.

“You look more and more handsome each time I see you.” She complements me. “But you look a bit skinny. How many time do I have to ask you to take care of yourself well? Go sit there and wait for me.”

I bow my head and do as she says. I sit on a chair there right in the corner and wait for her. Few minutes later she’s back with a big slice of cake in her hand.

“Have this.” She says, shoving a big spoonful of cake to my mouth. I back off a little, I don’t feel like having a cake right now. I’m too upset actually.

“Eomma, I’m full. I’ve ate.”

“Nonsense!” She says, keep trying to shove the cake to my mouth. “I know you haven’t eat dinner. Now open your mouth before I’m angry!”

So I take the cake before she gets a chance to blink. She looks happy feeding me. Some of the staffs are actually giggling seeing Hyukjae’s mother feeding me. I just smile at them, hoping that this will be over very soon.

“Do you like the cake?” She says as she wipes my lips with a napkin. “This is a new cake. I hope the sell will be good.”

I nod. The cake is actually really really delicious. I’m not sure if it’s the cake itself that delicious or it is delicious because Hyukjae’s eomma feeding it to me with such love. Either way it makes my mood better. I feel happy.

“It’s very good, eomma.” I complement her. “Thank you.”

“So how are things between you and Hyukjae?” she asks casually. I almost chocked. Her question caught me by surprise.

“Everything’s fine, eomma.”

“That boy is always busy.” She says. “I hardly see him. He’s so busy making money he forgot his own mother.”

“No, eomma. Don’t think like that. He always remember you, he wanted to see you all the time.” I says, trying to cheer her up. “Our schedule is really tight lately. I will make sure he sees you after our schedule done. I promise.”

“You’re such a good boy, Donghae.” She smiles. “Our Hyukjae did a great job picking a future son in law for me.”

That’s it. I chocked. I cough badly after hearing that. I was too overwhelmed by what she said. That was the first time she mention me as her future son in law. It made my heart flutter and so very happy.

“Eat slowly!” She shouts, shoving a glass of water for me to drink, which I finished in a second. I don’t know what to say to her and suddenly I feel awkward. Thank God Sora noona step into the kitchen and safe the day.

“Here’s the cake, Donghae.” She says, placing a big box in front of me, all wrap up so neat and nicely. I can’t even take a peek. “Specially made!”

Specially made? Ugh I’m gonna strangle Hyukjae and Peter right after. What’s with the two anyway?! All of sudden Hyukjae gave him a “specially made” cake just for him and didn’t even bother to get me anything. I am so gonna have a word with Hyukjae once he’s home.

“Ok noona, thank you. I better get going.”

“Have fun, ok?” She says happily. “Enjoy your valentine’s day.”

“But I’m going to be alone in valentine’s day.” I pout. “I’m not even going out. I even have to stay home and wait for Peter to pick up the cake.”

“Oh so this cake is for Peter?” Sora noona asks with a weird smile on her face. “Ok then, have fun waiting for Peter at home.”

What? I can’t even… Noona why are you so cruel?

I officially hate valentine’s day!

 


 

I arrive at our empty apartment an hour later. I put the cake on the table and stare at it with a murderous stare. I feel like smashing that cake to the floor and dance on it. But that would be childish although I’m sure it will be fun. So no, I didn’t do that. I leave it peacefully on the table.

It’s 10pm now. 2 more hours to valentine’s day and here I am. All alone and highly annoyed. I still can’t believe that I had to go and pick up a cake for someone else. Lee Hyukjae, how could you do this to me? I dipped myself to the sofa and turn on the tv.

Looks like even the TV doesn’t care about how I feel. All channels are airing something about valentine’s day. I hate this. I wanna call Hyukjae and beg him to come home. I want him to be here with me. I want him to hug me with his strong arms. I wanna feel his lips on mine and make love to him all night. I want my valentine’s day with Hyukjae!!

But that’s not gonna happen. He’s mile away in foreign country doing his job while I’m here, pathetically frustrated, watching cartoon on TV, ALONE.

 


 

I groan at the annoying sound. Slowly I open my eyes. My head is spinning because of sudden woke up. I guess I was fell asleep while watching cartoon. I gaze at my wrist and see the time. It was 11.55pm.

My damn phone is ringing like crazy. I see the screen and Hyukjae’s name is there. I don’t feel like picking up. I’m still upset. But the ringing sound is so annoying. So I decide to pick it up.

“Hae?” I hear him call my name in worry tone. But I don’t care. I just mumble a short “Hmm”

“Baby, were you sleeping?”

“I’m wide awake now.” I says coldly.

“I’m sorry I wake you up.” He says. “You need to wake up or other wise you will miss it.”

I frowned. “Miss what?”

“Look at the window.” Hyukjae says. “Happy Valentine’s day.”

Soon as he said it, suddenly lights fill up the sky. There are lights everywhere. Fireworks!! They’re so beautiful. My jaw drop to my knees seeing it. Tears suddenly fill up my eyes.

“Hae, are you there?”

“Hyukjae, fireworks!” I shouted. “So beautiful! I wish you were here with me watching it. They’re so pretty and the sky become so bright.”

“Do you like it?”

“You.. you did that?” I start to cry. “The fireworks, those are for me? You did that?”

“Just for my baby.” Hyukjae says with a soft and loving voice. “ I hope you like it.”

“Hyukjae..” my voice crack. Damn I don’t wanna cry. But this is so sweet. He did that for me. Only God and Hyukjae knows how he did what he did but it makes me happy and sad at the same time. I guess I already forget my plan to strangle him. No way. Not after this. Unconsciously I pick up a frame on the desk by the window with Hyukjae’s picture in it and hold it against my chest. How I wish him to be here right now.

“Baby, are you crying?” Hyukjae asks. I guess he heard me sobbing. “Hae, are you alright?”

“I’m.. I’m ok.” I say, trying hard to suppress my voice so it won’t cracking up. “This is beautiful, Hyuk. Thank you. Thank you.. I love you. I love you so very very much.”

“I’m glad you like it.”

“I love it. This is wonderful. If only …” I stop for a moment. The tears won’t stop falling and it made everything blur. “If only you were here.”

Suddenly the door of our apartment open and my heart jolt.

“Be careful with what you wish, Hae.” He says. “It may come true.”

There he is, standing by the door with his luggage on his left hand and a phone on his right hand. He smiles when he sees me. He’s home! Lee Hyukjae is home.

So I run to him. I literally crash myself to him. I hug him tightly. I don’t want to let him go. So I keep squeezing and just cry on his shoulder. He rubs my back in a very loving manner and shush me to stop crying.

“I’m home.” He says. “Stop crying, ok?”

“I can’t..” I say honestly.

“Why not?“

“Because you’re here. I can’t believe it! I was so upset earlier. I thought you forgot to wish me happy valentine’s day. I was mentioning earlier when you call me but you didn’t even bother to say something about it. And then you asked me to pick up the cake for Peter and I was really mad! How could you care about Peter and buy him something while you didn’t get anything for me. But then that happen.” I point out at the Firework outside our apartment. “And then you’re here and I feel really really guilty.”

“Guilty?” Hyukjae’s eyebrows taunt together, not understanding my ranting. “What do you mean, baby?”

“I feel guilty because I think bad about you.” I cry harder. “I even plan to strangle you… and Peter.”    

“Oh..” Hyukjae instantly rub his neck and it makes me feel more guilty.

“I’m sorry, Hyuk.” I plead. “I’m so sorry. I should know better.”

Hyukjae pull me back into his embrace and I feel warm. I feel so secure and safe, I feel love.

“It’s ok, Hae. I’m sorry too. I had to lie to you earlier because I want to make a surprise for you. When I called you, I was at the dorm already. I left Hongkong in the morning and I asked everyone not to tell you that I’m back. The cake is for you, not for Peter. I thought you’re gonna take a peek.”

“I didn’t. I was too upset.”

Hyukjae pushes my body slightly so he can see me. I love the feeling when his thumb brushing softly against my cheek to wipe away my tears. I smile shyly when he slips his hand on my neck because I know exactly what he’s going to do. He tilts his head as he moves closer and I just close my eyes and waiting those plump lips touch mine.

He kisses me softly and tenderly. My heart is racing and pounding shamelessly. I don’t care if he could hear my frantic heart.  I miss his kisses. I miss him and this is like a dream come true. It is a dream come true. Finally I get a chance to celebrate Valentine’s day with my dearest boyfriend just like any normal couple would. Maybe even better. I got the firework all for me. Now how many of your man can give you something so extra ordinary like that? Aren’t you envy me now?

“I love you, Hae.” He says softly. “I’m sorry for not always being here for you at almost all important occasion. We both know how crazy our schedules are. But please understand me one thing, that I always remember you. You’re always in my thoughts and in my heart. Don’t ever forget that.”

“And you’re always in mine too.” I say with all my heart. “Thank you, for this wonderful surprise. Thank you for your love. I love you so very much. Happy Valentine’s day, Hyuk.”

“I love you too.” He says as he peck my lips. “Happy Valentine’s day, my Hae..”

The fireworks are still flashing outside our windows, while I’m peacefully wrapped by the arms of my dearest love of my life.

It’s perfect.

 


Author note :

HAPPY LOVE'S DAY GUYS ^^