Final

Of Colors and Shirts and Valentines Day

ANNOUNCEMENT

Wash day on Friday!
(admin, professors and students)
Please wear the color of your choice:

RED. In a relationship.
PINK. Single but happy.
GREEN. It’s complicated.
BLUE. Lonely and looking for somebody.
Yellow. Heart-broken

Strictly NO SCHOOL UNIFORM ALLOWED.

 

Jongin and Chanyeol stood perplexed in front of the bulletin board where the announcement was posted in bright colorful letters. Some of the students who were already notified of the rule yesterday were busy discussing what shirt color they were supposed to wear tomorrow while most of the girls were already gossiping about their own dilemmas as well. Jongin even swore he saw Sehun fidget on his place while seated on one of the lobby’s chair.

“So what color are you wearing tomorrow?”

Chanyeol’s voice was a hushed whisper but there was a manic glint on the taller’s eyes as he looked down at Jongin and it was unnerving him how his hyung seemed to be so excited at the prospect of revealing his relationship status to everyone inside the campus.

“You’re not seriously going to follow this, are you hyung?”

“Why not?” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, glancing one more time at the announcement plastered in the middle of the board. “It sounds like fun.”

“It sounds like fun but it isn’t fun.” Jongin bit back, a scowl forming on his lips as his eyes scour for something – or someone.

“Kyungsoo’s in class.” Someone whispered behind Jongin making the male jump around in surprise.

“How many times do I have to tell you to not sneak up on me like that!” Jongin whined as he shot a glare on Chanyeol’s direction. “Control your boyfriend hyung!”

Jongin’s slight tantrum only seemed to fuel Chanyeol’s motherly instinct as he coos at Jongin from the side before greeting Baekhyun with his usual clinginess.

“Wanna know what color Kyungsoo will wear tomorrow?” Baekhyun cheerfully asked, voice too high for Jongin’s liking but he still found himself leaning closer. “Green.”

“Green. Why green?” Jongin blinked in confusion, mouth suddenly getting dry at the thought of Kyungsoo being in a relationship but is secretly hiding it from everyone. What if he already likes someone and Jongin was pining after him for nothing? What if –

“Don’t fry your brain over something as simple as that Jongin.”

“Simple? That’s simple?” Jongin’s voice was getting higher and some of the students were actually starting to stare at them. “Hyung! That isn’t simple at all!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol only wore matching amused expressions on their face as Jongin fumed in irritation, cheeks flushed in exasperation before turning around and walking swiftly back to gym.

“You both aren’t my friends.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What the hell is black supposed to mean?”

The screech that Baekhyun made was enough to catch the attention of all the students inside the class as Jongin walked in wearing a black fitted shirt. He was, in all actuality, wearing all black and it was effectively making Baekhyun turn as red as his shirt in annoyance.

“It means I am mourning for the loss of my true love.” Jongin deadpanned when he finally reached the seat beside Baekhyun. His eyes were blank as his expression as he plopped down on the chair and started scribbling like a lovesick teenager on the desk. Technically, he was a lovesick teenager but Baekhyun was too pissed to actually be sarcastic.

“Well you could just wear yellow and be normal like us.”

“Yellow’s gay hyung. I prefer to keep my manliness intact as I go down the path of loneliness.”

The words were uttered with so much bitterness Baekhyun just stood there and gaped at Jongin before breathing out a sigh and ruffling the younger’s hair affectionately. “Oh you poor, poor child. Let hyung handle this for you.”

Jongin could only press his cheek against his desk as he awaits his doom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wear this. Come on!”

It’s already lunch time when Chanyeol and Baekhyun forcefully dragged Jongin inside an abandoned classroom before shoving a green shirt on the youngest’s hands.

“Why?”

“Just wear the goddamn shirt, Kim Jongin.”

Blinking once out of confusion, Jongin lamely pull the shirt over his black one and extended his arms as if to show the two older male that he’s wearing it already. “Now what am I supposed to do?”

“That, my child, is our job.” Baekhyun enthusiastically responded, a hint of a giggle actually making itself known as he was dragged out to the campus’ courtyard.

It was the perfect weather as students after students pile up under the open sky, the sun barely peeking from behind the clouds, as the wind remained cool around them.

Jongin could literally say he was ‘seeing red’ as countless amounts of couples sat around him, including Baekhyun and Chanyeol and he was beginning to think the couple only pulled him out here to make fun of him.

“Guys, what am I even doing out here?” He grudgingly muttered as he stared at the half eaten apple on his hand. It was lacking its other half, just as he was.

“Don’t tell me you’re comparing your lack of partner to that apple?” Chanyeol joked but his grin quickly disappeared when he saw Jongin only huff his cheeks in response.

“Come here buddy.” Chanyeol didn’t even waited for Jongin to do that before he tackles the dancer into a bone crushing hug, almost cutting Jongin’s airway if not for Baekhyun’s sudden interruption.

“Guys. Guys? GUYS!”

Jongin looked up from his place in between Chanyeol’s arms, mouth poised to reply but not after seeing the new addition to their group making him push Chanyeol away from him in an instant.

“Hyung!”

“Jongin?”

It was like watching a romantic-comedy drama as Baekhyun and Chanyeol scooted farther away from the two with snacks in hand, trading a meaningful glance with each other before disappearing amidst the shadows.

“You’re wearing green.” Was the first thing Kyungsoo said after realizing that it was indeed Jongin staring back at him with wide eyes.

“You’re… wearing green too.” Jongin dumbly replied and Kyungsoo could only smile shyly in return as he plopped down on the ground next to Jongin. 

“Why are you wearing green?” They both asked at the same time and it did nothing to calm Jongin’s racing heartbeat. “You go first h-hyung.”

“Nothing. It’s just… complicated.” Kyungsoo answered shortly, a blush dusting his cheeks and it makes Jongin’s fingers twitch with the need to pinch them. “What about you?”

“I – “ he hesitated, shy glances thrown Kyungsoo’s way as he tries to think of a proper answer while still being subtle about his feelings for the older male. “I like someone.”

Jongin was torn between gathering Kyungsoo in his arms and whooping in glee when he saw the elder’s expression fall. He wishes he wasn’t just looking into things too much because he was almost sure Kyungsoo was crestfallen to hear the news.

“That’s – That’s cool.” Kyungsoo managed to get out after a few seconds of silent heartbeat from both of them. The older male was constantly worrying his bottom lip about something and Jongin could just feel the tiny hastening of his own pulse against his ears. “Who is it?”

“He’s someone you know very well, hyung.”

There was that sudden confidence lacing Jongin’s words and Kyungsoo could swore his heart was breaking louder than it was meant to be. He’s close with a lot of people but he could actually list all the special ones down. Was it Luhan? Sehun? What if it was Baekhyun? Chanyeol would surely –

“Hyung.” Jongin whined, suddenly too impatient for his own good as he scooted closer to Kyungsoo until their arms were brushing. “You still don’t know?”

He didn’t mean to sound irritated and he especially didn’t mean for Kyungsoo to look at him with slightly glassy eyes as he chokes on his own attempt of a forced laughter. “I’m sorry Jongin, I – I forgot I need to – “

“It’s you hyung.” Jongin said simply, effectively cutting off Kyungsoo’s rambling. He hang his head down, fingers curling on themselves to form a fist as he distracts himself by looking at Kyungsoo’s hand still resting on the grass. “It has always been you.”

Silence followed Jongin’s ringing confession and the only thing anchoring him on earth was the fact that Kyungsoo hadn’t bolted on him out of fear and probably disgust.

He expected a lot of thing; expected that Kyungsoo would push him and proceed to tell him how he couldn’t possibly fall in love with a guy like Jongin; or for Kyungsoo to slap the cold, hard truth to Jongin that he was already dating someone else – he didn’t expect for Kyungsoo to laugh after being silent for so long and slap Jongin’s arm repeatedly as he tried to control himself.

“Hyung?”

“I like you too.”

Kyungsoo’s face was suddenly too close for Jongin’s comfort zone, the older’s smile literally blinding Jongin as his hand around for Kyungsoo’s own.

“I said, I like you too.” Kyungsoo repeated before moving his own hand and tangling his fingers against Jongin’s shaky ones.

Jongin remained stoic on his spot, eyes never leaving Kyungsoo’s for even a second before a grin finally cracks on his face and he tackles the latter in a hug, both of them falling on the grass as Kyungsoo’s laughter started again.

There were a few minutes of just the two of them splaying flat on the cold ground, occasional giggles breaking the silence before two red shirts were throw on top of them. Jongin was fairly sure Baekhyun and Chanyeol saw this coming.

He watched as Kyungsoo looked down on the red shirt, eyes bright as he smiles softly at it and it wasn’t Jongin’s fault when he found himself leaning closer to the older male, eyes closed as the first touch of Kyungsoo’s lips graze against his.

He pulls back a breath away to look at Kyungsoo’s reaction. The older male had his eyes wide and cheeks flush a dark shade of red and Jongin was so sure that he likes the color red the most on Kyungsoo’s cheeks – and maybe on his lips too as he pressed another kiss on it.