first and ultimate

ultimate love

Jinki thought it would be great idea asking Kibum to watch a musical stage tomorrow night since Jinki knew they both love watching musical. It was the place where Jinki and Kibum met for the first time. It was also the place where Jinki and Kibum loved to date. So musical has always been special thing for both of them. But Jinki pouted when Kibum rejected apologetically.

“I’m sorry, babe...you take someone else,” he said as he rolled onto his bed, facing Jinki and cuddle up onto his boyfriend. “it’s just that i’m so tired that i just want to sleep all day”

Jinki felt sorry when he remembered Kibum had worked 2 days straight editing those books before they were published. Right, Kibum is an editor in local publishing company that sometimes his job can be so mind-exhausting and seized him up.

“yeah, quite right” Jinki looked at the ceiling as he wrapped Kibum on his arms, “but what kind of sad man who would be free in Saturday night?”

But Kibum didn’t reply because the younger had fallen asleep on his chest quickly as Jinki pulled him closer. Jinki just sighed before he reached out on the bed table to turn off the light. It had been a though day. He would think about someone he would want to watch Musical when he woke up  tomorrow.

---

Jonghyun was still clapping his hands loudly even when the stage was over and everyone were moving out to leave the theater. “whoohooo....Bravo!!” he clapped dumbly to the already empty stage.

Jinki stood up, wearing his coat and was ready to leave when he saw his colleague was still clapping. He only smiled at him. Yeah, of course Jonghyun. He remembered Jonghyun jumped excitedly when Jinki called that he has a ticket to watch musical theater that night. Jinki practically had to make a space between his ear and his phone when he heard Jonghyun screaming. “Yeaahhh Oh my God Jinki i so want it!!”

Jinki turned his body to see if the exit way was no longer crowded when he noticed her. “Oh my God,  Jessica?!”

“Who?” Jonghyun came up behind him

“My first love”

“Where?”

“There.. under the exit side board”

“The old woman?”

“No, not the old woman. The astonishing blonde”

“oh the one with the dark hair”

“No, It’s blonde, Jong” Jinki sighed in annoyed, “Blonde means the blonde hair. Doesn’t it?”

“Yep, you right Jinki..you right” Jong smiled awkwardly over his stupidity.

“I can’t believe i’ve just seen a girl who broke my heart 4 summers ago” Jinki shook his head, certainly wanted to erase the bad memory of his first love

“Well, then let’s go say hello!” Jonghyun come up with the idea innocently.

“No! are you crazy? No!” Jinki quickly responded, “i don’t think she would love to see me anyway, let’s get out of here, c’mon”
Jinki pushed Jonghyun to move and went out through another exit door.

---

Jinki  were walking with Jonghyun in the pavement  after they got out of the theater, listening to Jonghyun’s non-stop blabbering about how he loved the arena, the stage, the story, the actors, the music and everything else when someone called him

“Jinki?”

The called name turned to the side and saw her, “Oh, Jessica?”

“How good to see you!” the girl came closer and spontaneously hugged him tightly.

“what a surprise to see you here” Jinki lied when she pulled out.

“yeah, me too..”  she was looking at him brightly, “oh sorry..this is my friend Amber”

“God, she’s gay” Jong whispered., pointing to Jessica’s friend. Jinki wanted to smack Jonghyun’s head for being so blunt, especially not to his first love’s friend there.

“I’m sorry this is my friend, Jonghyun”

“Nice to meet you, Jonghyun” she just glanced at him, “Look at you now, Jinki. It’s just never crossed in my mind that i would see you outside of Daegu” she commented, “ anyway me and Amber are about to get dinner, but, you know..  it would be great if we could hang out sometime”

Jinki didn’t like to misinterpret things but was the look in her eyes telling him that she wanted Jinki to say yes to it? wow it was new. Back then she never asked him out. It was always Jinki who asked and most of them got rejected.

“yeah, sure..i’d love that”

“say my love to taemin, how is he?” now she was reaching out his arm and it up slowly. Somehow it got Jinki shivered yet excited.

“Yeah. He’s good. My brother is doing well on his bachelor thesis this semester”

“Great, “she smiled at him. If Amber didn’t clear her throath, She would probably keep looking at Jinki. “oh sorry, yeah i know we should get going” she turned to her friend before put her attention back to Jinki, “it was really great to see you, Jinki, I’ll see you soon” said her sweetly.

“yeah, you too” Jinki smiled at her before he saw her turned around and walked away, few times he noticed she looked back over her shoulder and gave him her pretty smile. Something that Jinki wished she would give that more often back then.

“Oh my God she’s beautiful and y, Jinki. No wonder you had a crush on her” Jonghyun looked mesmerized as they continued their walking. “If you had with her, you’d just die, Jinki. You would open her shirt, see her and your eyes would explode. You could just have with her blind, and then you’d die” Jonghyun kept blabbering again about her which get Jinki the image of her in his dirty mind. He couldn’t agree more about how it would be so mind blowing to have with her.

“yeah, but did you notice she didn’t even give me her number. I guess first love remains first love, which unfortunately for me it wouldn’t work” Jinki chuckled.

“Jinki..” It was so sudden that he almost got heart attack when he turned around he saw Jessica was there again, looking at him expectantly. “I told Amber to go have dinner on her own. So would you want to have dinner with me?”

“Oh..” Jinki tried to get her words because she just talked too fast that he almost couldn’t catch them, but then he finally understood and went, “yeah, of course.”

“great” she said excitedly and quickly pulled Jinki’s arm, “bye Junghyun” she waved to the short man who was gaping at them.

“so where do you wanna go?”

“whenever you like, really”

Seconds laters Jonghyun couldn’t help but hissed over his friend’s luck as he saw the girl clinging her hand on Jinki’s arm., “It’s Jonghyun, ”

---

Jinki didn’t think Jessica would bring him to this cozy romantic restaurant and ate Jinki’s favorite steak. Jinki saw Jessica laughed over his jokes, which was weird enough because she used to think Jinki’s jokes are lame. But he realized how he still admired her sound of laughter. Jinki couldn’t believe that after all these summers, Jessica could still be this beautiful and attractive. Unconsciously, Jinki found himself staring at Jessica ‘s bright eyes and smile. For about few seconds, Jinki thought he fell in love all over again.

“you know, i’m starting to think that we probably wasted that summer holiday” Jessica gazed with her flirtatious eyes, smiling at him. “If we could travel back in time, maybe i wouldn’t say no”

They stared at each other for a moment, Jinki just gaped nervously at her before he calmed himself and sent her his breathless smile again. They ended up shaking their head softly and laughing together, remembering that moment, when Jinki confessed to her for the first time.

“you know, i’m just staying around the corner, so...can you walk me home?” she asked him with expectant look after they had done eating their dinner.

Jinki only looked at her, thinking if this led to something else that was just not only having dinner together. But the smile on her face, that smile that Jinki remembered he fell in, got him immediately answered, “yeah...”he chuckled slightly, “yeah, of course”

---

Jinki found himself nervous when they were in the elevator. Jessica is living in this luxurious apartment in Seoul, still living as princess as she is. The pregnant silent when they waited the elevator arrived at Jessica’s apartment floor was somehow got Jinki uncomfortable. Jinki intended to walk Jessica home just until in front of the apartment building. But Jessica insisted him to come in along, saying about she’s scared over stalker that had been stalking her these days (apparently, Jessica is a model now). So Jinki agreed to walk her until in front of her apartment’s door. But right now he was thinking, after they arrived what would they do next? Jinki was somehow afraid he and Jessica thought the same thing. He and Kibum did it on the first date. And if this was considered as a date then who knows if Jessica also wanted to do that with him?

Jinki chuckled nervously when they looked at each other. It was awkward although he could see Jessica looked more calm than him. Jinki’s heart beat faster when the elevator’s bell rang and it pounded harder when they headed out and started walking to Jessica’s apartment room.

“So, here we are” she said as they were in front of her apartment’s door.

Jinki exhaled nervously, “yeah...”

They fell into silence again before eventually Jessica moved closer to him. “it’s a lot nicer and comfortable, inside” she whispered.

“yeah.. sure it is” Jinki whispered back as he looked into her eyes, “hmm..yeah”

She didn’t say anything else, as if she waited Jinki to make a move. Avoiding for another uncomfortable silence, she whispered again, staring at him expectantly  “so...”

“so...umm,” the man said carefully as he felt Jessica’s leaning forward. Her face was dangerously close to his and her lips were just inches away to reach his own. If Jinki leaned over a bit, they could have kissed.

“So?” She tried again now putting her arms around Jinki’s neck

“So...” Jinki breathed, “So....”

Jinki turned his head away to look at the hallway, thinking for a moment before he looked back at Jessica who was still trying to persuade him.

“So...”Jinki smiled as he pulled Jessica’s hands off his neck slowly, “lovely to see you, Jessica. Really. I totally enjoyed our dinner. So, I gotta get home now” he said confidently, “because there’s someone that i really love, that i really care, now is waiting for me at home”

With that Jinki ran and ran with smile all over his face, leaving Jessica’s apartment and heading to his small one. He was thinking about someone that is very  important to his life. Someone who has been always there for these four years, in his up and down. Someone who said yes when Jinki nervously confessed to him for the first time. That someone who didn’t find him weird, ridiculous, ugly and fail, who shown him off to his friends as if Jinki was the best boyfriend he ever had and he was happy to be with him. That someone who wouldn’t let others laugh at Jinki, instead he would raise Jinki up and get ladies and gentlemen drool over him. and the most importantly, that someone is the one who loves him. And Jinki loves him too and right know he just wanted to hug him, kiss him, make love to him, anything just to be close to him.

So when Jinki came back breathless, he found Kibum was already on his bed, curling up under the thick blanket. Jinki then crawled and lied down beside him, spooning him into embrace as he kissed his shoulder gently. Sometime around his action, Kibum mumbled and looked back over his shoulder, still sleepy and looked tired.

“Hey, how was the musical babe?” Kibum smiled and asked in hoarse voice. Kibum shifted, rolling over and cuddled into Jinki’s warm embrace, closing his eyes to continue his sleep.

“it was great” Jinki answered, kissing Kibum’s head lightly.

“good”

Jinki wouldn’t want to be in another bed without Kibum. Somehow, his encounter with Jessica, his very first love had him realized that he wouldn’t anyone else but Kibum. That he’s afraid of losing him. He had a chance to cheat on him by spending a night with someone else, but he knew it wasn’t what he wanted. He knew who he wanted, it’s Kibum. It has always been Kibum.

“Kibum..”

“hmm...”

“I love you”

Kibum didn’t say anything so Jinki assumed Kibum had already fallen into deep slumber. He only smiled and hugged him as he closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

“I love you too” Jinki heard Kibum mumbled against his chest, “I love you too, Jinki"

Jinki opened his eyes and looked down, seeing Kibum sleeping face was smiling so pretty against him. It was this face he wanted to see tonight , tomorrow morning and every night, every morning. Not another pretty face. Jinki smiled in content as he pulled his boyfriend closer and joined Kibum to the dreamland.

Kibum might not be his first love, but he was very much certain that Kibum would be his ultimate love.