P a r t o 1 ; ;

That One Day Adventure [ Re-Edit ]

That One Day Adventure
Being handcuffed to a Korean Idol isn't as bad as she originally thought.
(Part I)
- - -

 

 

“I'm not in denial... I'm not in denial... I'm not in denial...” the brunette chanted as she paced around the floor of her best friend's room. The other girl, who was currently laying on her bed while listening to some music, continued to read her magazine, completely ignoring the older girl. However, this had been going on for the past thirty or so minutes, and after the current song finished, she paused her iPod and took off her ear buds.

 

“You know, you're going to dig up a hold on my floor if you keep this up,” the younger of the two frowned as she sat up and sat cross legged, “Stop that! You're in denial and saying that you aren't, isn't really going to help.”

 

“But we were so happy together!” she cried as she stopped and threw herself on the bed, and laid face up while her legs dangled on the edge, “Two years Soo Min! Two years! I thought Vinh was the one!”

 

“You already knew that he was a bit of a flirt in school, right?” Soo Min continued to frown as she picked up her fashion magazine, “Actually no... He is a flirt and he even flirted with me a few times... In front of you too! Runa seriously, you need to quit it.”

 

“Argh!” Runa groaned as she slapped her hands on her head and began to viciously ruffle her hair while she thrashed round, “I'm aware of that and I always slapped him around when he did that... But he always made me forgive him after I vented my anger at him. Honestly... His smile and the way he sang those weird Kpop songs he loves so much to me... They always calmed me down.”

 

“Oh, the smile thing,” Soo Min sighed as she leaned back and laid her head on her pillow, “I swear, you'll say yes to anyone who has a nice smile.”

 

“I know, I'm retarded,” she frowned as she got up and began to fix her hair, “But I'm not going to give up just yet! I'm going to confront him one more time and see if we can work this out! I'll handcuff him to me if I have to!”

 

“Handcuff?” the younger of the two repeated as she sat up, “Please tell me you're joking...”

 

“Nope!” Runa laughed as she flipped herself over and laid on her stomach, “I'm gonna steal my dad's extra handcuffs and we're going to confront him.”

 

“And how do you plan on doing that? He's going to be gone for the weekend.”

 

“Huh? Where's he going?”

 

“Uhm... Some Korean Music Festival,” Soo Min answered as she tapped her cheek with her pointer finger, “I overheard him talk to his equally retarded friends about auditioning at SM Town... Or whatever the hell that is...”

 

“Oh!” Runa gasped as she sat up and sat on her legs, “I know what you're talking about! He's been talking about that since we became friends... He said he wanted to become a trainee for some Korean agency or whatever.”

 

“Why?” Soo Min questioned as she made a 'what-the-hell' face.

 

“You know how passionate he is about his rapping and dancing skills... Though his Korean seriously ,” Runa frowned as she rolled her eyes, “Hey, is your computer on? I wanna look up this SM Town thing.”

 

“Uh yeah... Be my guest.”

 

Hopping off her friend's bed, Runa immediately plopped down on the leather swivel chair as she wiggled the mouse. Instantly, the browser popped up and she went straight to goggle. Clicking on the first link, she then began to read and explore the main site, “Oh... It's being held in LA! Soo Min, we officially have plans this weekend!”

 

“Oh please don't tell me...”

 

“We're going to Hollywood!” Runa shouted as she punched the air and laughed loudly.

 

“... What would you do if I told you that I have plans this weekend already?”

 

“I'm going to force you to cancel them, because I know for a fact that you're free this weekend~”

 

“Damn.”

 

- - -

 

Early the next morning, Soo Min was literally thrown off her bed by Runa, who was already dressed and ready to leave for their day trip. Groggily, the younger Korean went to go get changed and prepare herself for their busy day. Eventually, Soo Min finished primping herself up to look presentable before she was dragged downstairs and the both of them ate a bowl of Frosted Flakes before Runa ushered Soo Min to her car.

 

“Okay, we're gonna stop by my house to get the handcuffs,” Runa informed as she clicked in her seat belt, with Soo Min following the suit. After that, Soo Min the radio and immediately went straight for their favorite radio station.

 

“I can't believe you're actually doing this,” she muttered as she leaned back on the seat and leaned her head on the window before closing her eyes, “Are you sure you want to do this?”

 

“Of course!” the older one answered, “I don't know why... But I seriously love Vinh... Even though he openly flirts with other girls, he still took care of me and he was one of the sweetest guys I've dated...”

 

“He's the only guy you dated.”

 

“Oh shut up!” Runa hissed, “Is it a crime to want something to work out?”

 

“Not when you want to have a relationship with a player-in-the-making,” Soo Min retorted as she looked at her best friend, “Look... You know I love you, right?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“And I want what's best for you,” she continued, “And Vinh's really not the best way to go with your one boyfriend love life.”

 

Runa merely grumbled as she parked her car in front of her driveway, before opening the door and running inside. Soo Min merely sighed, shaking her head as she waited for the girl to return. After a few minutes, Runa returned with a small bag before opening her door and throwing the bag in the back.

 

Soo Min blinked, “What's in there?”

 

“My dad's handcuffs and some extra stuff,” Runa replied as she began driving.

 

“Oh God, you really are going along with this plan,” she groaned, “I can't believe you Runa!”

 

“I'm gonna at least try,”she pouted, “I want us to talk and I want to know if this is really done... I'm not letting go of something that can be worked out!”

 

“Stubborn mule...” was all Soo Min said as she leaned back on the seat and closed her eyes again.

 

“Damn straight~” Runa snickered.

 

Soo Min snorted.

 

Three hours. Three hours of driving, traffic and the fact the two girls got hungry again and decided to grab something quick at Denny's. But eventually the girls made it to Los Angles; Hollywood to be exact and followed all the signs plus the directions Runa Map Quested the night prior. That took another twenty or so minutes since they had to follow the line of cars to assigned parking spaces.

 

“Yay!” was the first thing Runa said as she parked her car and hopped out. Soo Min followed the suit, yawning loudly and stretching out her stiff body.

 

“Hey, look at all the Asians,” Soo Min laughed quietly as she watched people walk out of their cars and make their way over to the entrance of the festival plus the loud squealing of girls getting all giddy, “Lots of fangirls too...”

 

“There's a concert at this place,” Runa informed as she grabbed her bag and swung it over her shoulder and hung her thin kitty eared jacket over her bag, “The site had a list of Korean Idols that would be performing here.”

 

“Figures... Ready to step into Fangirlville?”

 

“Ready as ever~” Runa smiled as both girls linked arms and began to make their way toward the entrance.

 

Once the girls made it past the front gate, they were immediately bombarded with freebies and a bunch of flyers advertising random stuff. Runa merely stuffed everything in the bag she was given that had their freebies before she grabbed Soo Min's hand and dragged her into some slightly secluded area.

 

“You know, I really hope you don't get in trouble with security if they find you with those handcuffs,” Soo Min frowned as she watched the older girl take them out and stuff them into her purse before she handed the only key to her, “Eh? Why are you giving me the keys?”

 

“Bribery,” Runa answered as Soo Min grabbed the keys, “I'm gonna go look for him while you hang around and enjoy the festival for a small while. I'll call you when I nab him and we'll meet up somewhere.”

 

“What do you expect me to do while you're busy stalking and attempting to kidnap your ex boyfriend? I don't really know much about this festival you know!”

 

“Learn some Korean!” Runa shouted as she began to walk away and start her search.

 

“What the hell?” Soo Min glared as she puffed her cheeks and angrily crossed her arms. However, her mood was suddenly changed when she saw a large group of boys walk past her and one of them catching her eye, “Bwoh? Sakurada Dori look-alike, must go flirt!”

 

It seemed like an eternity had passed since she first entered the festival and now here she was, very lost and very confused at what she should do. She swore she most likely circled the entire place three times or even more. The girl then sighed heavily as she sat down on a small wall thing and hung her head. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, the guy could have been anywhere and she had no idea where exactly she was going at the moment.

 

Ugh! She mentally growled as she grabbed a fist full of her hair and gently yanked on it, Smart, really smart Choi Runa! You're here, you have an objective, but you didn't plan it out all the way!

 

“I swear when I see that boy,” she hissed angrily, “I'm going to beat the hell out of him first before I let him speak.”

 

“Aren't you nervous?”

 

“Huh? Why would I be? I've been waiting for this day all my life!”

 

Runa froze, her eyes going wide as she overheard a really familiar voice nearby... Or practically right behind her. Soon, loud laughter erupted and Runa immediately shot up and whirled around, her eyes landing straight on a certain ex boyfriend of hers.

 

“Vinh Nguyen?!” she practically screeched.

 

Upon hearing his name, the male immediately turned around, a scowl on his face; however, that suddenly fell when he saw who exactly called out his name. His group of friends also looked over at who called him out and their reactions were pretty surprised before few of them started to snicker.

 

“Ru-Runa?” Vinh muttered, utterly surprised to find his non-Kpop fan ex girlfriend at a Korean Music Festival, “W-wh-what are you doing here?”

 

His friends began to snicker and whisper at one another, but he merely glared at them to shut up, which is what they did when they saw his expression.

 

“You prick!” she snapped as she stomped over, “Three months you ! You refuse to talk to me for three damn months and then you have the audacity to suddenly break up with me without a reason?!”

 

“Runa, please not now...” he sighed, however his eyes widen again when he saw her pull out some handcuffs, “You gotta be tin' with me.”

 

“Oh snaps!” one of his friends literally laughed out loud, “Dude, Runa's friggen' serious!”

 

“Shut up Kevin!” both Vinh and Runa barked at the same time.

 

“Runa... No!” Vinh begged as he began to back away, “How did you manage to sneak those in anyway?!”

 

“I have my ways, my father's a police officer, you should know that,” she answered as she continued to follow him. However the moment he had the chance, he practically bolted for it. Of course Runa ran after him, both of them ignoring the loud laughing of his friends.

 

“You have an hour Vinh!” another one of his friends shouted as he and the others merely watched as the ex couple disappeared into the crowd.

 

“I'm gonna kill you Vinh Nguyen!” Runa screamed as she continued to evade and dodge innocent attendees. A few people had jumped or moved away when they saw the couple pass by, but out of nowhere, Vinh had jumped into a more crowded area, which caused Runa to stop. Her eyes angrily narrowed as she plowed through the crowd and once she made it to the other side, dropped open and she stomped her foot on the concrete, “Ugh! You jackass!”

 

Back to square one... She mentally grumbled as she returned to searching again, a scowl on her face still. Walking around, her eyes then landed on a familiar bright orange beanie he was wearing, plus the stupid white hoodie. Immediately, she began running toward him.

 

“Vinh! Vinh, you prick!” she shouted as she charged for him. Vinh slowly turned around, his head tilting to the side as he reached up to take off his sunglasses (which he wasn't wearing a short while ago); however, he found himself begin tackled to the concrete, his sunglasses flying away from his face and the clicking sound of something being locked onto his wrist, “Don't think your poor excuse of a disguise is gonna make me think you're someone else! Face it babe, you're not going to avoid me any longer until I get answers!”

 

“Vinh?” Vinh questioned with a wince as he covered his face with his arm, “Ow... Geez, are you on the football team or something?”

 

“You jerk!” Runa's mouth dropped, “How dare you! Do you really want me to punch you?!”

 

Yah! No, please don't!Vinh begged in Korean.

 

“Oh don't use that—Huh? Wait... When did your Korean become so good?” she blinked as she placed her free hand on his arm and slowly removed it away from his face. Tilting her head slightly, her eyes then widen... “Y-you're not... Vinh...”

 

The guy merely shook his head, his expression still shocked, but he kind of flashed her an awkward smile. Runa's cheeks suddenly flared up as she cried out and attempted to get up; however, she found herself being yanked back down and landed none too comfortably on the guy's chest, who once again winced.

 

“Uhm...” the guy blinked as he lifted up his arm and forced hers up too, “Well, this is a first...”

 

“Oh God, I'm so sorry!” she apologized, “I thought you were someone else! You're wearing the same beanie and jacket he was wearing! Crap... Crap...”

 

Sitting up, Runa instantly went for her bag and used her free hand to sift through it for her cellphone. Once she found it, she immediately pressed her speed dial one. The guy merely laid under her... Yes, under her since she was currently sitting on his torso, though she didn't really seem to notice that at the current moment.

 

“Come on... Come on...” she muttered and panicked. Much to her displeasure, Soo Min's voice mail kept answering. This pattern went on for another five or so minutes, Runa leaving around twenty some voice messages and another fifty some text messages, “Damnit!”

 

“So, why do you keep calling your friend?” the hot guy below her questioned.

 

Runa looked down, her eyes narrowing as she stared down at him angrily, “Because my friend has the ONLY key to the handcuffs... Unless you completely forgot about our current situation?”

 

“That I'm currently handcuffed to a fan?” he inquired as he stared up at her, a small smile on his handsome face, “Oh, I think I'm aware of our current situation.”

 

“Okay for one,” she frowned, “Lets get this straight... I don't know who the hell you are, therefore that also means that I'm not a fan of yours. I've never seen you before, so I would appreciate it if you didn't sound conceited and assume that everyone in this festival knows who you are.”

 

He pouted, “Seriously? You've never seen me before?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Does the name Nichkhun ring a bell?”

 

“No.”

 

“How about the band 2PM?”

 

“Weird name for a band... Then again, I've heard weirder...”

 

“So you're telling me you have no idea who Nichkhun is or 2PM...?”

 

“I thought we just went over this?” Runa scowled again, “I've never heard of this Nichkhun person, who I'm assuming is you nor have I heard of this band who calls themselves 2PM.”

 

“Hmmm, interesting,” he muttered as he leaned his head back and spotted his sunglasses, “So, what are you planning on doing now?”

 

“I need to look for Soo Min,” she replied as she got up and bent down once again, “So, you plan on sleeping here or something?”

 

“No,” he answered casually as he used his unrestrained hand to grab his sunglasses before pulling himself up. Once he stood up, he immediately slipped on his glasses and turned his attention toward the girl who just handcuffed them together, “So...”

 

Runa didn't say anything except random muttering as her brows knitted together in concentration. She then lifted her free hand up and nervously chewed on her index finger, “Anyone going to recognize you in your get up?”

 

He shrugged, “I dunno...”

 

“Ugh,” she rolled her eyes as she turned to him, “Switch me coats.”

 

“Huh?” he blinked even though Runa couldn't see it, “I can't though...”

 

“What why—Oh, nevermind,” she sighed as she remembered that he was wearing it and that they were handcuffed together, “Okay, since that isn't going to work... Just wear my jacket over your head.”

 

“I'm gonna be hot though,” he frowned, “Maybe I shouldn't have worn this jacket today...”

 

“Whatever,” was all Runa said as she bit her bottom lip gently and began to think again.

 

“I think you just topped every strange thing a fan has ever done to me...” he randomly told her, abnormally calm about the fact that he was handcuffed to a complete stranger.

 

“... For the last time..." she hissed through her teeth, " I'M NOT A FAN! I'll NEVER be a fan! And who the hell is 2PM?! What kind of band name is that?! Who's the original genius that came up with that name, huh? Did he just randomly look up at the clock and read off the time?!” She then sarcastically changed her voice, “'Oh look, it's 2PM—Lightbulb! We'll name them 2PM! Just think of all the bad puns and jokes the fans can conjure up!'”

 

“Well geez, you don't have to be all... Mean about it,” he frowned.

 

“I just handcuffed myself to some Korean Idol that I've never heard of! So exCUSE me for being a bit on the UNhappy side!”

 

“You know, most girls would kill to be in your position.”

 

“That's what I'm afraid of...” she muttered bitterly as she yanked her restrained arm and dragged him with her.

 

Nichkhun couldn't help but chuckle as he allowed himself to be dragged off by this enraged chick. Boy, am I lucky I had a free day today...

 

And for the next two or so hours, the handcuffed duo continued to circle the entire festival, looking for either Vinh or Soo Min. However, Nichkhun really had no idea who exactly he was looking for, but Runa kept insisting that he help look for them anyway. Eventually she finally decided to show him a picture of Soo Min and Vinh, so he could actually help keep an eye out for either one of them. Much to their surprise, Nichkhun got away with walking around without making much of scene.

 

“So, why exactly are you here since you're not really into the music?” Nichkhun suddenly questioned as they sat down on an empty table, their handcuffed hands dangling in the middle of them while Runa sipped on her drink. After their little squabble, well Runa's squabble toward him; she just fell silent and depressed. There were also times that she would spot couples enjoying each others company, which almost made her cry a few times.

 

“Why do you care?” she asked, not really looking at him.

 

“Well, I'm stuck here with you until we find your friends,” he answered, “And it won't hurt to make some small talk.”

 

Lifting her head, Runa's eyes glazed over for a moment before she blinked them and a few tears escaped from her eyes, which she quickly wiped away with her free hand, “For Vinh...”

 

“Ah, Vinh...” he made a playful face, “Who exactly is Vinh?”

 

“My boyfriend...” she muttered.

 

“Your boyfriend?” he repeated as he scooted his chair closer and hear her better, “You have some kind of boyfriend... Since apparently that you're desperate enough to try to handcuff him to you.”

 

She snorted, “He's actually an ex boyfriend who broke up with me around two months ago... And he's constantly avoided me since then. I've been trying to get him to talk, but he always runs away or ignores me...”

 

“Well, that isn't nice.”

 

She then sent him a look, “Really.”

 

“Really,” he smiled, causing Runa's cheeks to turn pink. Instantly, she turned away and began to look around.

 

“You're an idol,” she suddenly stated, causing him to nod slowly, “Then you would know where they're holding auditions for the agencies, right?”

 

He nodded again, “Yeah, I do actually.”

 

Runa's attention completely turned to him and she practically threw herself on him, “Oh, why didn't I think of this earlier?! Vinh's here to audition for one of those agencies, so you have to help me get there!”

 

“Uh...” he blinked again, “Okay then... I guess.”

 

“Awesome!” she smiled happily as she suddenly hugged him awkwardly, “You're the best Nic~! Okay, as a token of my appreciation, I'll look up your band when I get home~ Come on!”

 

“You're welcome?” he laughed quietly as he returned the sudden embrace, well tried to at least, but then released her when she got up and yanked on her wrist, “Hey! What about the drinks?”

 

“Just put a ten down and let them keep the change!” she answered, “You're rich, losing ten bucks isn't going to kill you.”

 

He merely made a face, but seeing as Runa was such in a hurry, he did what she said and left the money on the table before writing a small note stating that the people could keep the change. Once he was done, Runa once again yanked on her arm and forced him to hurry up before they found themselves making a run for the audition area. But out of nowhere, someone stopped them.

 

“Hey you two,” the person greeted with a wide smile, “Would you two be interested in entering a fun singing competition? First prize gets you a free autographed album of any artist of your choice plus an autograph poster of your chosen artist~”

 

“Uh...” Runa blinked as she looked at Nichkhun, who looked back at her, “Actually, we're in a bit of a hur

 

“Yeah sure!” he interrupted with a friendly grin, “Can we do a duet?”

 

“Sure, but you two are going to have to share the prizes,” the staff worker answered.

 

Nichkhun merely nodded, “That'll be fine~”

 

“Awesome, follow me~”