Sisters Points

Sisters Points

Yoona was enjoying her lunch in the recreation room while watching a live feed from the recording room where Krystal was singing her group’s new song. Everything was all well and peaceful until Jessica came along cursing.

“Ah, crap,” she said as she dropped herself to a chair and crossed her arms.

“What’s up, Unnie?”

“I don’t like Krystal,” Jessica pouted.

“What? Why? Did you two have a fight?”

“Noo,” Jessica sighed. “She sings so greatly.”

Yoona stopped munching her food. “And you hate her because of that?”

Jessica let out a heavy breath and looked at Yoona. “I used to think that I’m one step ahead of her, you see?” she raised one hand in the air, “I have the voice and I have the pride of an older sister. So that’s two points for me, right?”

“Okay….”

“While Krystal only has one point: her height that exceeds mine,” Jessica explained, “but now, on top of her height, she now has a superb voice and a marvelous body. She has three points, Yoong, three!”

Yoona swallowed her lunch and smiled. “Oh, come on, Unnie. You’re body is not that bad, what about that bulging muscle on your arms? And that abs?”

“Oh, please, Yoong, don’t try to cheer me up,” Jessica sulked even more as the small television on the wall showed how Krystal sang her whole heart out.

Then, a minute later, Krystal finished her song and she took a break. For quite a long time the screen in the wall showed nothing but an empty booth and then Jessica’s attention was drawn to the door to her left. The producer of the song that Krystal was singing came out of the recording room and walked her by.

“Hey, Jessica,” said the man, greeting cheerfully.

“Hey, Oppa,” Jessica greeted back with flat emotion.

“Oh, you were watching Krystal the whole time?” he asked.

Jessica answered with a simple, “Hmm….”

Yoona could only shake her head at the older girl.

“What do you think? Is she good?”

“Great,” Jessica said with a tone of disappointment in it, as if she was losing from her baby sister.

“I thought so too. She learned so much she said, from you.”

Jessica straightened her body. “From who?”

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yes. She said she observed how you sing, how you take the high notes and control your breath between lyrics. Great job, Older Sister,” said the man and then he walked away.

Yoona smiled and then she turned to Jessica. The later girl’s face had changed completely from agitation into a total bliss. She was grinning from ear to ear.

“Unnie…,” Yoona said with a smile, “you’re happy, aren’t you?”

Jessica let out a cute little laugh, “Leave me alone, Yoong.”

“Eeh, you’re wrong about your little sister,” Yoona teased the older girl.

“Fine, okay,” Jessica smiled. “I was jealous. I admit it.”

“You should be proud that your little sister is doing so well,” said Yoona.

“Yeah…,” Jessica looked at the recording room door, “I should.”

Jessica stood up and walked to the recording room. Inside, there was Krystal sitting on a chair, making notes on her lyrics sheet.

“Hey, Baby Sister,” Jessica said.

“Oh, Unnie,” Krystal raised her face from the sheet. “What’s up?”

“You hungry? You want to go and grab pizza after you finish? My treat.”

Krystal smiled. “Sure.”

“Great,” Jessica walked out and closed the door only to walk in again and hugged Krystal as tight as she could.

“Oh, what’s this for?”

“Good luck, Krystal,” Jessica said and she waved goodbye at her younger sister.

She left the room and walked back to Yoona. The latter girl was smiling cunningly at Jessica.

“You cannot tell anyone that I said those things about Krystal earlier. Okay?”

“I think another box of lunch would keep my mouth shut.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Fine.”