Final

Lie

 

It may be a very common part of some typical kids' childhood. Growing up with their best buds together and all, until they reach the transitional state of life. Being a teenager is fun but also the hardest moment on every human's existence. Treated as kids yet expected to act like adults. Well, who cares. It's part of growing up. 


 

"Hyuna!" The ever enthusiastic bro-like childhood friend called out his limply walking best bud, Hyuna. "Hurry! You're such a turtle!" He called out again, panting. They've been running for minutes already trying to catch up on their bus for school. "I HATE YOU!" She shouted annoyingly plus a punch raised to sixty. "whydon'tyougotoschoolthisingearlyonyourown.rudebastard." (why don't you go to school this early on your own)  Hyuna rapped  as she rolled her eyes on him and started walking calmly ahead. Hyunseung let out a flaring sigh as he started walking side by side with her. Well, he has no choice, his friend is just so finely rough a bee can't even sting her. "Let's just walk then. The bus stop's not that far from here anymore. I'm sure we'll catch up." He hopes his compensation will get accepted. But Hyuna didn't give a single bother. "Aish!" He tried giving Hyuna some secret passionate punches from behind. "You're so stingy! Jinja~ Kegeu ara?!~"  Hyuna stepped inside the bus first. "Tss. Don't come anywhere near me. Get that." She said before finally settling for the sit next to the window. "Heol." Hyunseung burst out in great, really great amazement. "Suit yourself. Self-proclaimed beauty." He whispered while taking the sit at the very end of the bus. 

Everyone unintentionally formed a line queing to exit the bus. Hyunseung waited for the rest to be out and when he thought he was the only one left. "Bring this." A cold monotone voice filled the entire bus. "What the hell Kim Hyuna!" He blurted out of shock. "I almost pee-ed." Chuckles. "What a sissy." She insulted. Then passing her cute backpack towards Hyunseung. "Here. You're welcome." Leaving Hyunseung completely baffled. "Isn't it supposed to be a 'thank you'? And what's so funny!" He scratched his head in irritation. Well, just like that they were reconciling once again for the nth time. They've been together since they we'ren't even born. Their family are one heck of friends. That leaves them with no choice.

It's 7 and just as they have reached their respective classrooms the school bell rang. It's a sign of the regular tortous stay in hell. Everything wen't fine, but not really. I mean, who would be fine with Mathematics early in the morning. Okay. Everything went on normally just like those normal days in school. Throwing scratch papers, possesing questions or if lucky enough answers, to each other. Just to survive that infernal subject, you know. But, in that chaotic classroom of section 4-B someone was not normal enough. 

"Hey! Kim-to-the-Hyuna!!! Wassup!" Nam Ji-hyun, Kwon So-hyun and Jeon Ji-yoon called out in a trio to the seemingly dozing off Hyuna. The '3hyoon' are her girly-girl buds in school. That would make them four. "Oh. Annyeong." She sighed inaudibly making the three other girls worry. "Hey, what's wrong hyunnie?" Cute Ji-hyun asked worriedly. "Did we do anything wrong? Did any of us hurt your feelings? Did we do something that would make you feel so down?" Hyuna gave a forced smile to the bullets of questions the happy virus Jeon Ji-yoon fired. "It's not anything like that Jiyoon-ah." She assures them. "Then what is it unnie?" Sohyun was agog to know what made the tough Kim Hyuna wither just like that.

"You see. I get this stuffy.." She stop and sigh. "Never mind. I'm sure I'll get through this later." She tried luring them that she'll be fine. But it didn't budge. "Well. I don't know, actually, there's this stuffy feeling inside. It's that kind of feeling when you're nervous but that's not it.You know? Ugh. Idk." Hyuna explained what she felt and eventually feel more worse then ended up hugging her pretty desk. The three of them didn't really get what's going on with their girl. And they just let her be hoping she'll feel quite better a little later. She stayed quiet the whole class. Not moving an inch from her sit. And other than those three little cuties, there's this perky one guy that's much worried about her sudden behaviour.

The noisy classroom was full of leisure. Chasing here, there. Chitchats everywhere. Some busy taking selcas. And others taking the opportunity to lovey-dovey. Not until, a knock broke it. Everyone run towards their own seats and sweat droppingly drop their head not wanting any eye contact. "Why is she here?" Student A whispered. "I don't know. Maybe some disciplinary action?" Student responded. "Oh god. I hope not." Student C interrupted.

"Class B." Even with just that plain call everyone already felt edgy. It's Gayoon. The spoiled daughter of their school's owner. She's the only child and well, she lived getting everything she wants. She faked a smile. "Get out." Gayoon commanded and everyone in the classroom started acting so fidgety. They bump into each other trying to exit the place as soon as possible. Hyuna walked limply towards the door and following him from behind is Hyunseung who doesn't really give a care about the bummer.

"Not you, Jang Hyunseung." She boldly called making Hyunseung rolled his eyes. And Hyuna froze in a matter of millisecond. She doesn't know what it is but it hurts. Hyuna proceeded towards the exit. Slowly. "Close the door, dear." Gayoon sugar-coatedly ordered Hyunseung around. "Do you really have to disturb us like this, Heo Gayoon?" Irratation is clear in his tone. "What's wrong. It's nothing anywhere near half of the things I can do." Surely, that's the truth because other than being the owner of an outstanding University her family is also a big share holder of their country's most famous gaming company.

"I don't give two s Gayoon! What is it that you want?!" Hyunseung raise his voice in anger. "I thought that we're done discussing about this already." He tried reminding her. "What do you mean? Well, yes. You are now my fiancèe." Gayoon unpredictably spurted out. Widening Hyunseung's pupils. "Why so shock, honey?" She circled around the dazed out lad and tried caressing his perfect face. But Hyunseung hold her wrist and hurl it away from him. Angrily. "Enough. My family doesn't need any of your partnership thing. We're living enough well without your help. The company's doing great on it's own and I don't care about it not getting anywhere near being famous. And I am not your fiancèe!" He take a deep breath. 

Without the both of them knowing Hyuna accidentally overheard their conversation. It's not her fault, they started too early and Hyuna walked too slowly. But with what Hyuna was hearing, she can no longer take it and decided to leave. She knew nothing about it and it makes her so mad. Her bestfriend? Fiancèe? Gayoon? What else? What else is there that she doesn't even know a thing. About Jang Hyunseung. Hyuna doesn't really understand what she's feeling. What's the pain inside her chest is all about. It's not that she has to know every single thing about him. But what hurts the most is she's feeling pain. Pain because it's Jang Hyunseung.

"And I love someone else." Hyunseung continued, looking down at the floor. Then hurriedly walk towards the door. "STOP!" Gayoon desperately stopped him from leaving. She tried blocking the way. "But, what about me Hyunseung. I ... I love you." A tear escaped from the immature spoiled brat's eye. "Jang Hyunseung..." He was taken aback from the sudden reaction. "Gayoon-ah." A sob escaped unintentionally from the female. "I'm sorry." Was all what Hyunseung can say. He felt sorry, but he can't lie.

Hyuna and Hyunseung still walked together to their house like usual. But this time something is not right. "What's wrong?" He tried stirring the atmosphere a little. But he got no response at all. Hyunseung started making unnecessary noises like clearing his throat and groaning out of nowhere. "Stop it, will you?" She finally budge and give an irratated growl. "Hey, Kim Hyuna, what's wrong." Her bestfriend half-laughingly asked. "It's none of your business." Hyuna coldly stated. "I heard it." She added. "You what? The what?" Hyunseung was suddenly all jumpy. "It was an accident. You guys started too early." She reason out. "But...but...but..what did you hear?" He's nervous. "Don't worry, I didn't hear much." Hyuna tried convincing him. "Well, it's not that bad if you heard everything. If only you stayed longer, you know." He whistled. "You better get going, I need to get something in the shop." She then hurriedly run and left Hyunseung hanging.He watched her back disappearing. But he knows that something is a little crooked.

He arrived a little later at her family's small yet comfy technology related shop but Hyuna's mother told him that Hyuna didn't happened to have passed by. "Oh. Is that so, omoni? Then, I shall get going. Kamsahamnida." He bade goodbye and started thinking where could've Hyuna gone. "It's getting late." Hyunseung was panting. "That crazy ." He started running again in search of that familiar place. 

"He's a good-for-nothing !" Hyuna sobbed as she curled up in a corner of the tree house. It's where they've spent most of their crazy and ridiculous childhood days. Playing, laughing, fighting and crying, most of the time. It's a place where everything is friendship. It's a special place. "I hate this! I hate him!" And a place that's about to change everything.

"JANG HYUNSEUNG YOU FILTHY LITTLE BROWN PIECE OF !" She shouted loud and clear, from the bottom pits of her hellish heart. "I love you." Hyuna whispered. "Hyuna, you..." She was horrified. "Jang...Hyunseung.." He sneaked in. "Sigh. Chajatta." Hyunseung was still exhausted from all the running. "Why are you here?" Hyuna obviously asked. "Oh please. If you wanna hide without being found. Choose a good place, you know." He sarcastically suggested. "Since when were you here." She horrifyingly ask. "Le'ts see. When you started shouting about me. Being a piece of ." Hyunseung innocently answered. "You...you...heard...me." She feebled. "Yes." Hyunseung's tone changed. They locked eyes and stared steadily. Hyuna feeling quite weak and Hyunseung looking as if he's interrogating someone.

"So, is that the reason you've been weird all day?" He broke the silence. "What now. It has nothing to do with you." Liquids started to form in her pitiful looking eyes. "What do you mean nothing? It's me." Hyunseung was stunned. "You love me." He repeated making Hyuna feel uncomfortable and jerk away from the tree house as fast as she can. "Hyuna, wait!" Startled, he called out. "For, what. You won't even care." Again the monotone voice. "Hyuna, I..." Hyunseung closes his eyes and burried his face into his pretty hands. "Lie." Kim Hyuna said plainly and left the area. Completely. Hyunseung was left hanging once again. He was all alone puzzled with thoughts he never thought he would be thinking. Unexpected and unaccepted he let himself cry for the night.

"Because it's less painful to hear you say I like you and so much better if you'd say I hate you." She sobbed.