Final

Just One Day

 

Someday, you will reach the point when you think that crying is addictive, and you are addicted to it so you can’t help but keep coming back to the one that give you tears.

-

Hoseok always had his apartment unlocked and the door opened for him, and he made sure he was always home apart from work. He always had his phone for 24 hours, and he would be panic when he ran out of battery or when he didn’t get any signal. Even though he lived alone, he always cooked meal for two.

And it was all for him.

The man was too afraid that he wasn’t home or his house was locked if some night he was looking for him. He was worried that when he turned off his phone, he called him saying that he needed help. And he was concerned, that someday, he might come to his house with empty stomach.

In his deepest heart, he hoped that he just stayed a day. Just for a day.

But he never stayed. After he felt less painful, he would tell Hoseok that he was okay and bid goodbye, saying that there was someone waiting for him at home. Hoseok told him to stay, but he never listened. Leaving the man concerned all night long that leads him to one restless night.

 

 

11.55PM

The lights were still on—well, it never turned off. Since Hoseok knew that he was afraid of dark. Hoseok straighten his back, worried was all over his face. Earlier on the day, he called him asked on how to erase blood from clothes saying that he fell when he played soccer. But the man didn’t take his words; he knew that something was wrong.

He caressed a picture-frame beside him. It was old, but memorable. The last day of his peace, and the last night that he could actually sleep without any worry hovering him. “God. If you give me one day, only one day, I really want to see his genuine smile,” he prayed before closed his eyes, hoping that god was kind enough to grant his wish.

Hoseok woke up as he heard the sound of his alarm. Damn, he cursed under his breath as he was sure that he turned it off since it was Sunday. He had nice sleep, since his bolster felt more comfortable then it usually was. Feeling an urge to go to bathroom, he went up only to hear someone winced in pain. “Jimin…” he whispered as he saw the younger boy was lying on his bed. He pulled his blanket to cover him, and his hair that dyed to black now before headed to bathroom.

“Hoseok Hyung.” Hoseok heard someone was calling for him as he saw someone in front of his bedroom’s door. “I came here last night.”

“Did something happen?”

The younger hung his head low as he shook his head. But Hoseok didn’t take his answer and seemed the boy knew it better so he decided to open up. “Yoongi keep bringing girls and guys home and act like I am nothing. Every time I confront him, he always said that he was drunk and we will make up. But he never change but become more and more protective toward me,” he explained, “He left for Daegu last night, and saying that he will come home in one or two days. That’s why, I come here.”

At least I am still the first man you run to, Hoseok thought as he gave Jimin warm bowl of porridge. “Look at you, your cheeks disappeared. Did you even eat at home? Did you think that much about him?”

Jimin smiled bitterly as Hoseok concerned about how he looked now.  He looked at the older boy, he didn’t look better either. Dark circles were visible around his eyes and his body was a lot thinner that it already was before. “Then how about you, Hyung? You don’t look like you eat well too. Did your work stress you so much? How many nights you didn’t sleep, Hyung?”

“I am worried about you,” Hoseok stated as he avoided Jimin’s eyes. “You know that you are always like a younger brother to me, someone that I have responsibility on—“ And you know that I always love you, “—I can’t help but worried about you, did you eat well? Did you have enough sleep?”

“I am okay Hyung. You need to worry about yourself more.”

Hoseok faked a smile. The younger was clearly not okay. “You are not going to leave, right?”

“Not today, I hope.”

 

 

They really spent their day together. Hoseok cherished the day like it was his last day. He cooked for the younger and made him feel like the king. Never did once they talked about Jimin’s relationship, even though Hoseok really wanted to know how he treated Jimin now, or how their relationship was going. But he didn’t have heart to ask, when he saw Jimin smiled like he never smiled for ages. They kept themselves away from that topic until Jimin received a call.

“Hyung, Yoongi knows that I am not home.”

Hoseok didn’t reply. It was what he wanted, though. He wanted Yoongi to knew that he wasn’t the only one that Jimin had.

“Hyung, what should I do? I am afraid that he will be mad at me.”

Again, Hoseok didn’t reply. His teeth gritted and his fist clenched. Jimin-ah, do you afraid of him that much?

“Hyung, can you reply me?”

He couldn’t ignore Jimin anymore, especially when he looked so scared and fragile. It was some sweet and comforting words that Hoseok wanted to say to the younger, but his lips said otherwise, “Why can’t you move on? I can provide you anything. If you want, we can go overseas and have a new life.” The words that he shouldn’t have, even though he already kept it in his mind for years.

“I can’t Hyung.”

“What is so special about Yoongi?”

Jimin didn’t answer. Even he didn’t know what made Yoongi special for him. It just, he couldn’t help but kept coming back. Tears started to escaped to wet his cheeks as he hung his head low, didn’t dare enough to looked at Hoseok in the eyes.

“I never say it out loud, hoping that you will figure it out by yourself. But I only have once chance, and I am going to say it loud and clear,” Hoseok said as he grabbed Jimin’s face and forced him to look at him in the eyes. “I love you.” He said before he felt his body became weak and fell on the couch. He palmed his face and Jimin could hear the elder’s shoulders were shaking. “I always make you laugh but why did you always come to the one that make you cry?”

“Hyung. Thank you for your concern and love. I really appreciated it. But Hyung,” Jimin said as he took a deep breath, he was trembling, “Someday, you will reach the point when you think that crying is addictive, and you are addicted to it so you can’t help but keep coming back to the one that give you tears.”

Hoseok didn’t answer. And he didn’t ask Jimin to reply his confession, because he already knew what the younger’s answer would be. He could feel Jimin went to bedroom and came back after few minutes, ready to leave. And Hoseok knew he could do nothing to prevent him from leaving.

“Yoongi is waiting for me, Hyung.”

Thousands of words were running in Hoseok’s word. He wanted to convince Jimin to stay, but no words came out from his lips as Jimin slowly made his way toward the door. When the younger reached the door knob, he finally managed to utter a sentence, “Park Jimin, can you please stay with me?”

“I am sorry, Hyung,” Jimin barely whispered as he closed the door behind him.

It was always like that. Hoseok opened the door for him and never did once he locked it, hoping the black haired boy would come and never closed the door anymore. But Jimin always broke his hope, as he was the one that always closed the door. Leaving Hoseok worried and concerned all night long.

The clock showed 12.01AM. He asked for one day to be with Jimin, and god really gave him one day before Jimin left him.

And after that night, no one ever closed the door. Because no one even came. But even so, the elder always left the door opened, hoping for the younger boy to come and never close the door. 

 

 

 

A/N:

Final Chapter it is! Thank you for 11 subscribers, i hope it won't disappoint you.

I am working on the sequel right now :) 

Do comments, subscribes, and votes!