Stay with Me

Banana Pancakes

Daehyun opened his eyes to the sound of rain falling and his wife getting ready for work. He his side and admired her frame as she zipped up her pencil skirt. They have only been married for a few months, but they have been friends for years. In fact, he would go as far as to say he knew her better than the menu of his favorite restaurant. What she disliked and what she loved. He knew her favorite color, song, food and number. He knew that she couldn’t stand cauliflower, and she found butterscotch disgusting when it wasn't accompanied with anything else.. But, he loved everything about her, from her stubbornness to her intense love for high heels. He continued to watch her stealthily tiptoe around the room and wondered if she will ever notice the fact that he was already awake. She started putting on her shoes, but she almost fell and bumped into the dresser in the process. She rubbed her hip in pain, and Daehyun couldn't help but snicker at her clumsiness But, his laughter didn’t go unnoticed. He noticed her back straighten and quickly feigned sleepiness.

“Well, I wonder who could have been laughing at me,” Tiana asked as she crept towards her husband’s ‘sleeping’ figure.

Her only responses were the loud snores coming from her husband's motionless body. She didn’t really expect an actual answer, but she remained quiet as she neared the bed. When about ten minutes passed, Daehyun peeked out of one eye only to see his wife nowhere to be found. He sat up and looked around the room, scratching his head in confusion. He didn’t notice his wife sneaking behind him until she tackled him. Daehyun fell on the mattress and looked at his wife in surprise.

Tiana laughed at his shocked face, “That’s what you get for laughing at me.”

“Well two can play at that game,” Daehyun said as he wrestled her onto the bed and in his arms.

“Dae, stop playing, now, I have to go,” Tiana said squirming in his embrace.

“You should have thought about that before you ‘attacked’ me,” Daehyun replied with air quotes and a snort.

“I was trying to be quiet so you could get more sleep, but obviously you didn't appreciate it ,” Tiana said with a hint of frustration.

“You might want to take fighting the furniture off your list of things that won't wake me up then," Daehyun replied with a snicker.

"Well, let's see how much sleep you get on the couch," Tiana said side-eyeing him.

  "C'mon baby don't be like that. Don't you want to spend the day with me lying in bed arguing about your coordinational skills,” Daehyun teased.

"No," Tiana said struggling again, "I need to go to work."

"You don't have to be salty about it," Daehyun said with a frown, "This is the first break I've had in a while, and I really wanted to spend it with you."

"You should have thought about that earlier," Tiana said turning her back to him.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but can't you just call in sick or something. Pretty please," Daehyun begged as he her arm and kissed.the top of her head.

Tiana struggled against the urge to close her eyes and stole a glance at the clock. She had twenty minutes to get to work and it was a ten minute drive in little to no traffic. She mentally weighed the pros and cons of not going and calling in sick. She really hadn’t been able to see Daehyun since he left for Japan, and according to his manager B.A.P. would start promotions again soon. She missed being with him a lot, and she would be lying if she said the thought of lying in bed with him didn’t sound tempting. Who knows when she’ll be able to be lazy like this with him again?

 Tiana sighed before she looked at her husband, “If you can persuade me to miss work within five minutes, I will stay at home today.”

“Are you being serious right now,” Daehyun said in disbelief, “I only have five minutes.”

“You're lucky I gave you that, and you better work fast; a minute has already passed,” Tiana said pointing at the clock.

“Aish,” Daehyun ruffled his hair in frustration, “Remember when we were in college and you used to make me go to class even though I had already debuted and it was pointless?”

“Yeah,” Tiana answered, “But how does that apply to getting me to stay here with you now?”

“You’ll see. Do you remember the song I used to sing on days like this when neither one of us really wanted to go to our schedules, or anywhere for that matter?”

“I remember it being really slow and calming, but that’s about it,” Tiana said, her forehead wrinkling in thought.

“I guess I’ll have to remind you then,” Daehyun said with a wink before clearing his throat.

The sound of rain filled the room as Daehyun began humming the song’s tune. Tiana listened attentively. Suddenly her eyes lit up in recognition of the song. Daehyun just smiled and pulled her closer as he began to sing.

Can't you see that it's just raining?
Ain't no need to go outside...
But, baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep you
From doing what you're supposed to.
Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now

And we could pretend it all the time.

Daehyun paused to give Tiana a quick kiss on her forehead before he continued.

But the telephone is singing
Ringing
It's too early
Don't pick it up
We don't need to
We got everything
We need right here
And everything we need is enough
Just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?
Wake up slow, mmm mm, wake up slow

Daehyun finished the song and looked down at his wife for approval.

“So are you going to stay here with me,” Daehyun asked wriggling his eyebrows.

“I can’t believe I married such a grease ball,” Tiana said rolling her eyes at Daehyun’s face.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Daehyun assumed wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Only if you finish singing the song for me,” Tiana said with a smirk.

“Okay, but what do I get out of all of this,” Daehyun said with a chuckle.

“Hmm, I’ll make you banana pancakes,” Tiana said with a cheesy smile.

“Who’s the grease ball now,” Daehyun teased.

“It’s still you,” Tiana laughed and snuggled closer to Daehyun.

Daehyun only laughed and began to sing the song again. Eventually the only thing that could be heard were the sounds of their snores over the rain falling outside their window.

 

 

 

 

A/N: So what did you guys think? Would you have a lazy day with Daehyun istead of going to work/class? Please feel free to leave comments and tell me what you think.  -Jupiter >.<