Dreams of Flying

Dreams of Flying

Hyung was always very nice to cuddle with. We would always stay in his room and he would hug me, as he stared at the spinning ceiling fan. 

Hyung didn't speak much, but he used to smile a bit when I asked him about the funny lines on his arms. He used to change the topic and talk about how heaven must be a nice place. I agreed, all the good people should go to heaven. Then when Hyung asked if he should go, I said yes and he started crying. 

I didn't understand why. 

 

--

 

When Hyung's exams started, I barely ever saw him. He was always in his room studying. Mummy and daddy used to yell at him if they didn't think he was doing well enough. Then they would scream at him when they thought he wasn't eating. 

Hyung was always very quiet when they shouted at him. He never said bad words and always disappeared into his room afterwards. I told mummy and daddy that Hyung was trying really hard but they ignored me. 

 

--

 

One day, Hyung brought home a boy. Mummy and daddy looked at the boy funny. The boy introduced himself as Yi Fan and said that he was going to help Hyung with his English, so that he wouldn't fail. This was the first time mummy and daddy smiled at Hyung in a long time. 

I laughed and Yi Fan Hyung smiled at me. He said he'll bring a lollipop if I was very quiet whilst he taught Joonmyun Hyung. When Yi Fan Hyung shook my hand, I saw he had funny lines on his arms too. I didn't say anything, because I remembered mummy got mad at Hyung once for having the lines on his arms. 

I heard Mummy and Daddy leave the house, they said Hyung should make sure I was okay. I promised to be good so Hyung didn't need to check. Hyung had to study with Yi Fan Hyung. 

Daddy patted my head before shutting the door. I immediately ran for my room and began drawing. 

I drew Hyung with a halo because he looked like an angel. Yi Fan Hyung was really handsome too, so I drew him with a halo too. 

Hyung still came to visit me, even though I told him he didn't need to. He asked who I drew and I said him and Yi Fan Hyung. 

"Everyone with lines on their arms are angels, Hyung," I said proudly, pointing to Hyung and the picture, "Hyung and Yi Fan Hyung are angels. That's why you talk about heaven a lot, right, Hyung? Should I get lines on my arms too?" 

Hyung made a weird noise, before he started to cry. 

 

--

 

Yi Fan Hyung started coming home more often, but Mummy and Daddy weren't giving him nice smiles. I didn't understand, why couldn't mummy and daddy be nice to Hyung? He was an angel!

That day, Mummy and Daddy told me to go to my room, they wanted to talk to Hyung and Yi Fan Hyung about something. 

When Hyung came upstairs, his cheeks were wet, and he cuddled with me. He didn't have to say anything, I knew Mummy and Daddy said nasty things to Hyung and that made me sad too. 

 

--

 

I remember when Hyung first told me he wanted to fly. When we cuddled, he would point to the ceiling fan and follow it with his finger. 

"I'll tie a rope and then I'll fly with the help of the fan. Maybe I can fly to heaven, then." Hyung smiled wistfully, he hugged me tighter and breathed into my hair. Hyung had dark things under his eyes, because he studied a lot. I still thought Hyung looked handsome. 

"But Hyung... What about Yi Fan Hyung? Shouldn't you bring him to heaven too?" 

Hyung nodded, he ran his fingers in my hair and sang me to sleep. Hyung had a very pretty voice. 

 

--

 

"Do you think I should try flying today?" Hyung asked me when he picked me up from school, "I think I need to practice first." 

I agreed and wished Hyung good luck. I said that if flying made Hyung happy then he should keep trying.

 

--

 

A week later and I wanted Hyung to help me on my homework. After we finished I asked, "Hyung... Are you still practicing to fly or are you going to try flying again?" 

"I'm going to try, today." Hyung smiled at me and kissed my hair softly. "If I don't stop flying, tell mummy and she'll get me down. Mummy knows what to do because she has a very special touch, okay, Jongdae?"

I nodded and waited outside his room. 

 

--

 

When I came back inside, I was happy to see Hyung was flying. I was fascinated by how pretty Hyung looked when he flew.

I decided to tell mummy that he managed to do it.

"Mummy, come look! Hyung is flying! He's going to fly to heaven now, Mummy!" I smiled widely, grabbing Mummy's hand and running up the stairs excitedly. 

But when mummy came in the room, she didn't laugh or clap. She cried. 

Why did mummy cry? 

Hyung always wanted to fly.

 

 


Hello hello nice to meet you.

Uhm Idk was that bad? It was really short and it sounds childish because its from a child's perspective and ack it's not what I'm used to doing! I don't know why I keep stepping out of my safety zones it makes me scared.

Anyways if you guys were wondering, it was kinda based on this:

Look+Master+can+fly_93e7eb_4723360.jpg

And I wondered if it would be okay from a child's perspective so there you have it, I guess. Sorry if it's really bad...

If you liked it or have any thing to say (and I mean as constructive critism I don't mean bashing, I'm faint hearted) I'd like to see it in the comments section please :)) If you want to read more of my fics, please subscribe and if you really think this thing was worth anything, please.... upvote?

 

Lots of love, 

Cheeseypuffes. xxx