{ 1/1 }

Fake date

word count: 2886


 

After his very first fitness test, Jongup became the hot shot of all academy. Not only because of his high skills as for first year, not only for his body, but mostly thanks to his face. Yes, stuntmen aren't much handsome, but they're not there to look nice, right? Either way, rumors in the academy spreads in the speed of light and soon enough there was one special flower after him, Kim Himchan. Or better, flawless director Kim Himchan, already with one award for his short commertial campaign.

It made Jongup flatter, because woah, famous student wanted to give his time to shy and awkward and short and insecure Moon Jongup, but the butterflies faded rather quickly. Because Himchan was as demanding person as demanding director he is on the shooting set and it made Jongup sick on the stomach. All the talking from Himchan's mouth felt as if younger were his personal possession, toy, a thing.

He kind of distanced himself from the older, because that started to be toxic. Unfortunately, Himchan always found the way to be around and remind him that yes, he is the one Jongup will ever need in his life.

Because of skinship director was indicating all the time, Jongup felt uncomfortable at breaks, but he wasn't convincing enough to pry these grabby hands off of himself. So he thought that getting a boyfriend would be a good solution in this situation.

 

On summer break, Jongup simply changed facebook status. And that was a mistake, because his inbox was spammed with Himchan spazm “Oh, sweetheart, you've finally admitted you want to be with me?”. He hadn't respond to that and that was his second mistake, because on first day back to classes he gained himself a whiny Himchan all over him.

“Tell me, Jonguppie, you've finally realized how amazing man I am, right?”

“Himchan..” he gritted teeth stopping himself from exploading. “I met someone, okay?”

“Of course! It is me, you dummy.”

“No, Himchan, it's someone else, alright? Would you now get off me?”

Older scoffed. “Don't joke around. Everyone knows you're mine.”

“Then better update information, because I have a boyfriend and that is not you.”

And that was his third mistake, because how the hell is he going to convince Himchan without actual boyfriend?

 

Giving it some thoughts instead of paying attention at lecture, the only option Jongup has is to ask some other hot shot to fake relationship with him. Because, honestly, Himchas is really high ranged student and not so many average would want to compite with him, even with just faking. This complicates the whole thing, cause Jongup knows none of them in person, only from names and well, rumors. Speaking of rumors, one name popped into his head with the lessest gossips from party and life.

Jung Daehyun.

Third year. Mastering in voice acting. Occassionally collaborating as singer and model. Gentleman. Paying attention to his clothes. The only negative rumors are thanks to his high notes – because people assume him to be loud bottom, but the other seems like having no best friend to confirm that, therefore, about his personal life only fairytales are spread. Also, Jongup hasn't seen him at any party Himchan dragged him to nor was he glued to his phone like anybody else; good sign.

 

With heart full of hope he went to look for Daehyun on his lunch period. And there he was: spread on a bench near the less usen drink machine just by the entrance to outside cafeteria; black thighs, white messy shirt and gold locks standing in all directions. And so Jongup froze in his spot.

Is he really going to do it? What if the other will laugh him out? Or even agree? What if-

The sound of can crushing into the bin shook him out of his little panick attack. These students who stayed on lunch at campus were already outside chatting while munching, so there was only the two of them in the corridor. Jongup doesn't need witnesses.

“Hey!” he heard his voice before he could think of what to say.

And so the other turned around to face him. “Yes, can I help you?”

Jongup didn't expect voice this deep from the other, which brought goose bumps down his spine. Nonetheless, he awkwardy stepped to the older. “Um, you're Jung Daehyun?”

“Correct. And you?”

“Me? Oh, I'm Moon Jongup from second year.” he smiled sheepishly before hanging his head down to look at his nervous fingers playing with the hem of his t-shirt.

“Okay, Jongup. Nice to meet you.” Does he heard smile in this sentense?

When he looked up the other indeed was smiling and it took his breath away.

“Perhaps..” Daehyun started while raising an eyebrow “..is there something you want to tell me?”

“Yes, I, um..” Jongup looked around, maybe there would be something which could help him.

But this embarassing moment stopped little sigh of the other. “I can see this is imporatant, so why don't you come with me and watch the rest of the photoshoot while calming a bit down, hm? It left around 30 minutes and after that we can eat something maybe?”

“Oh, you're in hurry? Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt.”

“It's okay. They released me for a little drink.”

“Oh.”

“By the way, are you homophobic? Because the campaign we're doing is meant to be a little controvert.”

“No no, I'm 100% gay and the only phobia I got is agoraphobia, for the open spaces.”

The silence settled between them and only then Jongup realized what he had said. He clapsed hand over his mouth, but the other was already chuckling soundlessly.

“Gosh, I didn't-- No, I wasn't suppose to say that. Jeez, let me just, um..”

Daehyun watched him struggle with some amusement. But time was ticking. “Jongup, my director is going to kick my if I won't come back, so.. Are you coming with me?”

He blinked at the sound of his name leaving those plummy lips. It felt respectfull, not like the whining Jonguppie coming out from Himchan.

It only took small nod for Daehyun to carefully put hand on Jongup's shoulder and lead him along.

“Just don't be too loud. Himchan is great, but can be distracted too easly and then whole staff is on fire.”

Jongup stiffed. “Himchan? This Kim Himchan is your director?”

“Don't worry. He won't even notice I brought you in.”

He got no time to protest, because next thing Daehyun did was pulling on the handle and walking with him into a room with tinted light. In the middle stood grey screen with special umbrellas all around, cameras, some funny objects Jongup couldn't name this quick, because older led him behind temporary curtain. In the same moment coordi ladies almost attacked Daehyun to fix his hair with new layer of hair spray and to put lip gloss all over his lips again. Model was only able to mumble “See you in some” before ladies dragged him to the spotlight.

“There you are!” Jongup flinched at the sound of this voice. “Mannequin and fabric heart first. Remember, we're recording now, so focus only on camera in front of you. Understood?”

“Ay ay captain.”

“Play the song now.”

People started to get on their positions, but all Jongup could hear was Daehyun's voice in speakers. The song itself sounded familiar, but the taste of other's interpretation made him blush a little. So he sinked into the lyrics, shaking head at some louder remarks of the director. When they've put chorus on repeat, Jongup peeked from behind the curtain to grab some from the concept.

Sewing mannequin in front of Daehyun to look like his famine body, plastic arms with polished nails – mirror of the lyrics. And then the red stain making said heart attack even more dramatic. Well, it wasn't as controvert as some would suspect it to be. Himchan was the one to be screaming with soft words when it comes to his kind of art. And the model.. Jongup sighed. He was actually glad that he came to Daehyun.

After taking bloody mannequin away, they recorded some lip sync to the last chorus. Only that the singer actually sang, because director wanted to picture his neck veins. And all this insane glory of Daehyun throwing himself around the spotlight, tugging at his hair and clenching his chest, it actually calmed him.

 

“And cut!”

People gratulated each other, thanked, shook hands. In all this mess Daehyun sneaked behind the curtain, fixed his shirt, put gray cardigan over it and grabbed his backpack.

“You're ready?”

Jongup blinked. Damn, he shouldn't have stared.

The other reached hand for him in invating gesture and with small flattering of a heart Jongup took it.

They almost made it to the door when “Dae, you're leaving already?”

“We're done, so yes, captain.”

“But I thought-” sentense died when Himchan spotted his favourite. “Jongup, what are you doing here?”

“Not your business, captain, since he's with me and we're leaving. Bye!” without waiting for reply Daehyun kicked the door open and almost flew through them, bringing Jongup just after himself. “Such drama queen. Seriously, I told him million times to stay away from me after work is done.”

Jongup smiled to himself at the grumping from the other. Actually, he wanted to be like this; to tell Himchan to stay away and be able to simply leave the room.

“Sorry for that. I just don't like how Himchan can get clingy at times so I'm not allowing him close to me in any way.”

“Actually, it's related to why I'm here.”

“Oh?”

Jongup looked to his feet and let the other lead him. “You see, Himchan picked me for his doll. At least, it all makes me feel like his doll. And everytime I want to get out, I just can't. I thought that maybe getting myself a boyfriend would change something and the deeper I thought the better you fit for this. I mean, Himchan can't lay hands on you and such, and.. Yeah, I know I sound patethic and weak, but.. I want you to be my fake boyfriend. You know, nothing intimidating, only be around me, especially at campus.”

They arrived at small and almost empty coffee shop. Without looking at him, Daehyun took orders for two pinacolada bubble teas and two big pieces of brownies with vanilla ice cream on top. The longer older wasn't looking at him the more Jongup grew nervous. Does he crossed the line?

Younger was in the middle of his sweet treat when he heard “My answer is no.”

With loud ring he put his fork away and looked at the other with teary eyes.

“You're cute, but I'm too good to be faking” Daehyun stated with small shrug. “Either you want the whole intimidating packache, or find other way for your problem.”

“But I-”

“Look, you said yourself that you feel like a doll. Doesn't your request going to make a doll out of me? Besides, in faking things like that one side always gets attatched and I know myself pretty well, so I'm not going into faking, alright?”

Jongup nodded “Sounds fair enough.”

“So, leave the long face and think again. Here's my number. Text me your decision, because I can feel that I already have Himchan after me. It would be better to know what I can say to protect myself.”

“Okay.” Jongup took paper with number and shoved it into his pocket. “I'm sorry.”

“Don't be sorry. “ Daehyun poked his cheek lightly. “Not yet.”

 

He took longer way home. All the things settled into his head making him feel uneasy.

Heck, Daehyun was right. That pact would make him used. Just the way Himchan does to him. But, does he really wants to date the vocal boy? Like, is there a certain reason related to that very boy, not to Himchan? Sure thing, that same enemy can unite people, but that is not the foundations Jongup would want to build anything on.

As on call adrenaline was back there in the pit of his stomach.

With heavy sigh Jongup picked his phone and paper with number.

 

MunJups: You really want to get yourself this parody of a man?

JugDaes: Just because my voice is firm, doesn't mean I'm not parody of a man as well.

MunJups: Can't tell if you're just nice or honest.

JugDaes: I can't bring myself to fake, means I have to be honest *3*

 

Jongup snorted at the emoji.

 

MunJups: So boyfriends, huh?

JugDaes: YOU WROTE IT YOURSELF SO NO TAKING BACK!!!@!!11

MunJups: Shush, hyung.

JugDaes: Since now call me Hyunnie ~

MunJups: Alright Hyunnie, see you tomorrow =3=

 

 

The next day they sat together in cafeteria, chatting about anything and everything. To Jongup's surprise, they looked like regular friends, as if there was no commitment between them. But the hell was he expecting at their first day? Making out in public?

Then, the storm cloud appeared. Or actually, Kim Himchan came in with killing glance and made his way straight to their table.

“Jung Big-Mouth Daehyun, I demand an answer” director shoved his fists onto table's surface making Jongup flinch in his seat.

Daehyun lazyly looked at the panting bull. “Perhaps, you should ask a question first?”

“Drop your stupid manner and tell me, since when you even know Jongup, huh? Aren't you the biggest loner our there? You barely have a hunded friends on facebook, yet you-”

“Woah woah, hold up right there. Did you just bring facebook to this conversation?”

“Damn right. Because you don't even have Jongup in friends.”

“And from what I remember you don't have your parent in your friends, so does it mean you don't know or even have them?”

Himchan's face turned red in anger. This was the first time the youngest saw him in this state and he felt cold sweat creeping on his nape, but the truth is, staff working with director saw this bull at least once, so Daehyun simply sized the other down and up with his round honey eyes. “Why are you still standing here?”

“Because you, that's why. Jongup is my! You hear me?!?”

Stuntman curled in his seat, because now people were staring at the scene curiously. This was going to be bad.

“Jongup is someone's son, someone's grandson, someone's brother, most likely someone's cousin too. He's my boyfriend as well. Just, any of this makes him someone's property, so please, stop assuming things just because you post on your holy facebook selfies with him every once in two weeks, okay? People can clearly see who is forced to take these pictures.”

If anyone had doubts as to what Daehyun is doing on his department, they heard now. His little speech was echoing with power even in calm tone of his, accented in perfect way to emphasize his point. Himchan could only stare at his motionless face, now glowed up with small heat on his cheeks. How does voice actor can be this composed in such nerve wrecking situation? Or maybe all of this was just fake? After all, Big-Mouth is a good model, other way he wouldn't take him for his projects.

“If you have nothing more to say..” Daehyun paused snapping Himchan out of his thoughts. “If you have nothing else to say I should thank you for our collaboration, but if this going to affect your work, and I can tell it will, then we can't continue working together. Please, inform professors about it next time they give you assignment, would you?”

“D-Daehyun” Jongup gasped and put hand over older's one. Only then he noticed that despite calmness on his posture and face, his palms were shaking madly. “Don't say things you're going to regret later.”

The later squeezed his hand lightly. “I'm sure there is someone who can eventually stand director's temperament enough to work in his team.”

Their audience gasped. They have never heard anyone turning Kim Himchan down when it comes to working together. No one actually dared to speak to the man in other way than truckling agreement. Even professors were to young director's disposition. But it looks like Jung Daehyun is brave enough to not bow to the self-proclaimed king, so maybe things at academy are going to be good all over again?

 

Himchan left cafeteria with no other words and people chuckled in relief. They expected some fight till the end, not escape of the fearless man. But for other ambitious directors and producers it means that talented voice actor is no longer unspoken property of Kim's team.

Just Daehyun couldn't care any less at the moment. He shoved his face into Jongup's palms and breathed deeply. He may look composed and all, but inside he is trembling mess every time adrenaline comes into his veins; during finals, while agruing, while posing and recording.

And Jongup softly caressed his cheeks with his thumbs. “It's okay. I got you.”

 

 


A/N: Okay, so.. this was written in great passion last night and I just finished correcting little errors, but if you still see any please, let me know. I want this to be flawless ;n;

And yeah, the song on their photoshoot is Demi's Lovato. You can check male version linked in forewords though.