Chapter 6: Proposal (Flashback)

One More Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback:

 

Jiyeon was still in her bed, even she’s not sleepy she still lying like there’s no tomorrow, both eyes looking at her phone in her side. Her facial expression was not typical to her—eyebrow twitch, frowned face and looks really mad at all.

 

*tok. Tok. Tok

 

Jiyeon didn’t mind the person outside in her room; instead she covers her body with her blanket.

 

Taecyeon: Yah! Jiyeon-nie! Are you not going to eat or what? Umma was really worried to you.

 

But Jiyeon didn’t response. Taecyeon open the door and saw Jiyeon pretending she was sleeping.

 

Taecyeon: Yah! How long you plan to waste your time here in your room? Come on. Let’s eat. I will call Jungie (Eunjung) to hang you out.

 

Still didn’t response.

 

Taecyeon: *took a deep sighed* Arrasso. I know why you acting like that, Jiyeon-ah. Listen, his really busy right now, that’s why he can’t give you a call or what. Just understand him okay? Jin, will definitely freak out knowing you making yourself imprisoned here. *Then he closes the door*

 

Jiyeon open her eyes, with tears. He really misses Jinwoon--- badly. It’s almost six months since Jinwoon went to States for some family business matters, and for these months, Jiyeon didn’t receive any message or even call for him. That makes her feel so nervous and the same time worried. Worried to the extent that she was so scared that might Jinwoon found another girl and forgot her.  She shook her head, just thinking of it, it makes her heart broken into pieces. Plus, the fact that today was their 4th year being in couple.

 

Jiyeon: Do you really forget our anniversary today? I hate you Jinwoon! *She covers her body with blanket again and turns beck her body to her phone.*

 

KRIINNGGGG.

 

Jiyeon immediately turn her head the moment she heard her phone rang, she didn’t pay attention to the caller instead she immediately answer her phone.

 

 

Jiyeon: Yoboseo?!*Really excited*

 

Eunjung: Oh! Dino Ji! Gwenchana? Aiggoo. I’m so worried Taec. called me.

 

Jiyeon: *looks disappointed* Neh *answer in her weak voice*

 

Eunjung: Let’s go out. What do you think? I’m going to pick you up.

 

Jiyeon: Mianhe unnie. I want to take rest. I will hang up. Bye.

 

Eunjung: Yah! Dino Ji---

 

*toot..toot..*

 

Jiyeon throw her phone to the side of bed, she turn her back again and close her eyes.

 

 

30 minutes later…

 

 

Boram: Yah! JIYEON!!! *Shaking Jiyeon’s body, she was sleeping* PARK JIYEON!! wake up!!!!! *Still shaking her*

 

Jiyeon: *Opens her eyes, she was surprised seeing Boram in her front* Boram unnie?! *Quickly stood up*

 

Boram: Yeh. It’s me. Yah! What are you doing huh? I’m been texting you so many times but you didn’t reply? Aiggoo. See my beautiful precious finger of mine hurts. *Crossing her arms*

 

Jiyeon: *Took her phone and saw there are 50 message in her phone all from Boram* Mianhe. I fell at slept.

 

Boram: Ka ja! Let’s go!

 

Jiyeon: Where unnie? I don’t want to go out.

 

Boram: Chincha? Tss. You will go with me. *Took Jiyeon hands*

 

 

---

 

Jiyeon: Unnie where we going? And wae I dress like this? *looking at Boram who was busy driving her car; she was wearing a white tube- balloon dress; her hair was slightly curled on the bottom. *

 

(she was wearing this)

 

 

Boram: Stop asking okay? Just shut your mouth for a while arrasso?

 

 

Jiyeon didn’t talked instead she looks outside the window, she remain silent on the other hand, Boram was looking at her in the front mirror with a smiled in her face. Soon enough, they came on a placed that makes Jiyeon puzzled off.

 

Jiyeon: *As she was going outside to the car* Unnie? What are we going to do here? Are we going to hike in this place wearing like this?

 

Boram: *rolled her eyes* Geez. Seriously? Dino Ji? Do you left your brain in your house? Geez. Were not hiking here, just followed me.

 

 

Jiyeon can’t help but look at her surroundings while they were walking. All she can see were trees. They kept on walking in the dark forest like place that in the first Jiyeon was afraid of. As they kept walking, all you can hear was chirping of birds and the breeze of air. The moon was the only light in the dark night.  Boram stops like she was searching something in her handbag.

 

Jiyeon: Wae unnie? *Looks curious*

 

Boram: aiggo. I forgot my key in the car

 

Jiyeon: Chincha?

 

Boram: Okay. I will just go back at the parking, you should go first. Just go on that way. *points out the way*

 

Jiyeon: Yah! Unnie! Shiru!

 

Boram: YAH! YAH! YAH! Just go okay

 

Jiyeon: UNNIE

 

Boram: You don’t need to be afraid off. Trust me okay? Just go on that way, arrasso. No one will hurt you in this place trust me. *Smiles* Eveything is gonna be alright.

 

 

Jiyeon continue to walk in the way her Boram unnie instructed to her, in her half way, she really wants to back out; she was really afraid, all she can hear was the sounds of chirping, she turn her head and she realizes that the way she’s been passed off are now all eaten by the dark.

 

Dug.dug.dug.

 

Her heartbeats faster same as how her nervousness increases.

 

Jiyeon: Otteoke? Why it’s all dark now? *Biting her finger nails*

 

She took a deep breath before decided to continue walking. She walks with a heavy slowly steps, then she saw a tree with a big signage enough for her to read. She quickly went near to the signage.

 

“TAKE THIS BOX BABY JI^^”

 

Jiyeon took the box and opens it, she saw a crumpled paper, she opens it and read the contents of it.

 

“BABY JI? LET’S TEST YOUR PATIENCE… HOW LONG COULD YOU SURVIVE THIS GAME? CONTINUE THIS JOURNEY AS LONG YOU CAN FINISH IT. ^^, BUT WAIT, I FORGOT YOU CAN’T BACK OUT^^ SEE? THE LIGHTS IN THE WAY YOU BEEN PASSED BY ARE ALREADY GONE ^^ SO YOU DON’T HAVE ANY CHOICE BUT TO CONTINUE THIS. ^^”

 

Jiyeon made faced as she read the content.

 

Jiyeon: Chincha? Aisssh. I’m going crazy. I’m going home. *She step her feet back but stops the moment she saw nothing but darkness* Aissshh. Are they having fun orf me? *Stamps her feet, it was relief she was not wearing hills today, thanks for Boram who prohibited her*

 

 

As she continue to walk, she was amazed in everything she saw, late realization hits to her, that in every step she takes, the lights come out in the trees and even grasses but it will definitely faded away as long she passes on it. It was like a magic. She keeps on walking until she was surprised seeing her Hyomin unnie sitting like a goddess in the small bench. Hyomin smiled at her as she approaches Jiyeon.

 

 

Jiyeon: Hyomin unnie? What is happening?

 

Instead, Hyomin just smiled at her and give her a pink envelope with embroided heart. Jiyeon opens it and read what written on it.

 

“JUNE 7 1993… DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE SPECIAL HAPPENING ON THAT DATE WAS? THAT’S THE EXACTLY THE DATE THAT FINALLY A VERY BEAUTIFUL ANGEL CAME OUT TO THIS WORLD”

 

 

Jiyeon smiled on what she read, she looks at her Hyomin unnie who was smiling at her, finally Hyomin gesture her to walk, she points out the next direction she needs to go. In returned Jiyeon smiled heartedly.

 

Jiyeon continue to walk, she walks until she saw a fountain besides of a narrow street surrounded by a dried leaves. She stops on the fountain the moment she saw Soyeon unnie soaking her hands in the fountain. She approaches her unnie.

 

Jiyeon: Unnie. *She called*

 

Soyeon: *smiled, just like Hyomin she didn’t say anything but give Jiyeon a another pink envelope*

 

Jiyeon opens the envelop and read the contents.

 

“NOVEMBER 8 1998... DID YOU REMEMBER THIS DAY? THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU… ”

 

 

Jiyeon l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter