one

After

"What's your story?"

"I'm sorry-what?" Taemin asked in a confused state where he did not know where he is. One minute he felt like he was collapsing and then he opens his eyes to here.

"How did you die? Everyone here has a story. Jinki over there died because he failed to look left and right before he crossed the road." the feline-like boy asked him again. The young nineteen year Lee Taemin was still dazed and confused. Obviously since his heart just stop hours ago and now here he was. In this odd place where he could see clouds below him and stars above. It wasn't just him here, but lots more including this pair in front of him. One had silvered coloured hair while the other had feline-like eyes.

"Cancer." Taemin mumbled out as he was lead by the pair to sit on the grass. Taemin was awed by how blue the grass was , how light he felt while he sat. It was as if he didn't bear any flesh.

"That's a ty way to die." the silver-haired boy chukled darkly.

"How did you two- y'now get here?"

"How did we die Jjong?" the feline boy asked as he lightly bit the other's shoulders.

"I drove our car off a cliff." the one called Jjong answered.

"That's ty way to die." Taemin retorts back.

"Dying is ty."

"What are  your names?" Taemin decides to ask because even if he was dead and afloat here(wherever here is)  he did not want to be alone in this foreign place where all the colours are wrong. Like things were floating but they weren't. Leaves ruffling but there was no wind. The grass was blue, the sky was purple, there was no sun yet there entire place was bright.

"Jonghyun."

"Key."

"Taemin."

"So pretty little Taemin, who's heart did you break?" the one named Key lightly asked as he rested his head on Jonghyun's lap.

"What do you mean?"

"You died. Who cried for you?" Key said to the recently bed-ridden cancer striken boy.

"Key baby, I don't think that's an appropriate question for you to ask. He did just like- die. Give him some air to breathe." Jonghyun says, flicking Key's forehead to make him listen. This boy just died because of ty cancer, at least give him a minute to get used to things-whatever things are.

"There's no air to breathe here idiot." Key lightly punches the elder's stomach. Earning a small groan from Jonghyun.

"Where are we?" Taemin asks. Even if he is not sure he wants to;ready to hear the answer. What could he do even if he knew where he was.

"Somewhere between here and there. We call it a resting stop before going to heaven-" Jonghyun answers.

"Or hell." Key continues the sentence with a small laugh.

"Oh."

"Don't worry, you seem-good. Like the angels that come to visit us sometimes." Key says to the slightly confused boy. He and Jonghyun loved talking to the newbies sent here. The rest of the hearts here were old, mostly very old. Having died due to old age or weak bodies.

"To see if we behave." Jonghyun chuckles, covering his lips with his fist as though he and Key had been up to no good recently.

"So, who's heart did you break?" Key asks again.

"His name is Minho." Taemin lightly answers, smiling a little sad smile even if his lips felt numb.

"Your boyfriend?" Jonghyun guesses because he knows that look on Taemin's face. A few of the ones here had that look when they arrived after the angel of death took them.

"He loves me I suppose. I love him too. But we weren't exactly -us. Died too soon."

"So sad."

"So so sad."

 

 


"So what's your name?"

"Minho." the tall boy answers as he gets greeted by an odd pair.

"Let me guess-suicide?" the one with the feline eyes asks.

"Or heartbroken?" the one with silver hair asked, a hint of mischief in his tone.

"Maybe both." the feline-boy said in delight.

"How did you-"

"Your Taemin is waiting for you."

 

 

 

 

author's note: what did i just write?good night guys.