babies and puppies

(let's not) rock-a-bye baby

 

(let's not ) rock-a-bye baby 

 

also cross posted on LJ


 

 

jongin really loves babies.

 

which explains why he is constantly in front of the computer screen, giggling and cooing like an oversized baby (oh the irony) as he browses cute baby websites and watches videos starring adorable little infants less than three months old. said videos are a minute long with just the baby sleeping, burping and gurgling or making incoherent little mumbling noises.

 

if jongin is lucky, he would come across a video of a baby smiling and showing those healthy pink gums of hers. if he hits gold, jongin will get to listen to a baby’s first laugh which consist of lots of endearingly high pitch giggling and gurgling.

 

and then jongin would proceed to download the videos into his phone so that he could watch them without waiting painstakingly long for them to buffer. besides, his internet connection isn’t on a stable relationship with him nowadays.

 

jongin really do love babies.

 

he’s nineteen and ready to convince his boyfriend slash future husband to adopt one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“babies? did you say babies?” kyungsoo’s voice has risen up a few notches higher, his eyes wide and judging as he tries to keep them focused on the road. trust his touchy boyfriend to distract him whenever he’s driving and let’s not mention the last time jongin tried to kiss him and the poor boy ended up with nursing his crotch from kyungsoo’s ice fist.

 

“yes, babies.” jongin holds on tightly to his seatbelt, afraid that kyungsoo might halt his car all of a sudden and cause him to fly out - no, that isn’t a nice way to end his life. “technically, i would say a baby but yeah i was talking about babies.”

 

“yes, what about them?” kyungsoo offhandedly asks and switches to gear three, accelerating quickly after the traffic light turns yellow.

 

“they are the cutest little angels.” jongin pulls out his phone and swipes away his lockscreen, cooing at the display photo he has set. actually he saved this photo from an online shop that sells baby clothes. he squeals femininely and shoves his phone into kyungsoo’s face.  “look, hyung, look at this cutiepie and say that she isn’t the most adorable bundle of cells you’ve ever seen!”

 

 

kyungsoo releases an indignant squeak when jongin’s index finger accidentally pokes his nose. his grip on the steering wheel tightens. “i am trying to drive here, jongin.” he makes himself sound accusive then glances at jongin’s phone for a second. kyungsoo couldn’t stopthe fond smile stretching across his lips because the baby is sort of cute, it reminds him of his niece who’s turning one next year.

 

“see, she’s perfect right?” jongin grins, fairly pleased that he has managed to coax a smile out of his boyfriend. “wait, i have more photos…” he taps his phone in a hurry, as if eager to show kyungsoo more of what he has saved. he stops tapping and stares at the screen for a while, obviously dazed. “this baby reminds me of you, hyung.”

 

kyungsoo nearly snorts because he is twenty and his face is no where close to looking alike to a baby. (that’s not what others say to him though.) he stops at another traffic light and this time, he turns to his side to see what jongin has been admiring. the first comment that leaves kyungsoo’s plush lips is, “he has big round eyes.”

 

jongin couldn’t help but chuckle, his gaze meeting kyungsoo’s. “just like yours.”

 

it’s the intense gaze in jongin’s dark shadowy eyes that makes kyungsoo’s face hot from the overwhelming attention he’s given. it’s really unfair that jongin could easily make him blush without doing much. the effect has been happening for more than ten years and the way jongin makes him feel is pretty much still the same like his teenage dream.

 

“hyung,” jongin wets his lips hesitantly. he doesn’t know how to approach this matter because from what he has gathered, kyungsoo has never once mentioned about starting a family with him (but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to right?).

 

“jongin.” kyungsoo’s dulcet voice sounds like warning alarms in the younger’s head. “oh fudge,” he shrieks when a lorry honks him from the back and he quickly changes gear again to get the car moving.

 

jongin pouts, disappointed that he has been interrupted. he sulks in his seat and continues to watch his baby videos while he lets kyungsoo focus on his driving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

it’s when jongin’s computer needs a fix that kyungsoo realises that his boyfriend is indeed obsessed. he always knew that jongin is different from his ex-boyfriends. to his surprise, he doesn’t find any websites in jongin’s history. well, that’s a new revelation.

 

“remind me again why your computer’s history is full of baby websites.” kyungsoo trips himself into jongin’s arms on the couch. their legs tangle together but they don’t seem to mind as they sink into each other’s personal bubble.

 

strong hands wrapping themselves around his boyfriend’s tiny waist, jongin rubs his nose over the soft locks of kyungsoo’s hair. it smells heavenly like home. home sweet home.  jongin sighs, “i love babies. you know right.”

 

kyungsoo buries his face into jongin’s chest, a half-muttered “i know” leaving his mouth.

 

jongin traces a path along the expanse of kyungsoo’s creamy neck down to his backbone gently. he revels in the pleasant sigh kyungsoo emits and hugs the lithe body closer to his. he wants time to stop and let them live forever in this moment.

 

“i love you, hyung.”

 

 

“mm.” the older male hums, unmoving.

 

“you’re supposed to say i love you too.” jongin pretends to sound annoyed but he isn’t, how could he be when he has perfect do kyungsoo in his arms.

 

the doe eyed male snorts. “ok.”

 

he waits for a few seconds but there is nothing. jongin huffs and playfully cat scratches kyungsoo’s back. “mean.”

 

“you know i love you.” kyungsoo mumbles and he sounds really tired. if they aren’t conversing, he’ll be asleep in jongin’s arms by now, the rhythm of jongin’s chest moving up and down as he breathes will lull him to sleep.

 

it’s not his fault the words leave him without his permission. “yes, perfect, we should adopt and start a family of our own too.” jongin doesn’t find the energy to make excuses anymore because it’s been in his chest for too long. there’s a twinge of pain in his heart when kyungsoo bolts up instantly, away from him, a blank expression set across his cherubic face.

 

“what.” kyungsoo deadpans. it reminds jongin of the time when he set kyungsoo’s pet hamster on fire. it was an accident, he swears.

 

“adopt.” jongin whimpers. “baby.” he curls up in the couch. “please?”

 

“jongin please.” kyungsoo rolls his eyes in an attempt of witty humour. he absent-mindedly thinks that baekhyun’s sassiness is finally rubbing off on it after years of friendship. he crouches next to his boyfriend’s sad pouty face and resists the urge to kiss it off because kyungsoo is mean, he likes to torture jongin.

 

“hyung, hyung, we’ve been together for so long. can we?” jongin lifts his face from the seat and morphs into the face of a cute puppy trying to please his owner.

 

kyungsoo pokes his nose. “jongin, you do know that taking care of a baby is a huge responsibility. are you even ready for that?”

 

jongin feels a wave of confusement. “i-i am…. am i?” he’s starting to question himself already, oh no, jongin mentally facepalms.

 

“sweetheart,” kyungsoo runs his fingers through jongin’s hair and grins when jongin leans into his touch and literally melts. what has he done in his past life to earn a soulmate like kim jongin. “you have three babies waiting for you at kim’s residence.”

 

jongin’s mouth goes wide and then he frowns. “they’re puppies. well, my baby puppies.”

 

kyungsoo nods.

 

“...ok?” jongin doesn’t get where this is going.

 

“remember how janggu refused to leave the park last week and it took you two hours to bring him back?” kyungsoo reminds and continues rapidly after that. “and also when janggah peed on your shoes a few days ago because you wouldn’t let her eat those dog biscuits? don’t forget when monggu chewed on your leather shoes -”

 

“ok, ok, i get it.” jongin groans and his hands move themselves to hide over his embarrassed face. “but hyung, babies are different!” he insists because it is true, puppies and babies are a whole lot of different.

 

kyungsoo gives him the look. “what makes you think you can handle a real crying baby when you can’t even stop your puppies from pooping on your shoes?”

 

“w-w-well, i can..” jongin pauses. “i can sing him a lullaby?” his shoulders sag heavily, remembering how talented his vocals are. the baby will probably cry harder if he sings. funny thing is he doesn’t even know how to change a diaper after surfing endless baby websites.

 

“yes i am sure the baby will appreciate your singing talents.” kyungsoo sarcastically whips back but he still continues soothing jongin’s head on his lap.

 

“i really love babies.” jongin says in a voice that sounds like the whole world has betrayed him.

 

kyungsoo sighs loudly. he knows this will never end until kyungsoo gives in to jongin’s request. he loves jongin, he really does but sometimes jongin behaves like an abrasive teenager - making rash decisions that could affect his future.

 

“me too.” kyungsoo levels his face to jongin’s and stops to count the faint freckles on his cheeks. “we will have a chance, jongin.” he sees jongin’s eyes soften, full of understanding and believing, kyungsoo’s chest swells with unbridled love. “and when that chance comes, we’ll be ready as ever.” he kisses both of jongin’s red tinted cheeks.

 

“oh, okay.” jongin seems thrown off by kyungsoo’s lips on his skin as he always does. “we’ll wait for that chance then. but for now…” a sly smirk flirting across his thick lips, he grabs the collar of kyungsoo’s shirt and pulls him in, smacking their lips together.

 

the kiss soon turns into a heat makeout which escalated quickly into their bedroom. it is safe to say that jongin doesn’t mention the word ‘babies’ to kyungsoo much after that.


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

jongin loves babies.

 

he wants to squish their soft cheeks, make baby noises until they giggle out loud and hug them close to his chest.

 

jongin really loves babies.


 

but he loves kyungsoo more.

 

so those adoption papers could wait.

 

they have all the time in the world after all.

 
 
 

 

 

( the lady's corner )

OMGDKASLDKALSKDLAKDSAL YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL I KEEP GETTING DISTRACTED WHILE EDITING BC OF YOU GUYS BOMBARDING MY NEWSFEED :') i love you all <33

i hope you like this fic as much as i enjoyed writing this! i'm not sure when i'll be able to post another fic but until then i'll keep you guys updated with my status on asianfanfics.