Dove Wings

The Ghost Whisperer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dove Wings

 

“We have to see Hyori’s family,” Haneul finally said, looking up at her friends and family. “Maybe we can get something out of one of them in order to see what made her so angry and hateful.”

Jiyong nodded. “It’s only a trip to America. Even though it should be safe, we shouldn’t go alone. Two of us should go, keep an eye out for each other.” He looked at his sisters. “You two aren’t going. You’re staying here to keep an eye on the boys. I’ll go,” he decided.

“I’m coming, too.” Daesung looked up from his food. “I’m not leaving you alone with a malevolent spirit. Besides, it’s a quick in and out, and I’m sure we’ll be okay.”

Looking back and forth between the two, Haneul sighed. “I was planning on going myself, but I’ll work on amplifying powers. Youngbae and Seunghyun can help out on that.”

“Which leaves me and Seungri to find more about Lee Hyori’s life,” Boa added.

Seunghyun slowly nodded. “We have a game plan, then,” he muttered. He sighed and ran a hand through his dirty, bleached-blond hair. “I’m not fully prepared to face this. I’m actually pretty terrified about facing Hyori like this. We’re not ready yet.”

The youngest of the group sighed. “I know that we’re not ready. But we’re going to have to be,” she replied.

 

 

Haneul sat in her bed that night, reading articles on psychic powers on her laptop. She scrolled through several pages online, reading through the words as she furrowed her brow. Stopping on one page in particular, she paused.

“Quartz crystal… and some herbs…” she muttered.

Leaning over, she picked up a book off of her bedside table, one titled The Mystery of Psychic Powers. She flipped through the book, scanning the pages one by one, her eyes narrowing as she looked through one of the later chapters about the amplification of psychic powers. As she read, she scribbled down several notes in a scratchpad that sat next to her.

“So, you’re looking for ways to make your powers stronger. Attempting to deal with Hyori?” a voice suddenly asked.

Haneul looked up to see a blond-haired boy with mischievous, sparkling eyes and a kind smile. “Hello, Byunghun. Come to visit since we’ve met the spirit you warned me about?” she asked, turning her gaze back towards the book.

He hummed a little. “Well, partially. I really hate being the bringer of bad news, but… you made a really powerful enemy out of her.” He suddenly grew serious, a frown pulling at his lips. “I know you know that your lives are in danger now. And I know you’re well aware of this. But… you should know that she’s coming for you. For all of you.”

She nodded, a solemn look on her always-solemn face. “I know. I’m not scared of her, though. I’m just… confused,” she admitted.

Byunghun sighed. “You’re a brave girl, Kwon Haneul. But your bravery won’t get you anywhere if you’re the one who ends up dead. You should be scared of her.” He paused, pointing her notes, tapping his finger against the paper. “You’ll need this soon. Please, just be careful,” he whispered gently against her ear.

His presence suddenly vanished, and Haneul sat completely still, her gaze frozen on her book, but not taking in any of the words. Biting her lip, she suddenly slammed the book shut. For a moment, she hunched over, trying to keep all of her emotions bottled in.

But she flung the book across the room, letting out a cry of anger as it knocked over a snow globe on her desk. The snow globe fell to the floor, shattering with a loud crash that echoed throughout the room.

She stared as the water from the snow globe stained the carpet, and sighed heavily. She closed her eyes and fell back on her bed, letting herself hit her soft mattress. She bit her lip as she heard buzzing on her bedside table. Looking up and grabbing her phone, she quickly saw that it was Junyoung who was calling. Her brow furrowed as she answered.

“I felt something,” he said quickly, not even pausing to greet her. “You saw one of the ghosts, right? Don’t ask how I know, I don’t even know… but I felt something. It made my entire body go cold. Haneul… I think someone’s going to die.”

Junyoung was a strong person. He was tired, weighed down by life, but he was strong. He was so much more than people thought of him. But as he spoke, Haneul heard the fear in his voice, fear that she had never heard from him before. Hearing that fear made her own fear grow.

She took a deep breath, forcing herself to calm down. “What do you want me to do about it?” she asked quietly.

For a moment, Junyoung didn’t reply. “It’s powerful. Maybe if that amplification stuff works, Jiyong can see who’s going to die. Maybe we can prevent it,” he suggested, sounding, for once, unsure of himself.

Haneul slowly nodded, even though she knew that he couldn’t see her. “I’ll give it a go. Come here, and gather the others. I’ll do my best.”

“Okay. Be safe.”

She hung up, then ran out of the room, hurrying to wake both Boa and Jiyong. Boa had been sleeping soundly, but woke up as soon as she felt the panic radiating off of her little sister. She heard the thoughts rattling around in Haneul’s head and tried to calm her, although deep inside, she knew that it wouldn’t work.

Jiyong, however, was awake. A cold sweat had woken him up, and it seemed like he already knew what had happened. His eyes showed the same fear that Haneul had heard in Junyoung’s voice.

“She’s targeting Myungsoo,” he rasped.

And so, when Junyoung and the rest of the psychics arrived, Haneul was unsurprised to see that Junyoung had brought Myungsoo with him, Hyungsoo trailing behind his brother, worried and panicked. The only “normal” person of all of them was looking terrified, like all the color in his already pale face had been drained, leaving him a sheet white. He was trying his best to hide his shaking hands, but the fear in his eyes was so obvious that Haneul felt a stab of pity for this boy who had asked for none of this, but had been dragged into it for reasons he may never find out.

“What do we do?”

Daesung was the one to throw the question out, looking concerned for the brothers, one alive and one dead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter