12:01

Lone house

Sirens rang and the bodies were boarded in the van by the employees. The survivor was quickly put into another van with a blanket on her self.

The police was confused because none had survived except the oldest one and she was supposedly .

She couldn’t say anything.

She lost her will to say anything.

 

She saw her family die and lived only to suffer the rest.

 

She was treated successfully in the hospital however no sample was found of the which could only mean one thing-it was mere penetration-that was just as much as serious as . When she woke up, the doctor refused to let the police investigate her. However the police only concerned themselves with a murderer and a mlester at lose. They had to question her.

One of the doctors-Moon Chae won was personally assigned to her care and was instructed not to let any police in until she consented.

 

Chaewon would care for her every minute till she woke up and when she did; she only screamed. No one could calm her down and specially not male doctors. She was scared of men. Chaewon quickly came in and hugged her.

 

“Calm down Miss Murdiyah! Please calm down! I’m here…”

She the patient’s head until she had calmed down. She ended up crying on her chest and Chaewon instructed the rest to leave them alone.

 

“Are you okay…Murdiyah?”    Chaewon softly asked. She nodded and sniffed finally stopping to cry.

 

“I am Chaewon; your doctor. I will take care of you till you get better okay?”

 

“T-thank you…Ch-Chaewon.”    Murdiyah finally spoke.

 

“What would you like to eat?”

She asked hoping to approach her in a good manner. Patients like her are difficult to get along with.

 

“N-nothing…”

 

“Murdiyah you have to eat something. You are very weak. Please eat something.”

 

“No.”   her voice was firm yet angry.    “I am ready to tell the police.”

 

“Are you sure? You can take your time.”

 

“I’m sure…call them in please.”

Chaewon was confused. most victims would remain silent for the whole week and she just asked to confess.  She called the police in and remained beside Murdiyah the whole time of the questioning.

However her story was unbelievable.

She spoke of this paranormal being haunting them.

Her late sister, Mushrekah, sensing them.

A story of a dead student called Yoochun came in.

This ual offender/murderer was no human.

The police of course didn’t believe her.

 

They still had the thought that she was traumatized but nevertheless they decided to start an investigation on her paranormal story and it would start from finding out this Yoochun.

Chaewon herself was confused. it was normal to be delusional during this stage but putting paranormal things in was clearly unusual.

 

Murdiyah had eaten that day.

 

That night Murdiyah started screaming in her sleep. Chaewon quickly barged in the room with the help of nurses and hugged her.

 

“It’s ok! It’s okay…I’m here…shhh…”

She kept shaking and sobbing; hiding herself in Chaewon’s chest.

 

“it’s just a nightmare. Calm down.”   Chaewon murmured when Murdiyah looked up to her with fear.

 

“He was here! He was here! He still lingers around me! He still wants something from me! He isn’t done with me! He wants…he wants…”

Chaewon thought it best not to push it any further.

 

The next day the police came in with shocking information. A boy named Yoochun really did exist but was murdered and he studied in the same school as her late sister did. The teacher had said that Mushrekah had asked about Yoochun as well and claimed that she had spoken to him few days ago.

Yoochun’s murderer was in an asylum, the police had found her contacts too and would soon meet her.

For now they were here with an artist to make the ’s face.

 

White hair.

Sharp nose.

Droopy eyes and sharp pointy lips.

His height, his physique…

His voice…and his name.

Kim Junsu-the death.

 

The picture matched him indeed and they were soon on this to find him. the police had difficulties cooperating with Yoochun’s murderer once was found. She kept saying that He still lived inside someone. He was soon going to take his place to destroy humanity. Yoochun’s mother was found too and she revealed how her friend had often spoken of something in the house she lived. His mother didn’t care; she lost her son and it was that entire woman’s fault that she called her friend once.

 

The other night, Murdiyah’s slumber was broken by a sudden touch. She opened her eyes and saw Him…her eyes widened seeing him her abdomen on her cloth.

She screamed out and Chaewon once again had to calm her.

 

“It’s okay! Nothing is wrong! Calm down…”    Chaewon her head.     “Calm down.”

Murdiyah was trying to but the sick feeling to her stomach was unbearable. She covered and pushed herself away from Chaewon. She ran to the bathroom followed by Chaewon and threw her dinner in the basin.

 

 

“Oh no…”     Murdiyah knew…she knew what it meant.

 

The next day, they examined her and it was out of Chaewon’s hand to abort because it put Murdiyah’s life in danger. It was too late.

 

“It’s impossible…there was no …how could she get pregnant? It was mere penetration with an object as seen in the result…”

How could it be?

 

The person who had sold them the house had disappeared and his name was non-existent. It was similar when Yoochun’s murderer had revealed the same thing.

 

Apart from that, they did find a report on Kim Junsu however this man existed 30 years ago.

He was a known serial killer who was convicted of killing 30 women before getting caught by a Pakistani Police woman. He was charged and was executed.

But how could this man be alive in this time?

How did she know this man?

Even Yoochun’s murderer had recognized this one as Him.

 

The police were confused…they were both crazy and traumatized. They wouldn’t rely on their words; therefore they decided to close this case.

However Chaewon wasn’t satisfied. She wanted to know who did this. The man had killed everyone including an infant. What kind of person would do that?

 

“Are you sure he did it Murdiyah?”

 

“Why wont you people believe me?”   she had enough of that question.

 

“Because he died 30 years ago…”

 

“I know what I saw and I wasn’t the only one. The woman who killed Yoochun had seen him too.”

 

“She is crazy.”

 

“Then so am I.”

Chaewon gave up. There was no point arguing with her. The case was closed nevertheless and there was nothing else she could do.

She searched up on the house history and found significant amount of crime incidents in there. This house first belonged to the notorious criminal who had killed 30 women at least before finally being caught and executed. The police woman who had arrested him had suddenly died on the night after his execution. From then on the house was handed over to state since he had no family to inherit it. the house went down to at least 4 families.

 

The first family had an only girl child who suffered from serious adjustment disorder after moving to the Lone House. The disorder resulted in serious depression which ultimately caused her to have delusions of dead women crying while she slept. No doctors could help her permanently and in the end she committed suicide at the age of 16.

 

The second family contained only a young newlywed couple who moved into the house however some months later the wife started becoming ill and was bedridden very soon. The doctors only found that she was skipping her meals but she said she would eat normally. She always felt fatigued for some reason. However the fatigue caused her to hallucinate blood around her. She would scream and cause nuisance to her husband. He sought a psychiatrist for help but they were unable to find any causes for her delusions. She stopped eating completely and soon died of serious malnutrition. Her husband later sold the house.

 

The third family was a lone woman whose marriage had failed. She had no children. Her friend would often come and help her around the house due to her loneliness. Her son would also come and help out. But few days after moving in she started seeing a man in the house wondering around. She called the police but they found no one. She said the man would come in the room and just look at her all night. She couldn’t sleep because of it. she was scared.

She sought a doctor for this but they only thought it was her loneliness that was causing this.

Seeing such condition her friend’s teenage son decided to accompany her some time since they had a good relationship. He would come around the house and walk around to find things.

But soon that was changed when she started thinking that Yoochun was the boy watching her in her sleep.

She accused Yoochun and soon his mother forbade him to see her. Before leaving Yoochun told her that he knew what she could see. He had sensed it. he had an idea who it might be.

 

One night she said that she was told that He was in the friend’s house lurking around her. She wanted to save her friend so she went there with a knife. When Yoochun opened the door, she saw His face on Yoochun and lunged at him; stabbing him 17 times. He died immediately and his mother came out and saw all of it. she fainted right there.

The house then wasn’t sold for three years until This family came by.

 

Something was definitely wrong. A series of death had occurred in the house however each in a different manner and the last incident caused someone to murder. But why such a mess now? If this paranormal being did exist what did he want?

 

“I’m a doctor for crying out loud and I’m looking into paranormal things? I should be ashamed of myself.”    Chaewon muttered to herself. This patient was clearly a curious case. to think that this ghost her and impregnated her was hilarious.

Her pager soon beeped indicating that her patient was screaming again and as usual she rushed to Murdiyah. As always Murdiyah was shaking in fear and crying. Chaewon somehow was the only doctor who could manage her. Not even the other female doctors could do that and guys were out of the question.

 

“He keeps my stomach…he keeps saying-my son; our son. Please let me abort this child…please. I don’t want this.”

 

“Murdiyah I wish I could but…your life would be in danger. If we knew we would have provided with a birth control pill but…”    she left off. medical science never failed them before; this was simply unbelievable.

 

She would cry all the time. She didn’t know what to do anymore. She came here to study and live a good life and now her life would go on taking care of this bastard child.

 

“We could send it for adoption right after its birth.”     Chaewon one day suggested.

 

“It’s a ‘he’ Chaewon. He keeps telling me…”

 

“Maybe so…”

 

“Please do send it for adoption…”

 

That night Chaewon was doing her papers in her office. It was a paper on foster homes where they could send the baby when it comes out. A sudden noise shook her; she turned and saw the window open and the wind coming in.

 

“Who opened the window?”    she stood up and walked to it.     “I told them not to keep it open. I just closed it.”

She shut it and went back to her paper when she felt the wind again.

She turned and saw that the window was closed.

She shook up with the sudden cold temperature.

She rubbed her arms and breathed out noticing the white breath.

 

It was freezing in the room.

 

“What’s going on?”

The mirror in front of her was blurred and writing appeared.

 

Death…

 

She ran to Murdiyah’s room who was crouching on her bed.

 

“Murdiyah!”    she went to her and straightened her. It seemed like she was in pain.

 

“What’s the matter?! Murdiyah say something!”

 

“It hurts! My stomach hurts! Help me!”

Chaewon noticed that her stomach was swelling with rapid speed. Murdiyah screamed loudly in pain and Chaewon pressed the nurse’s call button.

 

“I saw him! I know he exists! He doesn’t want the child to go for adoption!”    Chaewon stated while trying to ease her pain. No nurse was coming in and it was getting tense in the room. Chaewon rushed to the door and called out.

 

“SOMEBODY ATTEND TO ME! I NEED HELP HERE!”

But no one came…there was no time to see what had happened to the others.

 

“AHHHHHHHH! CHAEWON!!! IT HURTS!”

Chaewon sought no way but to do everything with whatever she had. She took out the oxygen mask and put it on her face and noticed something on Murdiyah’s legs.

Liquid oozing out…it was her time to give life.

 

“Murdiyah! Just push! You have to push!”

Chaewon asked and pulled Murdiyah’s pajamas; she wore the gloves and was ready with the antiseptics.

 

Murdiyah breathed in hard and screamed out in pain and the sky somehow seemed to respond to her cries. The sky thundered and rain poured on the windows. It wasn’t supposed to rain.

The lights around them turned off and on for some reason and Chaewon’s mind was soon interrupted with the sight of a head coming out.

 

“That’s it! Keep pushing!”

 Murdiyah huffed and tried again with her painful shouts and lastly the cries of the infant was heard. Murdiyah fell on her pillows as she heard her child cry. Chaewon quickly wrapped the child with the towel and cut the cord and tied the rest so air wouldn’t get in.

 

“Its…actually a boy.”

 

“Let…”     she murmured weakly.     “Let me see him.”

Chaewon showed the boy to his mother. Murdiyah smiled weakly to see that she had given birth to a beautiful boy.

 

“What do you want to name him?”

Instead of answering, Murdiyah’s eyes shut and her hands fell away.

 

“Murdiyah?”

Chaewon called out but got no response.

 

“Murdiyah wake up. What would you name him?”

She asked again.

 

“Murdiyah!”

Breath stopped, vein stopped, life stopped.

 Murdiyah was no more.

 

“Murdiyah!!”

The sky thundered once again and Chaewon stood there alone with the child. Soon few doctors barged in and observed all.

 

“Chaewon…we heard you calling us but…”    one doctor was left off.

 

“All of us were locked in.”     the other finished.

She knew now…Chaewon knew and believed all.

 

“Time of death…12:01”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Murdiyah’s funeral was crowded because most were doctors and few policemen. Chaewon actually cried for her because she had seen all. After the burial one of the policemen had come to her for consolation but she didn’t want it. they had closed the case for their incompetence.

 

“Sorry to hear about the loss.”

 

“Much appreciated.”    She muttered.

 

“Even though the case was closed we managed to find something on Kim Junsu.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“The police who had arrested him, the woman was Miss Murdiyah’s grand aunt.”

 

“What?”

 

“She was her father’s maternal aunt; they are related. She was transferred her just like her father. It was because of her they were able to settle here.”

The officer bowed and left her. Chaewon wondered whether that could be the reason…had the being known about this? She decided to return to the hospital and ready the adoption papers for the child.

 

When she returned, she saw nurses running and rushing by. She was surprised to see such commotions. She was walking by to the room where the child was kept when a doctor rushed to her.

 

“Chaewon bad news!”

 

“What is it?”

 

“The child! Murdiyah’s child is missing!”

 

“What?! How did this happen?!”    she shouted at him.

 

“We don’t know…all the other infants are fine but it was only him. no one was in or had come out…we could find anything! We have to report a missing case.”

 

She rushed to her office and had taken all the papers relating to the child. Damn, no name was even given to him or had any pictures taken. How could she find him?

She looked on the mirror again…it was clear.

 

She walked to it and blew her breath on it out of curiousity and the writing appeared momentarily then disappeared. Her face showed fear…complete fear. What was written?

 

In the name of father;

Son and

Death upon mortality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Darkness everywhere and the sound of cries echoed within the walls. The infant cried for his mother.

However with the presence of the evil being, the crying stopped. The innocent eyes rolled at the Being and wondered so many things.

 

Truly beautiful…just like the mortal woman.

Good thing she lived not long enough to name you.

 

The child cooed and He held his finger out. The child held onto it and observed it like it was his toy.

 

Don’t worry little one…

I’ll name you.

 

The eyes looked at the Being questioningly as if asking what his name was.

 

What should I name you?

You are neither a human nor me entirely;

You’re something in the middle…

Something in the middle.

 

That seemed to spark an idea as the child giggled indicating that he had found out a name for himself.

 

Jaejoong…