Silenced Feelings

No Labels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sehun barely had enough sleep and it’s just a few hours until sunrise. He knew that if he doesn’t get enough rest, he’ll surely fall asleep during class, which will definitely enrage his professors. Despite being a friendly and all out going student, he always takes his studies above anything else. But all of these are tossed way back behind as his thoughts lingered along a certain someone who’s fast asleep at the other side of the wall.

 

Sehun couldn’t believe himself as he recalled how he reacted yesterday. He knew that something was wrong when he failed to see Luhan at his usual spot waiting for him. No matter what excuses he thought off as the time drained upon him, he still felt uneasy and so decided to let himself runoff to search for his missing roommate.

 

It was the first time Luhan didn’t come to meet him, and Sehun was upset beyond one can imagine.

 

After a few hours of wandering and asking for almost everyone if they'd seen the blonde boy, he decided to get back to their room, hoping that the older came back and probably just forgot their meeting. But when he pushed the door open, he was greeted by nothingness, the room still looked the way they left it this morning. Luhan’s bedroom was nearer to the door than his, and as he passed by, his senses were filled by the scent of Luhan, which he became accustomed with for years.

 

Sehun made himself comfortable as he sat at the edge of Luhan’s bed. The bed felt soft under his touch, just like Luhan, he thought. His fingers caressed the soft folds, stopping abruptly near the neatly folded t-shirt and sweatpants Luhan used last night.

 

“You promised… you won’t disappear.” Sehun whispered.

 

Just then he heard some soft steps along the corridor, and was nearing their room door. Without further ado he sprang out from the bed and headed to the tightly sealed door, grabbing the handle and twisting it, disregarding his thoughts of What if it’s not him?

 

To his great joy, it was Luhan who appeared before him as the door was pushed open.

Luhan…who was a startled as he was; eyes staring back at him, mouth opened a bit as if to say something, but Sehun paid no attention to it, and instead broke the distance between them by capturing the older into a tight hug.

 

 

 

 

 

And here he was, after a few hours since he led Luhan to sleep, contemplating with all of his acts and worries. He can’t help but be bothered by the other’s current state. Despite the commotions last night, Sehun was sure he felt the smaller trembling and felt almost ice cold under his arms. Sehun wanted to voice out a lot of things to the other, but Luhan looked a bit weak, so he decided to aid him back to his bedroom to get a good night rest.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan was in a state between being awake and asleep. He felt warm yet cold at the same time, and his joints were starting to feel numb. A few moments after he almost drifted to sleep once again, he started trembling and not so good sounding coughs echoed his room, which made the taller broke away to his thoughts and rush back to his side.

 

Sehun saw a huge, shaking lump under the covers, accompanied with another batch of sneezing and coughing. He yanked the sheets down, revealing a pale Luhan. Sehun’s hand crept above the smaller’s forehead which was without a doubt burning against his touch.

 

Fever.

 

Sehun immediately raced to the bathroom to grab a clean hand towel and took a small basin filled with cold water. He soaked the towel and twisted it free from the cold water and then came back to the older's side. The bed dipped a bit as Sehun sat near the curled up Luhan. He folded the cloth in a rectangular form and carefully placed it above Luhan’s forehead. The coughs continued plaguing the smaller as the shaking became more evident. Sehun held his pale fingers which were cold up to its tips and captured it within his own warm ones.

 

“Lu….”

 

Luhan twisted a bit and his facial features were marred by anguish. His eyes crinkled slightly and Sehun thought he was about to wake up, but then it died down and soon Luhan was softly snoring. The younger carefully ran his other hand along the boy’s cheeks, wiping away spots of perspiration that gathered along his temple.

 

“…Sehun...” Luhan softly mumbled in his sleep, surprising the other. Sehun dragged his fingers along Luhan’s lips, which settled into a soft smile.

 

 

Feeling a bit sleepy, Sehun decided to join Luhan to his deep slumber, ignoring the fact that the bed’s a bit too small to handle two grown-ups.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s eyes fluttered open as the rays of the morning sun seeped through his curtains, hitting unapologetically his tired and messed up face. The cold feeling was no longer there and his body felt hot instead. And surprisingly, the bed felt too cramped to his liking.

 

Movements came from his back which made Luhan turn abruptly.

 

And was greeted by a sleeping angel...

 

wait… a sleeping Sehun.

 

 

Too astonished to speak, Luhan allowed himself to bask under the warmth feeling of sleeping beside this young boy who kept making his heart do all these summersaults and skip beats. Not in a lifetime did Luhan expect this to happen to him. Sehun sleeping beside him seemed like a dream, waiting to be crushed any moment now. The latter stirred a bit, his lips forming a soft pout and Luhan can’t help but hold back his giggle. Sehun looked so adorable right now that his fingers yearned to touch his cheeks and his lips desired to capture his pouting ones. Okay, that last part was unnecessary, Luhan thought.

 

Sehun stirred once more, causing Luhan’s left hand, which was about to reach him to freeze instantly. He didn’t want the other to wake up and catch him, so he opted to rest his head comfortably under his right arm, while his left arm was left between the two of them, and shut his eyes, pretending to be asleep.

 

Sehun blinked slowly, and after noticing that warm rays were already peeking along the cream coloured curtains of Luhan's slightly lit room, his head swift back to the alarm clock that Luhan kept above his study table. He felt relieved after realizing that it was only 6 am in the morning, and there’s still enough time to sleep. His eyes drifted back to the sleeping boy beside him, who, to his wonder, was already facing his way. The soft towel he placed on the sleeping lad’s forehead last night was missing, and probably was lost due to his movements while he cradled in his sleep. Sehun carefully touched his forehead, sighing with contentment as he felt Luhan’s normal temperature.

 

It was the first time he gazed upon Luhan’s sleeping stature. His blonde locks made him look like a little cherub, and his snow white complexion made him look younger than Sehun and a bit more vulnerable. His slim fingers slowly made its way down to Luhan’s nose, down to his plump lips.

 

“You’re beautiful…” Sehun softly whispered.

 

He cautiously pulled back his hand and allowed it to settle above Luhan’s left hand, giving it a soft squeeze as he let himself lull into a short nap.

 

After a few minutes, Luhan heard Sehun snoring, and as if on cue, his eyes flung open, blush evident along his pale cheeks. He can’t believe what happened a few moments ago. His heart was palpitating and was on the verge of leaping out of his chest. What d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter