The day...

140204

My eyes were cold along with my heart. The coldness was cold greater than the iceberg. Himchan held my hands tightly and pulled me behind while he stepped forward to face Mr Ha. “I think it’s better if you leave. You never once cared about her.” The gripped of his hand went tighter.

 

“Who are you to say that?! I’m her father!” The frowned on Mr Ha face got deeper and deeper.

 

“Father my ! I’m her husband.” Himchan said. I turned to look at Himchan and looked at his eyes. My cold heart was now weak. His words were unforgettable. I knew right then he was going to fight for me.

 

“Husband? I never know that- I never allow that!” He said. “I will never bless your relationship! You better talk to me politely since I’m your father-in-law.”

 

Himchan smirked. “You said you never allow that to happen and never bless our relationship. But you just admit that I’m your son-in-law. Allow me to continue your unfinished word earlier. I never know that she is married because all this while I never admit her as my daughter. Am I right father-in- Oh wait that’s not it. Am I right Mr Ha?” Mr Ha was about to open his mouth but Himchan got his moves first. “Now, Mr Ha wants his abandon daughter back because his business is on the line and he want to use her to get his father’s wealth. You. Are. A .”

 

Mr Ha balled his hands into fist. My heart just broke into pieces even more. Thou I said I’m alright and things like this didn’t hurt me at all, but deep inside my cold hide, deep inside, my world was cracking and falling apart. Himchan continued to curse Mr Ha with tons of vulgar words but he did it in a polite manners and tone.

 

“You don’t know anything-!!!”

 

“Don’t know anything my ! I knew you abandon her and threw her at highway when she was 6. I knew when you were having fun with your family, she was having depression and fighting alone in the street to survive in such a young age. Well know what, you weren’t there and she’s suffered and now…it’s your turn.”

 

I saw another fight coming and I don’t want Himchan to be part of it. I don’t need his help. “Enough both of you.” I said and they stopped. “Mr Ha.” I called. “I don’t know who are you talking about.” I don’t need his help in this problem. “I’m not your daughter. My name is Kim Seo Jun. I was an orphanage since I was a kid.” I don’t want Himchan to feel what I feel. I don’t want to see his smile vanish because of me.

 

“Let’s go.” I dragged Himchan’s hand and we walked out. Himchan then brought me to the parking and we sat in his car.

 

After few minutes, Himchan made his feet first to start a conversation. “I know you hate me. But I’m not going to let him hurt you again. I’m sorry if you feel hurt after what I say to Mr Ha but-” I hugged him before he could finish his words. My tears started to flow and I felt like I don’t want to live anymore. It was too painful. Too painful for me to handle it. Himchan hugged me back and brought me closer.

 

“I really hate him.” My tears flowed even more along with a silent sob that was screaming in my head.

 

“Even if the world turns against me. Even when you think no one love you. I will be your dark knight fighting the world for you and loves you no matter what.”

 

“Don’t leave me again.”

 

“Never.”