Chapter 1

Drowning in Voices

   A ten year old boy was laying down in his bed listening to the discussion his parents were having in the living room.

"Let's just abandon him."

"What are you talking about?!? He's your son!!!"

"He's not even my son! Plus, it's not like Sehun is our only son, we also have Luhan. Luhan's handsome and popular. Sehun is just a freak with no future!"

"We still don't know!! We might be able to find a cure!"

"Jiyeon, we spent three years trying to find a cure and we found nothing till now!"

"But-"

"There is no but. If you want to keep raising that freak then raise him yourself. We're divorcing"

   Jiyeon's eyes widened in suprise and stayed silent. Her head dropped, her hair covering her face.

"Fine... but remember Kim Myungsoo, life is a . Who knows what might happen in your next life."

   With that she went up the stairs towards her room and started packing her stuff in a small suitcase. Finishing packing her stuff with a heavy heart, she headed towards her son's room.

   Hearing a knock on his door, Sehun started wiping the tears that were starting to pool in his eyes. 

   Jiyeon came in the room only to see a scene that pained her heart. Sehun forcing a smile while his eyes were streaming with endless tears.

"Se-Sehun. Don't tell me you heard our conversa-"

"I did." Sehun replied in a timid voice.

   Those two words broke her down. 

 Jiyeon and Myungsoo at first were a happy and very affectionate couple. But over the years, Myungsoo started neglating his wife and started coming home late at night with a foreign scent. Jiyeon although dense was not dumb, she knew that Myungsoo was cheating on her but because of her son, Luhan she didn't divorce with Myungsoo. So, she started satisfying her needs with other people. But what she didn't expect was for her to get pregnent. She had never told the truth to her husband. 

  What Jiyeon didn't get was why Sehun had to suffer because of her.

"Mom, i'm okay. I'm not suffering at all." Jiyeon face was full of suprise but it quickly changed to disappointment

"Sehun, you read my thoughts again?" 

  Sehun gave her the guilty look "I didn't mean to." Jiyeon expression softened up a bit

"Well then, let's get going!"

"But mom... I haven't packed my stuff yet." 

 The two walked out of the house with a heart a little lighter than before.

 

 After Jiyeon and Myungsoo officially divorced Sehun and Jiyeon settled in a small house in Busan. They weren't rich anymore so Jiyeon did her best in her part time jobs for living and Sehun's school expenses. Although they were poor they lived a happy life untill, the day Sehun entered middle school. 

  Entering middle school, Sehun's powers got stronger and started to get out of control. Sehun couldn't stop but hear what everyone was hearing resulting in frequent bad headaches. To get Sehun, the medication he needed Jiyeon worked even harder, only sleeping three hours everyday. 

  After a year of this routine the stress eventually got to Jiyeon and she fell into coma.  Sehun had no choice but to drop out of school and work in his mother's stead.

  All of the places where his mother used to work wouldn't accept any middle schoolers so dejected, Sehun walked around the city with no actual goal when he bumped into something. Before he could fall backwards someone grabbed his hand and pulled him into a warm hug. Sehun was a bit suprised but, he actually enjoyed how his petite frame fit right in the stranger's embrace.

'I wonder if he'll let go.' Sehun blinked and looked at the stranger which he immediatley regretted. The stranger was a male- a quite good looking male at that. The man had a face on but, nonetheless Sehun found it attractive. 

  Hearing a cough Sehun stopped his fanboying and came back to reality. 

"Um.. I think it's okay to let go now." 

  Embarassed, Sehun quickly let go of the man and apologized.

"It's fine but, what's a middle schooler doing here at this time of the day?"

"I don't go to school." Sehun replied as quickly as he could.

"Oh... expelled or you dropped out?"

"I dro-dropped out."

"Hm.. " The man put his hands on his chin like he was thinking about something "Are you looking for a job?"

  Sehun's eyes widened "How did you know?"

  The man chuckled "I guessed, but anyways I have some great news for you! The cafe i'm working at is looking for a new worker."

"Really? Can I work there starting from today?"

"Well you need to pass the interview but, it's not that hard. Well I need to go." The man said his goodbye and was about to get going when Sehun realized he didn't know the guys name.

"Um, sir? Can you tell me your name?" The man stopped in his tracks and turned around facing Sehun.

"I'm not a sir. I'm still in highschool. Because of that I won't tell you my name. See you tomorrow maybe."

 The man left Sehun saying that there was someone waiting for him. When the man was totally out of sight Sehun remebered 'He didn't tell me where the cafe was.' Sighing Sehun decided to call it a day.

 The next day going home after visiting his mother who was still in coma, Sehun was wandering the city hoping for a miracle to appear and the cafe the man mentioned yesterday to magically appear. Like hell that will happen. Sehun was looking in the stores he passed by where all of a sudden he stopped.

'It's here.'

  Sehun found the frickin store. He found it. Excited, Sehun ran inside the cafe. He noticed there wasn't much people in the cafe. Still excited he looked around the cafe eagerly trying to find the handsome stranger. When he found no sign of him Sehun pouted. 

"Were you looking for me?"

  By pure reflex, Sehun wacked the person who was behind him. Turning his head, Sehun instantly reconigzed the person's face.

"A-are you okay? I'm sorry!"

"Well, it looks like you found the cafe. I'm sorry though, I didn't mean to forget to tell you the cafe's name."

"It's okay. Well, can you tell me your name now?" Sehun's eyes sparkled in expectation 

'He's actually pretty cute.' Sehun blushed at the man's thought.

"I'll respond if you tell me your name first"

"Bu-but!" Sehun pouted "I asked you first! That's not fair!"

"Fine... My name's Kris Wu Yifan but just call me Kris."

   Satisfied, Sehun proceeded to tell Kris his name "My name is Sehun, Oh Sehun."

"Well now that we properly introduced ourselves go get your interview done already."

"Okay~"

    After Sehun finished the interview he went to tell Kris the results. Finding him with the barista he hesitated on whether he should interupt thier conversation when he heard Kris calling his name

"Sehun! Sehun! Over here!" Kris didn't yell that loudly but because the cafe was quiet the whole cafe turned to look at Sehun. Flustered, Sehun froze in place. Sehun could hear Kris think 'The is he standing there for?'

  Sehun saw the barista whack Kris's head. "Because of you the whole cafe's looking at him."

"So?"

"He's basically like a Xiumin I guess? He doesn't like to be the center of attention."

"Oh."

"Now be a prince charming and go."

  Dramticaly Kris galloped towards Sehun and carried him bridal style. Sehun inwardly died. Returning to where his friend was he let Sehun go and proudly smiled and of course his friend hit him.

"You're worse than an idiot. Hell, your worse than Baekhyun"

"... Chen..."

"Okay I exargerated, no one is worse than Baekhyun."

  Afterwards, Sehun and Kris became much closer sharing a unbreakable friendship. Of course as their friendship grew, Sehun's feelings for his hyung also grew and it seemed like Kris also liked Sehun- well that's what Sehun thought.

  But Sehun was proved wrong when a new 'angel-like' custoumer started visiting the cafe.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A/N: OTL I'm sorry for this short and boring chapter.

I promise though that Sehun's past will end in the next chapter and that Baekhyun will show up in the next chapter.

I'm also sorry for not replying to your commentaries... it's because i'm a awkward turtle... but if it's okay with you guys if i'm awkward i'd reply to your commentaries with non stop awkwardness >ㅁ<