Reel or Real Love?

Reel or Real Love?

Reel or Real Love?

It’s already two in the morning. I am still wide awake. Alone in my room and nothing to do, my thoughts keep drifting to the events this morning.  It was like a fantasy. Every little girl’s dream coming true. The wedding dress I wore was so lovely. The ballroom for the event was beautiful and we displayed all our wedding pictures. His group mates arrived and so does Amber. And most of all, my husband is so handsome. My heart skipped a beat the moment I saw him. Everything I ever dreamed of in a wedding came true.

What really surprised me and left me confused was his letter. I know that he really cares for me and I feel the same towards him but hearing him say those words really made me wonder. We’ve been together in this make pretend marriage show and we can’t help but get closer. Sometimes it’s already hard for me to differentiate real life to our so called married life. I have been thinking of him constantly if we’re not together, I would text him reminding him not to forget to eat and rest and he’d do the same. Next to my parents, he’s the one who’s always on my mind. So when he said those words earlier I wonder if he really means it. I mean when he said it, was it for real or just for the show?

Since sleep is really elusive, I decided to went out of my room. I’m sure most of the staff staying with us will be asleep. My pj’s are decent enough so I just tiptoed my way out and went to the yacht’s deck. The sea is very calm and the stars are all out. Maybe a cup of milk will be good so I look for the yacht’s pantry. Good thing they have stock so I took a glass full.  I was already on my way back to the deck when someone called me.

“Omma.”  Nickhun uttered.

“Aigoo! You startled me Nickhunssi! What are you doing there?”  I replied while trying to calm my beating heart.

“Should I ask the same question to you?  I heard it when you opened your door so I decided to follow you. Can’t sleep?”  He added.

“Maybe I’m just too tired. I’ll just finish this.  Go back to sleep. Sorry for waking you up” I told him and bowed before walking back towards the deck.

I walked fast and when I saw a chair, I pulled it and sit while drinking my milk. I was already deep in thoughts while watching the stars when I heard him said.

“Were you trying to avoid me?”

I didn’t hear him approached so I only stared at him. I can see a deep scowl on his face now. He took another chair and sat near me.

“Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?” he again asked.

“Huh? I’m not avoiding you.” I answered him.

“Then why are you acting like this? I can feel that something’s troubling you?”  And then he suddenly faced me and took my hand.

“Vic, what’s wrong? Let me help you.”

I tried hard not to cry but due to the mixed emotions I have right now, tears started falling even before I can utter a word.  He let go of my hands and started wiping my tears. I was so touched so instead of stopping I cried more. I heard him called my name again and he pulls me towards him, embracing me so tight.

“Vic, yeobo, please stop crying.  Tell me what’s wrong? Nick tried pacifying me.

“ Nickhunssi, I’m sorry. I ‘m really sorry.”  I told him as I wiped my tears.

“Sorry for what? Tell me what you’re saying sorry for. Vic, I’m here for you whatever it is.”   He again took my hand and gently squeezed it.

“I’m scared and confused. I don’t know if you’re still going to talk to me after this.”  I answered him still head bowed down.

“What are you scared of? Of me? Vic, what have I done?”  Khun asked now a little confused.

“No. No. Khun. You have done nothing wrong.  “I immediately clarified.

“Then what is it? “He asked again and sighed.

I can sense that he’s really getting frustrated now.  The scowl on his face is more prominent now and even the way he keeps on squeezing my hand. I know I have to decide if I should tell him or not.  I’m still contemplating when he suddenly stood up.

“I’m losing my patience, Vic.  I will just let you be. Look for me when you’re ready”. He said in total frustration.

“ Khun, wait. “ I called upon him and he stopped.

“What now? “ He asked still not looking at me.

“I think I’m falling for you.” I told him almost in whisper but looking at him directly.

“Can you repeat that?”  Khun said while he slowly approached me.

“I think I’m falling for you.”  I now said more confident as I saw him smiling at me.

He now stood in front of me. I’m looking straight at him and I smiled. He went on his knees so that were on eye level. I was surprised when he said

“And I think I’m falling for you too.”

“Khun, it’s not just for the show. I think I’m falling for you. For real. “I told him

“Do you think it’s just for the show when I told you I love you earlier, Vic?” he asked still holding my hands.  I just nodded and he took a deep breath before he continued.

“I won’t say it unless I mean it. Those words are all true. That letter- I wrote it with all of my heart. I’ m hoping that you’d feel the same way but I don’t want to rush you. I plan to woe you slowly and made you see the real me” Khun explained.

I was so happy. I can’t believe that he really like me too.  We’re looking at each other now, both with smile on our face. I suddenly pinched his cheeks and told him.

“Yah!  Babo Nickhun. You should have told me earlier and not made me confessed first.”

“I don’t think it matters who confessed first.  I love you Vic and that’s for real.”  He said and pinched my cheeks in return.

“I love you too, Nickhunssi”. I smiled and wrap my arms around him.

We stayed in the yacht’s deck wrapped in each other’s arms. We both know it’s still early to plan real marriage so we agreed to just enjoy our times together. As long as were both committed in this relationship we know we can make it work.  For reel and real we love each other and that’s what’s more important.