Chapter 1 (Final)

Hallucinations.

Hyoyeon was alone in the kitchen cooking up breakfast for her and her lover. She was humming to a song and then she felt a pair of familiar arms wrapped around her waist. She smiles and then called her in a sweet tone.

 

“Taeyeonie~ why are you awake so early? Go back to sleep, I’ll wake you up when breakfast is ready.” Hyoyeon said without looking at Taeyeon.

 

“I don’t want to. I want to cook breakfast with you.” Taeyeon smelled and kissed Hyoyeon’s neck. Hyoyeon cut the last part of the carrot and washed her hands.

 

“Why don’t you help me make the potato salad while I boil broccolis?” Hyoyeon smiled and Taeyeon released her to get the potatoes in the fridge.

 

After 30 minutes, their breakfast was done and Taeyeon brought the last dish to the dining table. “All done! Great job Hyo~” Taeyeon hi-fived Hyoyeon and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

 

“You helped me too, remember?” Hyoyeon smiled sweetly.

 

After having a good breakfast to start their day, Taeyeon made some tea for the both of them and chilled on the couch with her girlfriend.

 

“Don’t you need to work today?” Hyoyeon asked and then drank a sip of her nicely brewed tea.

 

“I will go to work when I feel like…” Taeyeon pouted cutely. Hyoyeon pinched Taeyeon’s nose and they both just sat there quietly and enjoy their tea.

 

“Hyoyeon, I’m sorry.” Taeyeon apologised all of a sudden.

 

“Taeyeonie? What’s wrong? Why are you apologising to me suddenly?” Hyoyeon looked at Taeyeon with her worried eyes.

 

“Nothing Hyo, I’ve always wanted to say that to you but I couldn’t find a chance. So I’m saying it to you now.” Taeyeon said and Hyoyeon got even more worried about her.

 

“Taeyeon, you’re weird… Did you meet with some problems at work or outside work?” Hyoyeon tried not to cry.

 

“It’s nothing Hyo! Don’t be worried! I’m all fine!” Taeyeon was back to her normal bubbly self. Hyoyeon was glad. Although what Taeyeon said kept going through her mind, she decided to trust Taeyeon and let it go.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Ttae Ttae~~~ Wake up~” Hyoyeon was shaking Taeyeon’s body. They were having an afternoon nap but Hyoyeon woke up earlier and she was bored.

 

“Uhh~ Hyo just 5 more minutes…” Taeyeon turned to other side such that her back is facing Hyoyeon.

 

“If you don’t wake up, I’m gonna kiss you until your lips are swollen like sausages!” Hyoyeon threatened but Taeyeon didn’t had any response.

 

The blonde girl really starts to kiss Taeyeon’s lips and now they were slightly swollen. Hyoyeon continued to Taeyeon’s lips and even bite them. Taeyeon finally gave in to her girlfriend and woke up.

 

“Yay! You’re awake! Tae let’s go play something in the living room!” Hyoyeon pulled Taeyeon and skipped to the living room.

 

“Aish! My lips are so swollen because of you!” Taeyeon touched her swollen lips.

 

“Let’s play… WII!” Hyoyeon took out the controls and CDs.

 

They played for a whole two hours and finally hyperactive Hyoyeon decided to stop playing and rest for awhile. Taeyeon kept the CDs and controls before joining her girlfriend on the couch to rest.

 

“Taeyeon, thank you for being my girlfriend.” Hyoyeon said and kissed Taeyeon right after saying that, leaving no time for Taeyeon to answer her.

 

They shared a passionate kiss before parting for oxygen. Taeyeon smiled and touched Hyoyeon’s face softly, feeling every part of her facial features. Hyoyeon was shy that Taeyeon was looking at her so attentively, not even distracted.

 

Just when Hyoyeon was going to speak up, Taeyeon stood up and walked towards the door.

 

“Hyo, I got to leave for work now. Be good alright?” Taeyeon said and Hyoyeon was sad. She wanted to spend more time with Taeyeon since she’s always out for work.

 

“Okay… Come back home earlier…” Hyoyeon pouted and closed the door.

 

 

 

“I’m home!” A loud voice reached Hyoyeon’s ears.

 

“Who are you!? Why are you in my house!?” Hyoyeon took a pillow and threw it at the girl who just stepped into the house.

 

“Hyo, I’m Tiffany! Stephanie!” Tiffany let go of the bags on her hands and rushed to her girlfriend.

 

“Tiff? Did you see Taeyeon on your way back? She just went out for work.” Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany.

 

She’s acting like this again…

 

Tiffany looked around the living room and saw things that are in pairs. Like the cups, the plates, the cushions on the floor, and some other things. She hugged Hyoyeon tightly afterwards.

 

“Did you have hallucinations of Taeyeon again?” Tiffany asked and grabbed Hyoyeon’s shoulders lightly.

 

“What? Why are you saying that Taeyeon is a hallucination?” Hyoyeon looked at her; Tiffany could smell fury from her.

 

“Hyobaby… Taeyeon is dead…” Tears start to form in Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“Tiffany don’t say that! Taeyeon will never leave me! She loves me! She is NOT dead!” Hyoyeon added emphasis on the word ‘not’.

 

“Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon. Look at me. Taeyeon, she is dead. Wake up now Hyo.” Tiffany shook Hyoyeon’s shoulders a bit harder now. It’s the only way to make her realise that Taeyeon is no longer with her anymore.

 

Taeyeon died in a car crash a few years back. She loved Hyoyeon so much and she trusted Tiffany. Before Taeyeon closed her eyes, she told Tiffany to love Hyoyeon wholeheartedly and take good care of her which Tiffany is still fulfilling Taeyeon’s wish.

 

A few months later, Hyoyeon slowly open up to Tiffany and in the end agreed to be her girlfriend. But after a few weeks, Tiffany thought that Hyoyeon was acting weird. She’s been imagining Taeyeon was still living with her and she would scold Tiffany for barging into the house without telling her in advance.

 

Today, it was no difference.

 

From then, whenever Hyoyeon have hallucinations of Taeyeon, Tiffany had to be harsh on her and make her come back to reality.

 

“Taeyeon… Is dead? Is she really dead, Tiff?” Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany with saddened eyes. Although this is not the first time Tiffany encountered this, her heart aches whenever she sees Hyoyeon like this. The blonde girl still can’t let go of Taeyeon.

 

“Yes Hyo. But don’t worry, Taeyeon is not here, I am here. I don’t mind if you treat me as Taeyeon, I just want to take care of you. I want to take care of you not because Taeyeon trusted me to, but because I love you.” Tiffany kissed the crown of Hyoyeon’s forehead and embraced her tightly.

 

I take care of you not because I am responsible of taking care of you; I take care of you because I love you.

 

 

 

I am sorry because I left you.