Chapter 1

Forbidden Love

Chapter 1

 

YOURS/CLAIRE'S POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I rolled over and randomly slapped the nightstand next to my bed until my hand found the snooze button on my alarm clock. I groaned and rolled back onto my back. I rested my arms over my forehead and let out a sigh. It's too early to be awake on a Saturday. Just five more minutes wouldn't kill me, right?...

Just as I was beginning to fall back to sleep a pillow flew at my face and a voice was yelling my name at the top of their lungs. 

"CLAIRE. GET YOUR OUT OF BED. IT'S TIME TO GO TO PRACTICE YOU LAZY LITTLE ." The high pitched voice screamed as a sudden weight was added onto my bed. 

I opened an eye and giggled at the small girl jumping on my bed. It was my best friend and fellow trainee, Dweji. She grabbed the pillow she had thrown at me and begin to hit me with it in an attempt to get me up.

"Get. Up. Get. Up. Get Up." She hit me with the pillow between each word and I lazily tried to block the attacks. After failing to do so and getting a few good hits to the face I sat up and shot Dweji a glare. She giggled and reached over to ruffle my hair. "That's my dongsaeng~" She sang out. "Time to get up! Practice is in thirty minutes. Moe oppa is waiting for us already!" She hopped off my bed and ran out of the bedroom. 

I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and stood up. I stretched my arms over my head and let out a loud yawn worthy enough to scare a lion away. I moved forward to go to the bathroom but fell on the floor, tripping over a shirt laying on the floor. "DWEJI. PICK YOUR STUFF UP. I ALMOST DIED TRIPPING ON YOUR CLOTHES." I screamed, pushing myself off the wooden floor. 

Dweji was my best friend here in Korea. She was first to greet me when I came and welcomed me warmly to the company when others wouldn't. The other trainee's were scared to approach me as I wasn't Asian at all. Dweji was more than happy to befriend me and thankfully she kept me around. We trained together and had the same schedule so it was easy to keep that steady friendship ongoing. Not too long ago either were we picked to be put in a new debuting group for our company, SM Entertainment. It was Co-Ed and the member was Moe, a Thai-Korean trainee who's been training for hardly a year but was already being selected to debut along with us. 

After getting ready for the day Dweji and I headed out of the trainee dorms and headed to the practice rooms where we were greeted by a grinning Moe.

"Care, Dweji!" He shouted running over to us. I giggled at the nickname he had given me. It was Care mostly because he had a hard time pronouncing Claire. "Guess what! We have a meeting with the the president to discuss stuff about our group today!" He beamed happily. Dweji let out a squeal that if anybody else were to have heard would have surely thought it came from that of a 5 year old.

"Omo! I can't wait! This must mean we're do to debut soon!" We all jumped around together, spazzing over the assumed news. After years of trainee it was finally about to pay off. 

Our celebrating was interupted by the practice room door being opened and a few people running in. I looked up and saw a few of the idol sunbaes who often visited us. Hyoyeon from SNSD waved and smiled at us as she walked in along with her group mate Yuri, Henry and Key of SHINee. Behind them walked in another sunbae whom I wasn't too familiar with but I was sure she was from a group called f(x). She looked very tomboyish.

Hyoyeon threw her arms over mine and Moe's shoulders as Yuri gave Dweji a backhug. 

"We heard the news! You guys are going to be getting your groups details settled today and start training for debut soon." Henry exclaimed excitedly. We nodded. "Congratulations guys! You'll be part of the SM Family here soon and we can't wait!" 

"Not that you guys aren't already." Key said, ruffling Moe's hair. He let out a chuckle and glanced behind Henry's shoulder where the girl from f(x) was standing.

"Hyung, You brought a friend with you?" He asked curiously. They all nodded as Henry pulled the girl forward.

"Guys this is Amber. She's the rapper of f(x)." He introduced her. We all bowed to her out and took turns introducing ourselves.

"I'm Moe! It's nice to meet you, Amberrr-shi" He said, stressing the 'r' in her name making us all laugh at how cute he sounded. 

"I'm Dweji!" She grinned and bowed, her long hair flopping in her face. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Claire." I said, my korean heavily accented still. I was very uncomfortable speaking so I was often awkward. Amber stared at me and I smiled awkwardly at her. 

"It's nice to meet you." She said her voice low for a girls. 

We all practice our dancin together for a while, the sunbaes teaching us some of their dances. The entire time I swore I could feel Amber staring at me. I avoided eye contact of course, my face flushing the slightest shade of red when I caught her looking at me. 

A few more hours passed before the others left, leaving the three of us, Moe, Dweji and I, to practice on our own. Amber stuck around and motioned for me to go out to the hall with her. I shuffled out hesitantly.

"Hey, Claire, right?" She asked in English. I looked at her with wide eyes and nodded. I didn't think she spoke English.

"Um, yeah." was all I could respond.

"Your accent. I could tell." she said with a chuckle. "But hey, you're debuting soon, so good luck. You'll do great. Let's hang out sometime, mmk?" she grinned and put a hand on my shoulder before walking away.

There was something about her that struck me as different, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was. I furrowed my brow as I walked back into the practice to work on my vocals, not able to take my mind away from the interesting sunbae. 


It was now noon and we had just finished our workouts for the day and were being ushered up to the presidents office for our group meeting. We were' all excited as we entered his office. We bowed and he told us to sit down and make ourselves comfortable as he offered us all drinks and snacks. A few more staff members entered and sat down before we started the meeting completely. 

"Welcome. As you know you three are to debut in a new co-ed group. Today we'll be discussing group name and stage names along with group concepts. Feel free to toss out any ideas you may have!" President Lee Sooman sat down as the staff and him started to speak and throw out group name ideas.

"What about something like Gem?"

"No, we have to keep in mind there is a guy in the group."

"World Wide? Because they have international members?"

"It could work.."

"Starter?" I piped up, not realy thinking. 

"Starter?" asked Sooman. "Do explain, Claire-ah." I bit my bottom lip and thought for a minute. 

"Well, we have internation members, yes. One Thai, Korean and then me... Not even Asian at all. It's the start of a new age for hallyu and what could be something big." I explained carefully. Everybody talked amungst themselves and nodded. 

"Great! Starter it is. It has a nice ring to it. Starter! Starter.." The president repeated the english word to himself, his accent thick. I supressed a giggle. 

Moe suddenly claimed the attention of everbody after spazzing out and shouting 'oh' multiple times. Dweji hit him upside the head with a throw pillow. "Yah! What are you doing? Seizing? Calm down." She said. Everybody laughed as Moe awkwardly scratched his head and bowed his head in apology. 

"I was just wondering if we got to help pick out our stage names?" He muttered, taking the throw pillow from Dweji to make sure she wouldn't hit him with it again.

Sooman thought for a moment to himself before nodding. "Sure! Why not. You've all been working very hard so I don't see why you shouldn't have no say so in your names. How about this, I'll give you this weekened to think about it and you come back on Monday and tell us your ideas and we'll go from there."

We spent another few hours talking about concepts, ranging everywhere from punk to cute to hip-hop and y, before we were excused to leave and go back to our dorms and have the weekened off. We were excited since this was the first time in a while that we had a weekened to ourselves to do whatever we wanted. Moe decided he was going to head out and meet up with his older brother Jay in Gangnam and Dweji said she was going to go back to Gwangju for the weekened. I wanted to see my Mum but she had just gone back to England a few months ago after she got a call about her mother being sick and put into the hospital. My weekend looked like it was going to be pretty lonely.


I walked back with Dweji and Moe as we were headed over to Moe's dorm for the night to watch some movies before they left for the weekened. While the two were ahead of me talking I stuck behind them quietly. Even though I was close to the two my korean skill were still pretty bad so I had somewhat of a difficult time talking to them still.

There was a slight tug on the hood of the jumper I was wearing. I turned around coming face to face with the tomboy sunbae from early, Amber. 

"Amber?" I asked somewhat confused. "Um.. Hi." I said, bowing slightly. Moe and Dweji turned around after hearing me. 

"Oh! Sunbae! Annyeonghaseyo!" The two smiled and bowed to Amber, looking more than overjoyed to see one of their idol sunbae's twice in the same day.

"Hey, guys. I hope you don't mind but Im gonna steal Claire for a second." she said and gave them a sideways grin. They looked over at me, but I was just standing there with a confused look plastered on my face. They nodded slowly and said their goodbyes, hurrying off to Moe's. 

I gave Amber a weird look, not sure what to think of her kidnapping me. 

"So, Claire, I overheard you had the weekened off so I thought, hey, if you aren't doing anything do you wanna hang out a bit this weekened?" 

I was surprised that the news had gotten around so quickly and at her offer. I didn't want to be rude so I accepted, telling her I had nothing planned anyways. 

"Not even going to see your family?" She asked curiously. I shook my head.

"No. My mum is back in England for a while. My grandmother is sick so I told her it's best to spend time with her while she can." I smiled saddly. 

"Oh gosh. I'm sorry to hear about that." Amber said as she brought her hand up to the back of her neck and looked down at the ground.

"No, it's fine. But thanks for offering. I'm actually glad I'll have somebody to spend my time with." I smiled at her. "Moe and Dweji are heading out so I was gonna be on my own." She blinked and looked up at me, grinning. 

"Great! So tomorrow then, let's head out! I'll come over to your dorm and then we'll back to mine. I'll introduce you to the rest of f(x) too!" I nodded as we smiled at each other. She seemed real nice. I already was looking forward to hanging out with her. She seemed like a fun person to be around.

Amber walked be back to Moe's before leaving. Maybe this weekened wouldn't be so bad afterall.



 

A/N: OH GOSH. HORRIBLE BEGINNING I KNOW. I WROTE IT AT 4 IN THE MORNING GUYS I'M SORRY I'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME ;-; um, I'm getting the plot worked out still but I've got a pretty good Idea of what I want to go on ^-^ Thanks for taking time to read. I'm sorry about any errors :/ yup. I'm not good with endings so bear with me here T-T I tried lol Byeeee