Beautiful

Goodbye

After several months I noticed how comfortable we had started to get. The little glances we would share during class almost as if we had words that floated back and forth between the glances. Although we had been friends I could feel something more, although I denied everything. What more was I supposed to do? Just admit to my whole world changing, I never thought I could like a girl. But maybe it wasn’t so much that she was a girl that I liked, maybe it was because I wasn’t invisible to her. After denying it I came up with excuses as to why I would feel that certain spark around her, although I never truly bought into my own persuasion.  By the time we had reached December I was sure of my growing feelings, they weren’t just something to brush off.


~Decemeber~

I smiled as I watched Bomi run around the living room laughing with all the other friends she had invited to her Christmas get together. She noticed my gaze and stopped her little flail session; she smirked as she walked towards me. She grabbed my hand pulling me up, clearly indicating that she wanted me to at least try to enjoy myself.

                “Dance Chorong, you need to have fun once and a while!” She practically yelled, I laughed at her actions as a played along to make her happy. Her laugh was truly one of kind; I have yet to hear something that makes me smile as much as her dorky laughter. She dragged me away from everyone and into her kitchen. She sighed as she took a deep breath clearly tired from her strange antics earlier. She began to pour herself and me a drink; I grabbed the water from her taking over.

                “We don’t need you making a mess” I smiled looking towards her, as she just pouted. I passed her the glass, as I took a little sip from my own.

                “You know Chorong I’m glad I met you this year.”

                “As am I”

                “I’m proud that you graduated with your eighty averages, even though you were so stressed out. I’m proud”

                “Thanks” I chuckled at the girls comments; it was rare to see a serious Bomi. “Merry Christmas” I held my glass up to do a cheers with her. I put my cup down on the table pulling something from my pocket. “Here” I passed the little note I had managed to fold to fit into my back pocket.

                “What is this?”

                “Well you’ve always wanted to see a poem that I’ve wrote. So there, a poem just for you.” I sighed as I turned my back towards Bomi.

                “I’m going to read it out loud” Bomi snickered, and I turned around in a panic hoping to stop her. 

With only 3 syllables and its 9 letters,

It can make or break you,

To only hear those words,

How would it feel to be called upon In such a way?

 

How would it feel if honesty was spoken?

Someone with sincerity in their voice looked at you,

Telling you nothing but truth,

How would you be affected by it?

 

How would you feel if you knew?

Those 3 syllables and 9 letters,

Were only reserved for you,

Would you even care?

 

With only 3 syllables and its 9 letters,

It's the word we all want to hear,

Maybe one day someone will realize,

Maybe one day you'll realize for yourself,

That you're beautiful

Bomi left hanging as she finished it, and smiled awkwardly trying not to garner more attention than I was already receiving from Bomi.

                “Bomi, the pizza people are here” Someone poked their head into the kitchen to remind her. Bomi nodded, before giving me a look and leaving to pay the man. 

 

Well i finally updated, haha. Sorry if i kept anyone waiting, i will update again shortly. Yes i wrote the poem, i wrote it awhile back oh, probably almost aleast 2 years ago now, when i actually posted on Deviantart. My deviant art I wouldn't exactly recommend you go on it, Those i should put the link in there for readers too see i did in fact write the poem. The poem is titled Beautiful, just in case it wasn't obvious. 

-undercovermusic.