Chapter 6

A Flower Full of Color

I was being shaken out of my dream.

“Saika, Saika, you need to get up,” Sasuke said, shaking my shoulder gently.

“Why?” I mumbled, still in a daze, waving his hand away.

“Chunnin exams are today, you’re participating.” He stated, matter-of-factly.

I got up lazily, groaning as I stretched. I glanced at the clock, I had half an hour to be at the Chunnin exams and get ready. I quickly grabbed my clothes and a towel, heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I finished in five minutes, stepping into my regular outfit, not my ANBU one.

I quickly did my makeup, grabbing my weapons. I brushed through my wet hair in a flash, taking Sasuke’s hand in mine.

“Let’s go,” I commanded.

He nodded once, and I continued to drag him out into the busy morning streets of Konoha.

 

*Gaara’s POV*

 

I was sitting in a tree, looking out through the green foliage, when three people walked down the street.

“Where’s Sasuke-kun?” whined a pink-haired girl to the blonde idiot that tried to beat Kankuro.

“I don’t know, probably thought he was too cool to show up,” the blonde muttered under his breath.

“Well, one thing’s for sure, he’s way cooler than you, Naruto,” Pinky said.

“I really don’t understand what you see in him,” Naruto muttered.

With that, Pinky rambled on about what made Sasuke so great.

“Sakura, that’s enough,” their sensei said. She immediately quieted.

Disgusting, I thought Love is nothing but a foul, four letter word.

Indeed, boy. Mother replied.

Someone suddenly ran to them, obviously in a hurry.

“surei shimaa, Kakashi-sensei!” a girl with long, brown hair apologized, dropping to her knees in a bow. The ANBU.

“Saika, what’s with the formality? Get up,” her sensei said, helping her up. She blushed bright pink, apologizing again.

That raven-haired boy was with her, holding her hand. An unusual emotion erupted from inside my body. I wanted to growl, to kill the boy with her. The pink-haired girl started shouting at the top of her lungs, yelling at Saika.

Saika dropped to her knees, crying out in pain while holding her ears tightly to her head. I felt a strong chakra near me, and looking closer, I saw Saika get up, letting go of her ears, an orb of strong blue chakra enveloping her.

“Nezumi, Inu, Tori, Tatzu,” she muttered while doing the hand signs.

She raised a hand, cupping it as though she were choking someone, and extended it quickly, sending Sakura into a brick wall. Sakura gasped for air, choking on it.

“Saika! Calm down! Calm down!” Naruto shouted.

“How about…no,” Saika said, smirking, her eyes now dark red.

She used her left hand this time, throwing Naruto into the wall next to Sakura. Sasuke was in awe, his mouth dropping. He quickly grabbed her around the waist, much to my dismay.

“Saika, stop,” he whispered into her ear from behind.

She lowered her arms slowly, blinking as her eyes returned to their original deep blue. She held her forehead, then walked over to Sakura and Naruto.

“I’m so very sorry,” she said, hanging her head in shame “I lost control, and for that, I apologize.”

Sakura humphed the entire time Saika was healing her wounds, refusing to look her in the eye.