Stupid

You and Me, again.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The days go on like this and Youngjae keeps on giving him the cold shoulder. Daehyun finds not a single sight of that raven-haired friend of his after 2 hours of travelling to the prestigious university, leaving him utterly disappointed and exhausted, both mentally and physically. He sits at the bench beside the auditorium and calls Youngjae, again and again until he gets sick of pressing redial. He goes off, slamming the box of cake he brought just to add defenses to his apology into the trash bin along the way.

 

He doesn’t know what’s wrong with Youngjae. It’s always been like this, Youngjae would be all cold and distant whenever they have a little conflict and then Daehyun has to be the one to be nice and pucker his lips for forgiveness, doing all the silly things just to make the other smile.

 

Not that Daehyun minds all that.

 

But Youngjae’s little tantrum has been dragging on way too long for Daehyun’s patience. All the calls and voicemails he spammed didn’t get a single reply. All his texts are ignored and then he still has to keep on doing it because Youngjae’s that important.

 

Daehyun however, doesn’t appreciate this long game of wait and chase.

 

Bah, he thinks, if Youngjae doesn’t want to respond then he’ll just wait for him to get too sick of waiting and then he’ll talk to him again.

 

Screw this, Daehyun sprints through the field and tackles the ball from the opponent, running as hard as he possibly could even if his legs are screaming for a break. He goes on like an animal on the field, charging through every defensive tactic and spearing through with his offensive moves. When he’s finished, his mind shuts off, blank and void of the anger from before. He pants and gulps down a whole bottle of water, ears completely not hearing his team’s conversation.

 

He reaches for his phone and slides a finger across the screen.

 

A bunch of useless crap notifications and lame messages but not a single trace of Youngjae.

 

“ this,” He spits out the water in his mouth and flings his phone into his open bag. He only responds when his name is called several times, eyes gliding to their corners to see a figure so out of place beside him.

 

“Hello Daehyun.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter