XLIX

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ludos…

 

 

Kai heaves a sigh as soon as he closes his locker. Of course he feels guilty now his girlfriend is in detention because of him. No matter how hard he laughed at the information of Violet being sent to detention earlier, he actually feel bad about it. Sehun who just closes the locker beside him turns to look at Kai now.

 

“You’re okay bro?” Sehun asks him. Kai just shrugs his shoulder at him.

“I feel bad for Violet though, I don’t think I’m joining you to dance.” Kai replies and the later understands. Sehun noticed how aroused Kai got earlier in physical education class so when Kai arrived late at the changing room, he pretty much figured things out. Sehun nods his head at Kai.

“Go rescue your princess, then.” Sehun pats his shoulder.

 

 

Kai walks to the school theatre with a smile of seeing Violet but his smile soon vanishes when he is reminded by the thoughts of Violet still being mad at him. He giggles anyway, making her mad is one of his hobby simply because she looks cute when throwing tantrum but he never plan on sending her to detention. Oh well.

 

As soon as Kai opens the big door of the theatre he hears a sound of metal clicking from the stage. In an instant Kai realizes it’s the rafter sound, that the rafter must has been broken or something but when he notices a figure of a girl falling from the top, he widen his eyes and freezes at his spot. His eyes then wildly scans the crowd to spot Violet, to make sure she’s not the one falling and Kai breathes out heavily when he spots Violet on the stage, but narrows his eyes when he realizes she’s covered in yellow paint. .

 

He runs towards her in no time as he registers most of the kids are running to the falling figure. Violet who is still in shock over the fact she got sabotaged and her friend is falling from the rafter regains her composure after a few second, and when she moves her feet to run to the fallen Amy, she feels her writst being snapped back.

 

“Violet, what happened to you?” Kai’s voice is filled with worries and concern and Violet makes a mental note of thanking God that he’s here. She turns to look at him and Kai furrows his eyebrows while waiting for her answer. Even beneath that thick layer of yellow paint she’s still look beautiful, Kai thinks. Her eyes are now the only visible thing from her face and Kai feels his knees go weak at how sad and vulnerable those eyes look right now. Her pointed nose and small lips have been totally covered in that yellow paint but Kai still reckons them and still adore them. Her school uniform is totally ruined and her school shoes too. It is chaotic, on the stage! Most of the kids are already crowding around Amy while Violet and Kai are the only two who are still standing on the other side of the stage.


Violet opens only to find herself stuttering to say something. She panicks, not because of the paint that is covering her now, but because of Amy. She shakes her head and tries to free her wrist from Kai's hold so she can run to Amy. Kai, on the other hand, tightens his grip.

 

“A-Amy” she stutters while showing him the direction of her falling. Kai immediately gets the connection. Amy must be the one falling, and instinctively Kai looks up. He finds a bin of paint hanging up from the railing and he deduces what has happenned. Violet realizes there’s no way she’s freeing her wrist from Kai’s hold so she drags him with her.

 

He doesn’t know what to do so he let her drag him and when they reach the crowded area, they both realize Amy has fainted. Violet gasps at the sight of Amy on the floor, unconscious.

 

“Somebody call for help!” Violet cries. One student that is standing beside Violet looks at her and notices Kai behind her.

“We already did, Violet. The help is on their way. You should go clean yourself first.” The girl who she assumes to be the leader of the prop team tells her. Kai nods at the student’s suggestion and pulls Violet.

“Let’s get you clean.” He tells her.

“B-but Amy-” she tries to protests but Kai silences her right away.

“No. You. Clean first. C’mon.” Kai says sternly and then he pulls her with him. Kai’s quite mad. The fact that there’s 99% of what happened to Violet is caused by Amy but Violet is still caring about her, pisses him off. He sees the look in Violet’s eyes and he knows Violet is worried about Amy. He drags her out of the theatre, straight to the first floor, and the next thing Violet knows is that they are already in front of the changing room. Violet is pretty much still shaken by what had happened back there so she lets Kai drags her.

 

Once they are in the shower cubicle, Kai realizes Violet has been crying. Though it’s hard to see her tears because of the paint on her face but he knows her the best. He hears she sobs and sniffs from her. He closes the door and then cups her face. He then runs his thumb on her face, rubbing the paint off little by little. He starts by rubbing her forehead, then her nose, after that her cheeks and then her lips. Kai’s hands are now tainted with the paint as well. Violet allow him as she fixes her gaze on the floor, not daring to look at him. When he’s done and finally get a glimpse of Violet’s bare face, he let go.

 

 

“Violet..” he calls for her. She sniffs again and now Kai can see the tears rolling down her cheek but her gaze is still on the floor. Knowing Violet wont reply, he heaves a sigh and then he holds both of her arms. “Let’s get you clean, alright?” he says softly like he’s persuading a child to eat a medicine. Violet gives him a slight nod.

 

Kai breathes out, feeling good that for once Violet agrees with him. Without much thinking, his hands find the button of her uniform and then he undone the first button. When he’s about to do the same to the second button, Violet clears so he abruptly looks up to her. Violet is now looking at him too and Kai suddenly feels butterflies in his stomach.

 

“You know...I’ll...clean myself up.” She says and slowly pushes his hands off her uniform. Kai blinks and blushes as soon as he realizes what he was trying to do just now. Did he think of undressing her? Kai slaps himself mentally. He must has been losing his mind just now and he’s glad that Violet wakes him up to it. Kai clears his throat out of embarrasement and nods at her.

“Can you please take..my gym attire from my locker?” Violet chokes a little while she asks him. He nods again and bites his lower lips.

“I’ll be back.” He tells her as he exits the cubicle and leave her girlfriend in the shower.

 

 

Violet cries herself in the shower. After she turns on the shower and she feels the water runs on her, she cries even harder. She slips off her t-shirt and skirts. After that she takes off her socks and shoes. Now she’s standing there, under the water, sobbing. She doesn’t know what has gotten into her. She’s just…depressed.

 

She doesn’t hate Amy. No, she never feel like that towards Amy. It’s impossible to actually hate somebody who has been practically growing up with you. She just dislike her for things she did, she dislike her very much, but not to the point of wanting to see her fall like that and injured herself.

 

She realizes this whole revenge thing is stupid and plain idiotic now. She doesn’t know of Amy’s condition, she fears that Amy would break her neck or leg or arm, and she hates the thought of seeing Amy hurt physically like that. This is not what she has in mind when she said she wants Amy to pay for things she had done to her.

 

Is it really worth it? She thinks. To go this much pain just for the sake of getting even? To break up years of frienship just because of one mistake? To turn their back on one another just to sattisfied their inner ?

 

No, this is immature. She hears voice inside her head and she cries even harder.

 


When Kai walks into the changing room with Violet’s clothes, he knows she hasn’t cool down yet. Instead, she get worse because Kai hears louder sniff and sob coming from her. Kai’s heart aches for her. He feels sorry and he feels bad that she’s going through all of this. This is exactly why Kai is not really fond of the idea of Violet trying to get back at Amy. Not because he’s a coward, but because he doesn’t want to see Violet hurt. There’s nothing good will come from revenge and they both learn their lesson now. Hard way. He heaves a sigh and knocks on her door.

 

“Sweetheart, are you okay?” he asks. No, she’s not okay. He knows that. But it seems like the most decent thing to ask now. She didn’t reply, she doesn’t have to.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Can we go to the hospital they took Amy?” Violet asks when they’re both seated in Kai’s car. Kai furrow his eyebrows, not quite liking her demand.

“Violet, are you sure you want that now?” he asks her instead. She isn’t ready, he of all people, knows that. It’s her turn to heave a sigh and then she slumps in her seat.

“I don’t know, I don’t know what I should do now.” Violet says truthfully. “I don’t want anything bad to happen to her, Kai. Not that way. Not physically. For all we know, she might have broken her neck or something and where will that lead us? ” She admits and Kai listens to her while driving. Truth is, Kai doesn’t know what to do either.

“This is all so stupid.” Violet mutters to herself but Kai catches that.

 

 

Violet spends the whole night thinking about Amy. Kim had called her just now and talked to her about it, and Kim too, agreed that this is all has gotten worse and need to be stopped. They cant go on trying to get back at each other anymore, planning things to destroy one another. They’re better than this. Violet goes back and forth in her mind about this and when one text message comes, she snaps out from her deep thinking.

 

From : Love

Message : If you want, I’ll take u to the hospital tmr after school, now sleep sweeheart. I know you’re battling in your mind about this now, but please get a rest. I love you.

 

After a long evening and night, Violet finally smiles and drifts herself to sleep.

 

 

*

 

 

Cold. Sterile. White.

Violet has been in a hospital for countless of times but this evening she get a different vibe. She’s walking hand in hand with Kai now, down the hallway, trying to get to the room where Amy is. Violet finds her heart beating fast and she swears if it’s not for Kai that is walking beside her now, she would definitely collapse to the ground. Kai squeezes his hand around hers as they reach the room Amy is warding in.

 

When Violet opens the door, she hears slow voices talking. The people in the room, upon realizing that there’s somebody at the door, stop talking and all turn their heads to look at Violet. Violet on the other hand, gulps at the sight of people she sees in the room. There, Amy lies on the bed, with both of her parents. Amy’s mom is the first one to speak.

“Oh Violet! It’s been a long time.” She cries in excitement. Her parents didn’t know what happened to them, doesn’t even know their daughter is in this condition because of Violet.

“Hi aunty, uncle.” She bows to them awkwardly.

“Oh thank God you’re here. We havent eaten lunch yet, so we’re heading to the café, now that you’re here, you can keep Amy company.” Mrs.Yoo says, completely unaware with the tense situation between Amy and Violet. Violet just nods and soon, they both leave the room. 

 

Violet stands as far as she can. Nobody is saying anything. Amy sits up weakly on the bed, and Violet sees her right arm and leg are wrapped in bandages. She mentally breathes a relief sigh that Amy didn’t break her neck or something.

 

“So what? You came here to mock me?” Amy breaks the silence because she has to admit, the silence is killing her too. Somehow, Violet smiles at this. Even in this condition, Amy is still Amy. Never losing her fire. Violet slowly shakes her head at Amy.

“I’m here to say I’m sorry.” Violet says and Amy finds her heart skips a beat. Violet then looks at her more confidently and straighten her posture.

“I apologize, Amylia. It was very immature of me, trying to seek revenge by planning to use Kai against you at the first place. And also, the photos I sent to your parents.” Violet continues as Amy keeps her gaze on Violet’s face. Not believing what she just heard. Amy didn’t say anything as she is too busy to process what is happening but Violet takes that as a refusal of her apology. Violet then clears and nods at her.

“I’m sorry for bothering you now, I hope you get well soon.” Violet says and turns on her heels to walk away.

“V-Violet, wait.” Amy stutters and Violet stops walking. She turns around again to look at Amy and raise her eyebrows at her. Amy closes her eyes and heaves a sigh.

“I’m sorry too.” Amy says and now it’s Violet’s turn to be amazed. Did Amy just said her sorry as well? Violet thinks.

“I was being immatured too, I’m sorry.” Amy continues. “I wanted to apologize to Kim and you few days after the incident, but I heard you g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter