XXVI

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

 

Kai is gripping my wrist so hard I swear it could left a mark. He’s dragging me to the car park, I can register. Many times over I tell him to stop and let me go but my voice seems to have no effect on him, nor my struggling. We’re about to reach his car and that’s when I take my final straw. I pull my hand from his grip and surpsringly, I made it. We stop walking and he turns to look at me. We’re both panting now, and looking at each other eyes, mouth not saying anything. But I notice that fiery eyes he put on and I’m pretty sure he notices how miserable I look right now.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I am the first one to start. He scoffs at my question and roll his eyes.

“Right, not sure which boyfriend in the world would take it easy when their friends were trying to kiss his girlfriend.” He spats. This is ridiculous, it’s not like he cares.

“You don’t have to go that far punching Kris like that!” I scowl back at him.

“Ahhh, of course, of course it’s about Kris. It’s all about Kris.” He replies while putting both of his hand in the air.

“He just broke up with Jessica, he was having a hard time, he was confused with his own feeling.” I try to defend Kris, not so sure why I did that myself.

“He didn’t care about Jessica, it’s not like he likes her that much! I guess he must be in a cloud nine now that they broke up. Hell yeah, he must be, looking at how he tried to kiss you right after he broke up! I bet it’s you that gives him the courage to finally break things off with her at the first place!” He retorts.

“Stop talking nonsense, Kai. You’re going out of your mind!” I yell. I thank God that there’s nobody in the parking lot, just us. Or not, we’ll look like a pair of mad couple trying to kill each other with words.

“It’s not nonsense, that guy likes you. He likes you from the start!” His voice is stern now. Well yeah, thanks for telling me something I didn’t know. I pretty much figured that out myself few minutes ago but there’s one thing I can never figure out, why is Kai behaving this way.

 

Sure, it’s flattering to see your boyfriend punching a face of another boy that try to kiss you. But this is Kai we’re talking about, and this relationship isn’t even real. For all I know, he might be more interested in keeping his collection of sport cars safe than to actually care about what’s happening with me. He’s not mad at Kris, he is just faking it, like he always does. And I bet he’s thanking Kris in his mind now, that he succeed in putting up a good show. Just like always, trying to make me fall for him, trying to convince me that he cares.

 

But I’m tired, nobody can take this much bull from a guy. All the emotion I was feeling when I was in Busan come back striking me like a lightning striking its target deadly. I’m weary and drowsy. And I don’t think I can do this any longer. Kai over did it tonight, seriously. He shouldn’t have gone this far in pretending, it makes me sick.

 

I heave a sigh and then I frown at him. “Just stop it, Kai. Don’t act like you care, just please don’t anymore.” I manage to get that one out loud and I can he got startled by this.

“Act like I care?” He repeats my word. “I’m not acting alright?! Other guy is trying to kiss my girlfriend…”

“No! Stop that also, stop calling me your girlfriend like it’s real. Like you mean it, because I know you don’t!” I yell. He stops talking and then he looks me again the eyes. He blinks for few time. I heave a sigh and then I shake my head.

“I knew about it, Kai. I knew it all along.” I say in almost whisper tone.

“About what?” He asks.

“The bet.” I finally manage to say that one. He blinks at me again at the word ‘bet’.

 

“I knew you bet with your friends on me so just, please, stop.” I tell him.

“Do you think everyday being with you, having you flirting and sweet talk me like it’s real is not a ing damn marathon of my life?!” I continue to talk. “Do you think it’s easy to remind myself of the reality when you look me in the eyes and smile that glorious smiles of yours?” I ask again and then I put both of hands on my tights. He didn’t reply, he just look at me like I just said he’s not handsome at all and his dance skill . “I’m tired, and I’m worn out. So if you can please stop all the acting for once, I’ll appre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter