Promises - Final

Promises

Hyunseung and Hyuna.

Two inseperable best friend. The memories still lingers in their head. Since the very first, they knew, they are made for each other.

"Hyuna! Come down here! Mrs Jang would like to see you!!" Mrs Kim, the mother of this little princess called her.

"I'll be down soon Mum!" The girl reply. She grab her doll and quickly run down the stairs. 

The first one she saw is a good looking boy who is sitting between his father and mother.

"Eunmi yah, this is my one and only child, Hyuna. Only her that I have now." Mi Young said.

"We will take a good care of her Mi Young ah. Don't worry." Eunmi said. The boy eyed the little girl. Without hesitation he stand up and walk towards the girl.

He offer his hand out.

"Hyunseung. Call me Hyunseung Oppa." He said. The girl didnt know why but she smile.

"Hyuna." She shook his smooth hand.

"Let's be friend forever." They promised. Their parents smile at each other.

From that day, they have become a really good friend. Till now.

--

Hyunseung always been there for Hyuna. He is the one who always protect Hyuna. The girl was too fragile as if she is a porcelain doll. Hyunseung has always afraid of losing Hyuna. He has always love her more than that. Although the girl just look at him as a brother.

"Don't you guys come near or I will beat you up!" 12 years old Hyunseung shielding the 11 years old Hyuna.

"Woah! Wanna be a hero I see!" The bully said and land his kick at Hyunseung's chest. Although in pain, he protect Hyuna until he fell limp.

He was sent to the nearest hospital. Hyuna stayed inside the room while Hyunseung's parents having some discussion with the doctor. Hyunseung cracked his eyes open.

"Hyunseung Oppa! Are you hurt?!" The bloodshot eyes Hyuna ask as she was crying too much.

"My chest is hurting." He said weakly. Hyuna cried again.

"Oppa, mianhe. I am the reason why are you hurting! Dont protect me anymore Oppa!" Hyuna said. Hyunseung shook his head.

"Hyuna, whatever that happen, I will protect you till my last breath. I promise you Hyuna!" Hyunseung said. The parents were breaking down outside.

--

"Where are we going after this?" Hyunseung ask.

"Straight home. I am too tired with the dance practice and all." Hyuna stretch her arm. Hyunseung smile. He love dance. He start to dance along with Hyuna when they were seven. But when Hyunseung is 15 while Hyuna is 14, Hyunseung stopped dancing. He didnt dance anymore. Hyuna wondered why, but Hyunseung will just smile.

"I promise I will tell you one day!"

"Promise Oppa?" Hyuna held her pinky finger. Hyunseung nod.

And the question just left like that. Unanswered. Yet.

"Oppa, do you know my dance partner?" Hyuna ask.

"Who? That Kai boy?" Hyunseung said. Hyuna nod her head with a big smile.

"What is with him? He disturb you?" Hyunseung ask. Being a protective brother. Or it was what Hyuna thought. She laugh.

"Oppa aniya! Please dont be overprotective. Well, I think I like him.." Hyuna said. Hyunseung's smile vanish. Hyuna keep compliment about the boy.

And that is when, Hyunseung felt his heart crack a little.

--

"Oppa!!!" Hyuna shout. Hyunseung who was shocked rock his chest several time. To ease the shock.

"Oppa!" Hyuna hug Hyunseung from behind.

"Wae? Wae?" Hyunseung said annoyingly.

"Oppa! Kai! Kai!!" Hyuna shout. Hyunseung raise his eyebrow.

"He loves me back!! He wants me to go on a date with him! Kyaaa!!" Hyuna squeal. Hyunseung's smile faded. But seeing the girl too happy, he crack a smile. A sad smile.

"C-Congratulation! I am happy for you! Go for him Hyuna!" He said, convincing his little sister. Hyuna nod and peck his cheek before ran to her room.

He felt an unbearable pain at his chest.

His heart break.

--

The siblings eat the ice cream at the park.

"You will never know what I am going to say to you. It is unpredictable." He suddenly break the silence.

"Why? Why did you say like this?" Hyuna notice Hyunseung's change lately. He has been quiet. He has always been sad. He become mute even when they at home.

"One day, you will know about it Hyuna. I will tell you. One day." He said and crack a smile.

"Promise?" Hyuna ask.

He only smile. Without any words, he walk away from the girl.

He vow that he dont want promises anymore. He is afraid he cant keep the promises anymore. It is too much. It is unbearable.

--

"Oppa, Kai.." Hyuna fall onto Hyunseung's arm.

"Kai? Wae?" Hyunseung ask.

"H-He cheat! He doesn't love me. He just played with my heart for a stupid bet with his friend." Hyuna cry in Hyunseung's embrace.

Hyunseung's heart mended. He got the chance and he is happy for that. In the same time, he was angry. Because his Hyuna is hurt.

"I promise I will always be with you. Till the end of my life." For Hyuna, he broke the vow.

--

 They were happily walking through an alley. It was a sunny evening. They were eating an ice cream happily. Until they saw someone lying on the road. Being a kind person they are, they help the person. But, in a blink of an eye, they were surrounded with four men included the injured man just now.

"Look what we got today." The injured man just now smirk.

"What do you want from us?" Hyunseung shout bravely.

"Well, I know that you guys are just some kind of high school student, but, that doesn't mean that you guys are useless." A scar faced man said. Hyunseung stretch his arm as he protected Hyuna behind his back.

"Give your money! Now!" The masked man command. Without hesitation, Hyunseung punched them. He was too weak. Too weak to not being able to even protect himself actually. He was lying on the road with blood flowing from his mouth. He is weak now. He cant do anything now.

"Well, that is what you get for fight us." The masked man spat him. His eyes slowly closing.

"OPPA!! HYUNSEUNG OPPA! HELP ME!!!" He heard Hyuna's voice.

"ARGH!!!" Hyuna shout. Hyunseung open his eyes. Just to see an horrible view in front of him.

Hyuna was bottomless with nothing covered her bottom anymore. He thigh was slashed as a blood flowing to the road. They were hovering over her. Ready to take her away. He remembered all those promise.

"Let's be friend forever." They promised.

"Hyuna, whatever that happen, I will protect you till my last breath. I promise you Hyuna!"

"I promise I will tell you one day!"

"Promise Oppa?" Hyuna held her pinky finger. Hyunseung nod.

"I promise I will always be with you. Till the end of my life."

And he is going to keep all those promises. He stand up and take anything that seem harmful. Knife.

'Yes! Knife!'

He grab the knife and slashed onto the men's back one by one. He stab each of them at their stomach. Although he is angry, he isn't cruel. His heart was too soft. Too soft for someone like him.

He hugged Hyuna.

"Hyuna, I'm sorry I didn't protect you earlier. I'm sorry." He said. Hyuna nod.

"Oppa, don't leave me ever again." Hyuna said. And before he could reply, the point of knife going through his heart. His mouth slightly open.

"OPPA!!!" Hyuna shout hystericly. The four men ran away leaving the couple. Hyunseung was gasping for air. Hyuna wrapped her hand around him and pulled the knife away.

"Oppa.." Hyuna whisper.

"Hyuna, I'm sick. I'm sick Hyuna.. I have heart.. Heart disease.. I.. I protected you already Hyuna.. I didn't dance because my heart cannot hold it anymore. And.. And I will die in your arm.. I have always be with you right.. Until.. Until now.. You're my friend.. Forever.. " Hyunseung choke out blood.

"Oppa, dont say anything. Hold on! There must be any help for us.." Hyuna cried.

"Hyuna.. I.. I.." Hyunseung's word died. His hand fell on the ground. His head tilted to the side.

"Oppa!! Oppa!!!" Hyuna shout to the soulless body.

--

She stared at the grave..

"Oppa, there is another thing that you didn't do.." Hyuna said.

"What do you want to say to me the other day? I need to know.. "

"And I regretted it for not making you promise.. Because, you could say it when you were alive."

'I love you Hyuna.. I love you...'

Hyuna closed her eyes and smile.. Satisfied with the answer.