True Colors

True Colors - Changmin

Around a dozen of Idols from S.M Entertainment stood in the lobby of the company just waiting for their manager to show up to tell them what they were doing that day. All eyes were on the manager and the man that stood next to him in a suit.

"Hello Idols. I am Mr. Kim from the Seoul Children’s Hospital and I heard from your manager that you all were looking for some service hours. So we would love for you to come and spend the day with the kids in the hospital that have various illnesses. It would really bring a smile onto their faces." Mr. Kim said happily as you nodded at just the thought of helping out the sick kids.

"Now Idols, you can take pictures with the kids, give them signatures on paper if they ask for it. Just be nice and have a smile on your face. If they want to tell you a story be attentive and alert and try and put a smile on their face. If they give you presents accept them with a smile. Hwaiting!" The manager said as the Idols repeated hwaiting with their fist in the air.

Equip with your orders, you and eleven other Idols filed into the large bus as Mr. Kim came with all of you as the manager waved you off at the front doors.

Finding your seat, you looked out the window as other Idols chatted with their friends and group members. You just looked at the outside world as someone sat next to you.

"May I sit here?" He asked as you nodded and scooted over to give him more room. He looked over at you as you just watched the world pass by you.

"How long have you been in S.M?" He asked as you turned your head to look at the man that sat next to you.

"Just a few months as an Idol but I was a trainee for three years." You said as you studied his face as you recognized the idol to be Changmin. DBSK and TVXQ’s Changmin.

"Then you must have a talent." He gave you a smile as you swore that your jaw was hitting the floor. "I’m Shim Changmin." He bowed to you as you bowed back.

"I’m _____ ______." You said becoming increasingly shy.

"Do you like kids?" Changmin asked as you nodded your head.

"I like them and they seem to like me, but every kid is different so we will see." You said as he nodded thinking that you were being a little too modest. "What about you?"

"Ummm…. well I haven’t spent a lot of time around them but I think that they are cute and charming." He said as he looked at the road ahead as you gave off a slight smile.

Arriving at the hospital doors, you were surprised to not see a single camera. Yet you moved in through the doors, the bright accent pieces made you feel like a little girl as balloons were around with stuffed animals in every little kid’s arms.

"Ok, let me give you a floor to be assigned to. Four Idols per floor." Mr. Kim handed you out a paper so you knew what floor you would be on. You were assigned to the third floor, looking at other idol’s papers Changmin caught your eyes on his paper.

"Level three?" He asked as you nodded with a smile. "Great!" You, him and two other idols walked up to the third floor as a nurse greeted you. Bringing you into a large room, six beds were evenly distributed around the room as some kids were coloring on paper while other kids read picture books or watched the movie that was playing.

Entering the room, the kids’ heads shot up as their face were in shock as they recognized the four of you instantly. Smiling brightly, you went over to a little boy who was drawing in his book that couldn’t take his eyes off of you.

"Hello." You said quietly as his jaw dropped and you giggled. "I don’t mean to scare you."

”________ noona?” He asked as you blushed and nodded. “Your music is so pretty and you are even prettier in person.” He said as he blushed.

"Well you are very handsome." You complimented him even through he had tubes running in and out of him and a big bandage on his neck.

"Noona I drew a picture of you, I was hoping that you would come and see me." He pulled out a colored picture from his pages as he handed it to you. A woman in a beautiful dress stood next to a little boy in a suit.

"Is this you?" You asked as he nodded shyly. "You look so handsome. Where are we going all dressed up?"

"I wanted to show you to my parents and my friends at school and everyone since you are so beautiful and you make me smile when I watch you sing on stage." He said as he kept his eyes on you.

"Well you are such a gentleman and so kind and warm hearted. May I keep this?" You said as you rested your hand on his. His head bobbed up and down with a smile as you thanked him.

"Noona, can I ask you something?" He said with big eyes.

"Of course." You leaned over as he leaned up to your ear.

"Can I take a picture with you?" He wanted to remember this moment for the rest of his life. With a smile on your face, you pulled out your phone and held it up as you smiled and he smiled brightly. Clicking a picture, you took a silly one and then one with him kissing your cheek, per his request. "I’ll send these to the nurse so that she can give you a copy ok?"

"My name is Hosoon if you want to write me a message Noona." He said with hopeful eyes as you looked at the other idols ready to leave the room.

"I will, wait for it ok? Keep smiling Hosoon. Rest well. Hwaiting." You said with a smile as he smiled and leaned his head back on the pillow.

"I will Noona. Thank you for visiting me." He said as he closed his eyes and you pet his head softly as he fell right to sleep.

Joining your other Idols, they walked down the hall to more rooms with more sick kids, others just weeks old as you felt their soft skin as you watched their little chests move up and down with each breath.

Moving into another room, there were kids around the age of four as they saw the four idols come into their rooms. With you being the only girl in the group, you looked over the kids and walked over to the only girl in the room.

"Hello." You smiled at her as she was barely the age of three.

"Hello." She said shyly as you smiled at her, seeing a little bit of yourself in her.

"What are you working on?" You asked as you saw her folding paper into a flower.

"A present for you." She said quietly, yet simply as she glanced up at you with her little teeth.

"Oh I get a present?" You asked as she smiled.

"Unnie’s music is so pretty. It helps me when I get shots and they hurt." She said as she finished folding a bouquet of flowers for you.

"I’m sorry you have to get shots, but when you get better I will take your family to one of my concerts to celebrate, arrasso?" You smiled as she looked at you with bright eyes and tears b them.

"Really?" She asked as you nodded your head, quickly she threw her arms around you as you held her tightly. "Thank you Unnie. Thank you." She cried into your shoulder as you rubbed her back rocking her from side to side.

"You are so strong and so pretty, I am sure if you rest you will get better in no time." You whispered in her ear as she nodded and you pet her hair gently.

"Thank you for following your dreams, Unnie." She said as she smiled at you, holding your hand in hers.

"What is your dream?" You asked as she brightened up.

"I want to be a Mommy and I want to have a flower shop for people to be happy." She said as you smiled and rubbed her little hand with your thumb.

"Well you made me really happy today." You said with a bright smile and a full heart.

"I’m Baekee. Can we take a picture Unnie? I put bows in my hair for a picture today." She pleaded as you pulled out your phone. Snapping a few pictures you told her what you told the other little boy and she smiled and went back to making her origami flowers for the nurses.

"You are really good with kids." Changmin whispered as you all headed to the Cafeteria for lunch.

"Oh thank you. I babysat while I was trying to earn money for singing lessons." You told him as he just smiled. Walking through the line you got your lunch and walked over to a table as you sat down. This little girl with an arm in a cast came and tapped your arm.

”_______-ssi?” She asked you nodded your head.

"Sorry to bother you." Her mother tried to pull her away from you.

"It really is no problem." You told her mother as the little girl handed you a marker and put her cast on your leg.

"Can you please sign this for me?" She asked with big eyes as you smiled and nodded. Writing her a note of strength you signed your name with a heart as she wrapped you in a hug and you smiled as you noticed Changmin sitting across from you.

"Oh Changmin Oppa. Can you please sign too?" She trotted over to him as he blushed and smiled as he signed his name right next to yours. With a hug from her too, she skipped off with her mom as you got back to eating.

"I’m glad we are in the same group together." Changmin said as he loaded his spoon up with rice.

"Me too, I love seeing the little kids." You said as you sipped some broth.

"Well… you really make them smile and you are so personal with them, it is so beautiful to see." He said as you blushed and bit your lip gently as Mr. Kim came over and sat by you two.

"I have heard from the nurses that you two are wonderful with the kids. So I would like to ask you for a special favor. There is this boy, he is around seven years old and he doesn’t have very many visitors, he has cancer and I would love it if you two would go and see him." He looked over at Changmin who nodded then to you who couldn’t refuse.

He took you to the wing of the hospital that he was in and had you suited up in scrubs and sterile coverings as you walked into the room. A little boy laid on the bed with his bald head that reflected the sunlight that bled through his blinds. Changmin stayed right behind you as you walked through the plastic barrier around him. His eyes opened as he saw the two of you, sitting up on his bed he smiled brightly.

"Hi!" He waved as you laughed and waved back.

"Hello. How are you doing?" You asked as you took a seat the foot of his bed.

"Pretty good, today they didn’t have me do any treatments since I was having visitors, so thank you for not having me be in pain today." He gave you as weak smile as you nodded as Changmin took the seat next to his bed.

"Are you Changmin and _______?" He asked as he looked at the both of you as you had an instant smile on your face as you two nodded.

"Wow, you two are even better than on a screen." He said as you smiled and nodded.

"Thank you." Changmin said as he looked over at you.

"My name is Himkyu." He said as he held out his hand as you both took your turn and shook it.

"Are you two going out? You would make a very lovely couple." He commented as Changmin blushed as you nervously smiled. "Noona you sing so beautifully and Oppa you are so strong and have a great voice as well. You two should do a duet too." He said with a bright smile as Changmin nodded. Mr. Kim came through the doors as you knew that it was your cue to leave.

"Let’s have a group picture before we leave." Changmin offered as both of you got on either side of Himkyu as you took turns with your phone and Changmin’s. Waving goodbye, he smiled happily as you heard him sing some of your songs and Changmin’s as both of you took off the sterile coverings.

"Maybe we should do a duet or something for him/" Changmin offered as you two walked down to the lobby where the other idols were waiting.

"That would be great." You said as Changmin smiled and slid his hands into his pockets. Reconvening with the other idols, Mr. Kim debriefed all of you and were happy that all of you had come and shed some light on the unfortunate kids. All of you bowed and thanked him for the opportunity as you filed past him and loaded into the bus to head home.

Sitting in the same window spot, you looked at your little gifts that you received, the picture, and the origami flowers. Flipping through the pictures on your phone, you sent them to Mr. Kim to give them to the right patients as you typed a message at the bottom of each picture.

Changmin sat next to you as he watched your fingers move over the phone. His heart raced as his thoughts quickly turned back to when he saw you interacting with all of the kids, it made his heart flutter and see a different side of you that many people never had the chance to see.

”______?” He asked as you finished up your last message before sending it off and looking at Changmin. “I was watching you with the kids today, and I have been watching you since the beginning of your career and I think you are really talented. I think you can make it all the way if you keep the passion that you have right now.”

"Thank you Changmin, that means a lot to me." You said with a shy smile as he placed his hand on your shoulder.

"I have been wanted to tell you this for some time but I don’t want you to think that I am toying with you because I have waited months to say this, I was just too shy to come up to a beautiful girl like you." Changmin took a breath as you looked into his chocolate orbs. "I like you, _______. I like you not just as an artist and your personality, but all of you. You are one of a kind and this is my confession."

Taken back by his words, you didn’t know what to say, your head spun trying to find the right words as your tongue was tied. His hand dropped from your shoulder as he turned and faced the front. He took another deep breath to calm his heart as you just looked at him. Changmin has a crush on not just any girl but you.

"Changmin?" You asked as he quickly turned his head to look at you. "Thank you for the complement, but I am not ready for a boyfriend yet. Can we just be friends, then if I want a boyfriend I will come to you first." You said as he beamed.

"That sounds perfect to me." He said as you smiled, "Can friend’s hold hands?" He asked as his hand faced palm up on his leg as you put you hand on top of his.

"I am sure they can." You said as he wrapped his hand around yours as your heart picked up it’s pace. Maybe you were ready for a boyfriend sooner than you had thought.